Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

british expats meetings?

Wikiposts

british expats meetings?

Old May 23rd 2004, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

creamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud of
Question british expats meetings?

Hiya!

I have moved to Rangiora in New Zealand 12 weeks ago and am having problems getting integrated. Does anyone know of a british expat club or anything in thats sort of area that meets up for a chat?

At the moment I am missing my mates very much and am needing to make some here, so to keep me from returning back to uk!

cheers,

Deb
Old May 23rd 2004, 9:21 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Can't help much cos I'm in Brisbane, but try posting the name of the town in the thread title - there may be someone near you.
We had an Expats meet up the Sunshine Coast recently, and someone put up a notice in the local shop.......might be worth a go?
Good luck
Old May 23rd 2004, 11:17 pm

robertd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ex pats meeting?

Hi there,
Just reading the past few days threads, and noticed there has been a Expats meeting on the Sunshine Coast. We live down on the Gold Coast. Do you know if there will be any meeting soon because we would love to meet up with some ofthe forum that live our way. Thanks for your time, Louisa
Old May 23rd 2004, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Louisa
If you just start a thread about an Expats meet, you'll be surprised how many people will respond... someone just has to start the ball rolling and suggest some venues and possible dates.
Good luck!
Larissa
Old May 24th 2004, 2:00 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Its true, the first one we ever did was just an experiment suggesting "Brighton meet" and I think we filled the pub!! Put the place or area in the title, suggest a few dates and locations, and you''ll hopefully be surprised at the response
Try and think of somewhere child-friendly - in Brighton we used a pub with a huge kids play area, and over here we use parks with bbqs. That way people can be as sociable as they want to be, and the kids are happy too!!