Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The British Club ?

The British Club ?

Old Aug 6th 2009, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

OzzieGunner is just really niceOzzieGunner is just really niceOzzieGunner is just really niceOzzieGunner is just really niceOzzieGunner is just really niceOzzieGunner is just really niceOzzieGunner is just really niceOzzieGunner is just really niceOzzieGunner is just really nice
Default The British Club ?

Just about every major national migrant group has a club in Melbourne (Not sure about the other cities).
Italian clubs, South African, Polish, Celtic, the list goes on. I wonder why nobody ever decided to start up a Britsh club or are Britsh theme pubs the headquarters of the ex pat POM?

If there was one would you support it?
Old Aug 6th 2009, 1:13 am
Forum Regular

OzzieGunner is just really niceOzzieGunner is just really niceOzzieGunner is just really niceOzzieGunner is just really niceOzzieGunner is just really niceOzzieGunner is just really niceOzzieGunner is just really niceOzzieGunner is just really niceOzzieGunner is just really nice
Default Re: The British Club ?

Can someone move this thread for me I should have put it in the Australia section not MBTTUK.

Apologies
Old Aug 6th 2009, 1:59 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzzieGunner
Can someone move this thread for me I should have put it in the Australia section not MBTTUK.

Apologies
I'll fix it
Old Aug 6th 2009, 5:18 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

I like the idea! It was the same in Adelaide, I went to the German club a few times, and the Irish club, we need a British club, with a red phone box inside, a dartboard, no food except crisps there would be a pub dog.......and we could form darts and pool teams...and serve cheese sandwiches..... hurrah!
Old Aug 6th 2009, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

Lucky Lucan has a reputation beyond reputeLucky Lucan has a reputation beyond reputeLucky Lucan has a reputation beyond reputeLucky Lucan has a reputation beyond reputeLucky Lucan has a reputation beyond reputeLucky Lucan has a reputation beyond reputeLucky Lucan has a reputation beyond reputeLucky Lucan has a reputation beyond reputeLucky Lucan has a reputation beyond reputeLucky Lucan has a reputation beyond reputeLucky Lucan has a reputation beyond repute

I've often wondered why there was no British club

and while were at it, how come SBS show news from all over the world but nothing from Britain, I believe the Brits make up the largest immigrant group in Australia yet nowhere on free to air telly is British news shown
Old Aug 6th 2009, 7:39 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd rather top myself than go to a British club.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

louH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
I like the idea! It was the same in Adelaide, I went to the German club a few times, and the Irish club, we need a British club, with a red phone box inside, a dartboard, no food except crisps there would be a pub dog.......and we could form darts and pool teams...and serve cheese sandwiches..... hurrah!

The cheese sandwiches would need to be slightly stale with a limp bit of lettuce and a dried out slice of tomato on the side of the plate!
Old Aug 6th 2009, 10:14 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
I'd rather top myself than go to a British club.
And me but I guess it would serve a purpose for some I think joondalup (sp?) has a British pub that sounds worth avoiding at all costs
Old Aug 6th 2009, 10:47 am

nutgrove is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OzzieGunner
Just about every major national migrant group has a club in Melbourne (Not sure about the other cities).
Italian clubs, South African, Polish, Celtic, the list goes on. I wonder why nobody ever decided to start up a Britsh club or are Britsh theme pubs the headquarters of the ex pat POM?

If there was one would you support it?
one is not needed ... 'ocka'

Just think you could be anywhere in the world & find someone that speaks English

Second point is away from the UK when a Brit opens their mouths most will walk away, those from the UK will talk a while then leave

A Brit club is not needed cos me thinks it would never survive

Brits I do not think are very clique (take em or leave em) , therefore a Brit club would if it existed be just a whinging club that would disband so quickly

The closest thing to a Brit club is a Brit style pub where getting pi$$ed & finishing off the night rude or obnoxious is being British
Old Aug 6th 2009, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

There is one but I can't think what the correct title is....I know I saw an office in Sydney (not usre if it covers the whole nation or not) I think on Macquarie Street............It is something like Australia and British something
Old Aug 6th 2009, 1:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

http://brit.meetup.com/246/
Old Aug 6th 2009, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

There is that, but the one i was thinking of is an "offical" one run by an organisation something like Australia British society

Originally Posted by fish.01
Old Aug 6th 2009, 8:32 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

There used to be "The British working mans club" in Elizabeth for years , it closed in the early 90,s due to lack of intrest.
I think most of the ten pound poms who frequented the place ,had gone into care homes or died....and the next generation were all aussies...........mm
Old Aug 7th 2009, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

Sunday drink with cockles and roast potatoes free on the bar.
British football playing constantly on the TV (except summer)when repeats of fawlty towers and the Only fools and horses are played
Our own football teams junior and senior
No pokies just a couple of video games for the kids
A beer garden
miserable fat bearded bloke serving beer just like it was when I was younger.

Possie Heaven
Old Aug 7th 2009, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
And me but I guess it would serve a purpose for some I think joondalup (sp?) has a British pub that sounds worth avoiding at all costs
Yeah the Old Bailey - there you can receive the authentic British Pub experience of being glassed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.