Reload this Page >

British Foods in NZ

British Foods in NZ

Old Mar 14th 2004, 4:42 am
Adios UK, I'm in ChCh, NZ

DMAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British Foods in NZ

Hiya
Could anyone tell me if there is a shop in Christchurch or evn New Zealand that sells UK produce.

We love it here but we are hankering after Walkers crisps, Sunpat Peanut butter, Bisto Gravy Granules etc etc.

We can get most things i.e. Marmite, HP Sauce

Could anyone help please.
Old Mar 14th 2004, 5:14 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Cant help ... just want to say it is murder trying to wean the kids/hubby off heinz ketchup and salad cream but I dont want to spend the next who knows how many years paying over inflated prices for something their taste buds have just grown used to. I am being very hard and just buying the stuff the locals buy and if the family dont like it is just tough. I am not finding it hard and actually am finding most of the food tastes soooo much better
Old Mar 14th 2004, 6:28 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Bisto available in Woolworths.

What is wrong with NZ crisps and peanut butter, anyway?
Old Mar 14th 2004, 7:15 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

New World has Bisto and Heinz tomato ketchup ( I got beaten to it by hubby, Sky - he grabbed the biggest bottle of ketchup he could find and clung on like a limpet!)

and I am very sorry Don, but NZ crisps suck big time ( except Twisties) I WANT FRAZZLES!!
Old Mar 14th 2004, 8:02 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollster
New World has Bisto and Heinz tomato ketchup ( I got beaten to it by hubby, Sky - he grabbed the biggest bottle of ketchup he could find and clung on like a limpet!)

and I am very sorry Don, but NZ crisps suck big time ( except Twisties) I WANT FRAZZLES!!
lol ... never liked crisps anyways pol but I can see your point they dont look even remotely like what the kids have been used to in the uk
Old Mar 14th 2004, 8:08 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Try those thick cut ones from EVA, they are delish.
Old Mar 14th 2004, 8:15 am
Banned

sado is an unknown quantity at this point

countdowns do mr kiplings french fancys mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old Mar 14th 2004, 8:16 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British Foods in NZ

Originally posted by DMAN
Hiya
Could anyone tell me if there is a shop in Christchurch or evn New Zealand that sells UK produce.

We love it here but we are hankering after Walkers crisps, Sunpat Peanut butter, Bisto Gravy Granules etc etc.

Why? They were hardly that great in the first place.
Old Mar 14th 2004, 5:33 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by DMAN
Hiya

Hiya,

You could try a tiny little shop called Johnsons its 787 Columbo St (the top end). Its really little, blink and you'll miss it, inside the shelves are packed with all sorts of stuff. They have imports there from the Uk, last time I was in they had 'Iron Bru'. Not sure if you'll get Walkers Crisps as I think its a shelf life vs time to get here issue.
You could of course always speak really nicely to me

my mum will be here a week on Tuesday and I have so far ordered Walkers, twiglets and mcVities plain digestives.

Paula
Old Mar 15th 2004, 6:00 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Watt Dabney
Hiya,

You could try a tiny little shop called Johnsons its 787 Columbo St (the top end). Its really little, blink and you'll miss it, inside the shelves are packed with all sorts of stuff. They have imports there from the Uk, last time I was in they had 'Iron Bru'. Not sure if you'll get Walkers Crisps as I think its a shelf life vs time to get here issue.
You could of course always speak really nicely to me

my mum will be here a week on Tuesday and I have so far ordered Walkers, twiglets and mcVities plain digestives.

Paula

Hi again,

Have just heard on the ex-pat grapevine at school that there is a shop somewhere in Merivale Mall that sells ex-pat food, even maybe walkers crisps. Will do some more investigating today!

Paula
Old Mar 15th 2004, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

on line shops...
try this http://www.britishexportgrocer.com/ for walkers crisps!!

http://www.britishfoodworldwide.co.uk/prodlists.asp

http://www.expatessentials.co.uk/fra...UDHANAMJWNF8WD

Old Mar 16th 2004, 4:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

New World sure does Bisto, but it's the "gravy mix" and not the "granules".

I have also just found out which yoghurt is the equivalent to "Mullerlight", it's Fresh n Fruity lite, was on special at Countdown 1kg for $3. Same calorie things, but different taste. Was the mainstay of my slimming world diet.

Gill
Old Mar 16th 2004, 11:58 pm
Adios UK, I'm in ChCh, NZ

DMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya,
Not saying that there is anything wrong with NZ food. It's just we aquire a taste for certain things and when you cannot get you crave it a little.
Plus being new into a country and all the changes that are happening it is nice to have something familiar that you can relate back to.
PS ETA crisps are horrid!!

Thanks Paula see private message file for our contact details when you find out.