Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

British family returns home due to lack of Robinsons juice hahah

British family returns home due to lack of Robinsons juice hahah

Old May 13th 2018, 1:25 am
Banned

Danishwomen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British family returns home due to lack of Robinsons juice hahah

Family who swapped Hull for life of luxury in Australia return home two months later in shock from cost of living and lack of Robinson's fruit juice | Daily Mail Online
Old May 13th 2018, 1:41 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British family returns home due to lack of Robinsons juice hahah

Go to sleep
Old May 13th 2018, 2:06 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Go to sleep
They've gone.
Old May 13th 2018, 2:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Rather unfortunate responses to date. No wonder few bother to respond these days on this forum. But back to thread. I could have sworn I'd read Robinson's Fruit Juice , was a reason given a few years back for folk returning? Perhaps more a life and death issue than would have expected?

I expect the real reason though was the obscene cost of life in Australia along with the lack of ease of walking into a job, or a reasonably paid one, that many appear to think are there for the taking in Australia.
Shame the lack of juice distorts the real issues namely around what mentioned above being the most likely problems to be experience.

PS. Are you really a 'Dansk Kvinde?
Old May 13th 2018, 3:17 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Rather unfortunate responses to date. No wonder few bother to respond these days on this forum. But back to thread. I could have sworn I'd read Robinson's Fruit Juice , was a reason given a few years back for folk returning? Perhaps more a life and death issue than would have expected?

I expect the real reason though was the obscene cost of life in Australia along with the lack of ease of walking into a job, or a reasonably paid one, that many appear to think are there for the taking in Australia.
Shame the lack of juice distorts the real issues namely around what mentioned above being the most likely problems to be experience.

PS. Are you really a 'Dansk Kvinde?
It is a very old story - and I believe the family in question came to Adelaide (Glenelg area I think).. I don't think they stayed more than a week but I'm not going back to read the story.

Anyway, the member in question ****-posted across various sections of the forums with posts designed to stir people up - a troll - and has been banned.

If you have any other issues with moderator actions, can I suggest you pm one of the mods / supermods. - admin
Old May 13th 2018, 3:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

OK same story then. I do recall it. Good of you to clarify though.
If I have issues with posts I will certainly react appropriately. I do not tend to go behind backs and report tit tattle either. Not sure why you mention moderator activities though for I tend to comment on the post and the sometimes apparent bullying that seems to accompany the tactics of certain replies. I have experienced such behaviour myself.

But again thanks for the clarification with regards to this particular post. Nothing further to comment.
Old May 13th 2018, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

The OP is just a troll, but pretty funny in that "she" is probably the most stupid one I have ever seen.
Old May 13th 2018, 6:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by verystormy
The OP is just a troll, but pretty funny in that "she" is probably the most stupid one I have ever seen.
I was quite enjoying their input as they seemed quite a *benign troll. "She" was distracting me from the annoying changes to the site. All good here in NZ, Robinson's squash available in Countdown.
*with the exception of the thread about Dubai of course.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat094; May 13th 2018 at 6:52 am. Reason: To add a proviso
Old May 13th 2018, 8:47 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
OK same story then. I do recall it. Good of you to clarify though.
If I have issues with posts I will certainly react appropriately. I do not tend to go behind backs and report tit tattle either. Not sure why you mention moderator activities though for I tend to comment on the post and the sometimes apparent bullying that seems to accompany the tactics of certain replies. I have experienced such behaviour myself.

But again thanks for the clarification with regards to this particular post. Nothing further to comment.
Reporting dross like that is not to 'go behind backs and report tit tattle' - its a matter of being a responsible pmember of the forum and reporting junk so the original poster gets sent where they belong. Mods cannot read every post and need to have reports sent through so that they can see where their attention is needed. Otherwise forums would drown under a pile of junk threads very quickly. I know as I've done the clean up job many times
Old May 13th 2018, 9:45 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
I was quite enjoying their input as they seemed quite a *benign troll. "She" was distracting me from the annoying changes to the site. All good here in NZ, Robinson's squash available in Countdown.
*with the exception of the thread about Dubai of course.
My apologies.

Last edited by moneypenny20; May 13th 2018 at 12:33 pm. Reason: I can't handle typos.
Old May 13th 2018, 10:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
My apologies.
I'll let you off on this occasion, you being so lovely an' all. I have Robinson's squash here so my life is complete apparently.

Last edited by moneypenny20; May 13th 2018 at 12:33 pm. Reason: Definitely can't handle my typos appearing in someone else's post!
Old May 13th 2018, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Funnily enough, the aged parents came to visit last year and we gave them Bickford's lemon barley cordial, which they loved. They went back to the UK and in the absence of Bickfords, bought the famous Robinson's lemon barley water. Hated it.
Old May 13th 2018, 9:13 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
I'll let you off on this occasion, you being so lovely an' all. I have Robinson's squash here so my life is complete apparently.
Old May 14th 2018, 12:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

£10,000 to move then scrounging around for £8 for a box of tea bags. What about the big picture?
Old May 14th 2018, 1:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Reporting dross like that is not to 'go behind backs and report tit tattle' - its a matter of being a responsible pmember of the forum and reporting junk so the original poster gets sent where they belong. Mods cannot read every post and need to have reports sent through so that they can see where their attention is needed. Otherwise forums would drown under a pile of junk threads very quickly. I know as I've done the clean up job many times
.Your post got me wondering what exactly is a dross post? What is junk and why? The OP of this thread for reasons known to themselves aired a vintage post. Does that constitute a felony on this forum or simply something brought to the attention of OP and life moves on?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.