Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BRITISH FOOD YOU MISS ?

BRITISH FOOD YOU MISS ?

Old Apr 2nd 2008, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Josie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud of
Default Re: BRITISH FOOD YOU MISS ?

I am so wanting some pickled onion monster munch so much!!!!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 10:20 am

dazah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Josie1100
I am so wanting some pickled onion monster munch so much!!!!
ok now you have me wanting them i love them and walkers pickled onion chrisps when i bring them over i ask m8s to put on corner of lips there not used to the strong taste and stings lol
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:03 am

i found a butchers that sold black pudding i made my self a nice fry up and the black pudd was horid

that has gone in naighbours dog now lol
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:25 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dazah
the foods i miss from uk

1 scampi
2 gammon
3 walkers pickled onion crisps
4 danish bacon
5 lilt that totaly tropical taste lol
6 COD and chips
7 corn beef PASTY from newbolds

my daughter misses

1 pot noodles

of all things lol

Heinz cream of tomato soup .... cant find anything like it here. Lots of tomato soup but none with the 'cream of'

Can anyone recommend a decent brand?
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
Heinz cream of tomato soup .... cant find anything like it here. Lots of tomato soup but none with the 'cream of'

i found it but its condensed

if you like chicken get hinze chicken special recipe
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:43 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: BRITISH FOOD YOU MISS ?

Originally Posted by lisaroo
they sell yorkshire puddings in aldi. worth a look in there quite a good few finds, they also have a small british shop in robina town center on th gc, the kids were chuffed with their quavers, i wasnt they were about £2 for 2 bags
Hi Lisa,

I thought that this shop in Robina had closed down??? or has it just moved ?(I'm thinking right down the end of one of the undercover walkways opposite the really cool toy shop :0) )
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sdunx
I'm going back to Plymouth to live next month after 15 years here so will hunt them out, Saltash I assume?

Also fresh cockles from the Panier Market on them little ceramic dishes with salt, pepper and vinegar, same stall been there 45 years now run by original owners grand daughter.
Need to travel a bit further south. I think the nearest is Liskeard.
You'll probably notice a lot of changes when you go back, especially the monstrosity they call a shopping centre at Drakes Circus!!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:52 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dazah
i found it but its condensed

if you like chicken get hinze chicken special recipe
i can live with condensed
i dont think i have found a soup over here that wasnt condensed anyway
have tried every variety of tomato soup i can find - heinz rich tomato is ok but just not the same i will have to keep looking
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:53 am

i did find english recipe baked beans lol
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rockpeblar
Need to travel a bit further south. I think the nearest is Liskeard.
You'll probably notice a lot of changes when you go back, especially the monstrosity they call a shopping centre at Drakes Circus!!
I've been back 7 times in last 12 months on business so pretty familiar with the changes, new shopping centre is far too crammed in I reckon. Just rented a house in Ivybridge for next 12 months so looking forward to spending time at 'home' (even though I'll be away on business most weekdays)
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light

You can get the Aussie Heinz Creamy tomato here. Only in small tins for one but tastes the same as the old stuff
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 1:26 am
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by sparkley23
You can get the Aussie Heinz Creamy tomato here. Only in small tins for one but tastes the same as the old stuff
is that the one in the 'soup for one' tins? i looked at that but have you seend the price of it?! $1.80 ish for a tiny tin not sure my craving is worth that much
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 5:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond repute

Total Greek yogurt ,, I don't suppose anyone has seen that on their travels?
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light

is that the one in the 'soup for one' tins? i looked at that but have you seend the price of it?! $1.80 ish for a tiny tin not sure my craving is worth that much
Yeah thats the one. Guess I'm immune to the inflated price of many things over here now. I went back to the UK recently and refused to pay any more than 50 pence for a bar of chocolate. And then chuckled to myself when I realised I pay probably 75p + a bar over here all the time!!
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emmyjc1
*Those biscuit thingys that are from Scotland (Chocolate and chewy caramel in gold and red wrapers - begins with T?)
Hey - another item I recall liking on a few occasions I tried them, but not missing now I am gone.

Will catch up with Revels (only recalled now they are mentioned) next week, maybe Crumble Corners.

Once I am back in Australia they will fade back into obscurity. That's how it seems to have worked for us.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.