British Gas

Old Feb 1st 2009, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

gasfitter7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British Gas

Hi all

Im new to this website and amazed at the info available, the problem being were do i start?

I have thought about moving to OZ for a few years now, I work for British Gas as a corgi registered domestic gas installer and my partner is a registered child minder we have three great kids.

Is there any demand for gas fitters? would i have to retrain or do my qualifications stand over there? were do i start on info about getting started?

Sorry if this sounds confusing but any help you could give would be much appreciated

Cheers
Old Feb 1st 2009, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

Rapido is just really niceRapido is just really niceRapido is just really niceRapido is just really niceRapido is just really niceRapido is just really niceRapido is just really niceRapido is just really nice
Default Re: British Gas

Been discussed a little while back, Gassy. See link to thread below.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=572770
Old Feb 1st 2009, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

Ex BG here too mate.........EMGAS to be precise
IF you want to stay gas fitting then be prepared for a shock..... despite being on the skills in demand list there is very little work as a "pure" gasfitter here in Australia, most have to be registered plumbers too to make a living.
Make sure you have enough savings to live on for 6 months whilst you are re-sitting exams at the local tafe.........If you search for my posts, you can find my experiences of getting here & the frustrations too.
However, all is not lost , all the gasmen I knew were very adaptable and a career change is not something to be frightened of
I now work in the industrial gases ( oxy/nitrogen etc) market as a project manager...... would have been known to us as techrep and occasionally get the tools out to help out the boys, who are amazed that an office wallah can twirl a spanner & strangle pipe faster than them
Old Feb 1st 2009, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

Didn;t realise I'd posted so much drivel
I thought I'd better find it for you

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ighlight=Rossi
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 10:13 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Just to note, not all States have high penetration of domestic gas, partly as a result of relatively low demand for space heating.

In QLD for example, out of a population of some 3million, there are only about 170,000 domestically connected reticulated gas consumers.