Reload this Page >

British Living in the Brisbane Area

British Living in the Brisbane Area

Old Nov 10th 2003, 2:56 am
Just Joined

Amyinbrisbane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British Living in the Brisbane Area

Hi Everyone

I'm in Brisbane working on a BBC show which follows a British family moving abroad to show the kind of experiences they have, both ups and downs, while fulfilling their dreams of living in another country.

While following our featured family, we're also looking for other British people who've moved here who may have had similar or very different experiences. The idea is for viewers to learn as much as possible about what it is to move to this part of the world from the UK.

We would love to hear from anyone British, now living in the Brisbane and the surrounding area who could talk to us about their experiences.

You can email me on [email protected] or call me on:
04 005 388 84 so please get in touch as soon as possible.

Hope to talk to you soon!

Amy
Old Nov 10th 2003, 3:02 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Hi Amy

Without wishing to sound rude, we get this sort of thing quite a lot. Do you have any way to establish your bona-fides? A yahoo address doesn't really cut it!
Old Nov 10th 2003, 3:07 am
Just Joined

I'm sure this is a fairly common request and don't mean to inconvenience anyone.

The show is called Get a New Life and goes out on BBC2. It's made by a production company called Brighter Pictures and my work email is [email protected]

I've had problems accessing it here, hence the yahoo address.

I should also stress that the show is aimed to help people learn about living here, so not exploitative in the slightest in case anyone's worried!

Originally posted by downunderpom
Hi Amy

Without wishing to sound rude, we get this sort of thing quite a lot. Do you have any way to establish your bona-fides? A yahoo address doesn't really cut it!
Old Nov 10th 2003, 3:20 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Amyinbrisbane
The show is called Get a New Life and goes out on BBC2. It's made by a production company called Brighter Pictures and my work email is [email protected]
So, according to your website you give these families a whole month in which to decide to stay or go......

Over to the BrissyPoms!

www.brighter.co.uk for those who want to look for themselves. Do a search on 'Get a new life!'
Old Nov 10th 2003, 5:19 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Having seen "Get a New Life" (first series) in the UK, I can't really see that a lot of us would be much help - families were given a month to stay or go back; I, for example, have made my choice, spent my money, and get married in January - barring extreme mishaps, going back is not really an option!
Old Nov 10th 2003, 6:39 am
Just Joined

For those who may have seen Get A New Life, the relocation series on BBC2, you will know it involves a pair of relocation experts helping prospective emmigrants to achieve their dream move by finding suitable areas, potential homes and prospective jobs so the whole moving package is taken care of. It also enlists the experiences of those who have already relocated for their perspective on the big move.

The series has proved incredibly popular and there is
now a new strand which goes beyond relocating a family and explores the experiences of people already settled. The programme aims to look deeper at what it means to move abroad, and we're looking to learn from the experiences of people just like yourself and others on this board.

We are interested in speaking to all those who have settled in the Queensland areas whether recent or long settled - we are looking at how it compares here to home, and what prompted people to move. What do people like about living here, are there things that they miss etc.

This board seems as though there are a number of people whoe would have lots of interesting experiences and opinions, so we'd be really grateful for an opportunity to talk to you.

Our phone number will be working from tomorrow: 04 0053 8884 or please do email me back.

Hope to hear from you

Amy
Old Nov 10th 2003, 7:15 am
owieb

For those who may have seen Get A New Life, the relocation series on BBC2, you will know it involves a pair of relocation experts helping prospective emmigrants to achieve their dream move by finding suitable areas, potential homes and prospective jobs so the whole moving package is taken care of. It also enlists the experiences of those who have already relocated for their perspective on the big move.

The series has proved incredibly popular and there is
now a new strand which goes beyond relocating a family and explores the experiences of people already settled. The programme aims to look deeper at what it means to move abroad, and we're looking to learn from the experiences of people just like yourself and others on this board.

We are interested in speaking to all those who have settled in the Queensland areas whether recent or long settled - we are looking at how it compares here to home, and what prompted people to move. What do people like about living here, are there things that they miss etc.

This board seems as though there are a number of people whoe would have lots of interesting experiences and opinions, so we'd be really grateful for an opportunity to talk to you.

Our phone number will be working from tomorrow: 04 0053 8884 or please do email me back.

Hope to hear from you

Amy
Just out of interest Amy, why did you choose the Queensland areas?

Old Nov 10th 2003, 7:32 am
Just Joined

The family who relocated for the programme chose to relocate here as they already had friends here.
Old Nov 10th 2003, 9:08 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Just out of interest, has anyone had an email from Amy and her programme........?
Old Nov 10th 2003, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

malx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pollyana
Just out of interest, has anyone had an email from Amy and her programme........?
hi polly, we used to watch that programme on the telly and we vowed if any of them knocked on our door at 6 am in the the morning with a weeks notice to leave the country, we'd not be happy badgers

Malx
Old Nov 10th 2003, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

cookies is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pollyana
Hi Pollyana,

we have had an e-mail from Amy aking to contact her, though have to say that I agree with your comments. I enjoyed this programme when I first saw it and agrre that our criteria are different - we would not be coming back under any circumsatnaces after only a month! This programme and others like it have been watched with some facination by us to see how others handle a major move to some new country. Some of the experiences have frightened me...some people move with little money, with no job and to a country which is non English speaking - that is very brave indeed!

Hope to see you on the 14th in Wynnum.

Steve
Old Nov 11th 2003, 1:51 am
Just Joined

Default BBC Series

Hi there

We would just like to clear any confusion about this programme as there seems to be some misunderstanding about what we are actually trying to do.

The programme we are making will explore a range of experiences of people who have relocated. It is obviously an enormous life changing decision to relocate and we are really keen to talk to people who have undergone such a move. We are looking to speak to people not only who have recently come out here, but also people who have been established here for some time.

The programme is not just dealing with the process of relocating but rather the experiences once the decision to stay has been made.

There is a great deal of interest in making this big step of emigrating, many people back in England have similar dreams and aspirations to opt out of the daily nine to five grind to try to make a better life for themselves in a new country.

To clear up any confusion, the programme is NOT any type of gameshow, but a serious documentary charting the highs and lows of life abroad.

So please don't be shy and feel free to contact us.

:lecture:
Old Nov 11th 2003, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

jwatsonoz will become famous soon enough
Default Re: BBC Series

what incentive is there for participation?

Hi there

We would just like to clear any confusion about this programme as there seems to be some misunderstanding about what we are actually trying to do.

The programme we are making will explore a range of experiences of people who have relocated. It is obviously an enormous life changing decision to relocate and we are really keen to talk to people who have undergone such a move. We are looking to speak to people not only who have recently come out here, but also people who have been established here for some time.

The programme is not just dealing with the process of relocating but rather the experiences once the decision to stay has been made.

There is a great deal of interest in making this big step of emigrating, many people back in England have similar dreams and aspirations to opt out of the daily nine to five grind to try to make a better life for themselves in a new country.

To clear up any confusion, the programme is NOT any type of gameshow, but a serious documentary charting the highs and lows of life abroad.

So please don't be shy and feel free to contact us.

:lecture:
Old Nov 11th 2003, 11:22 pm
I like kittens.

Hi Ami

Didn't Brighter Pictures also produce "There's Something About Miriam"?

I hope that there's nothing like THAT sort of a twist in mind for this series....?
Old Nov 11th 2003, 11:38 pm
Home and Happy

They also seem to be part of Endemol - didn't they do Big Brother?! EEK!!!

Seem to have avoided your question about incentives Jason?!!!

Pollyana

Queensland's Premier Suspicious Witch!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.