Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

British Airways Strike Days

British Airways Strike Days

Old Mar 17th 2010, 1:10 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute
Default British Airways Strike Days

Do you think the British Airways staff will go ahead with their strike with the mounting public feeling against them or don't they care?

I am actually booked with Qantas but it's a code share flight on March 30th, Heathrow to Sydney, this is one of the strike days.........
Old Mar 17th 2010, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

Kat_uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British Airways Strike Days

My OH is flying to Melbourne this Sunday for a week so he is taking no chances with BA He will take the train down the night before to get on the Qantas flight from Heathrow.

Thanks BA I will remember this next time I book a flight
Old Mar 17th 2010, 9:43 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Do you think the British Airways staff will go ahead with their strike with the mounting public feeling against them or don't they care?

I am actually booked with Qantas but it's a code share flight on March 30th, Heathrow to Sydney, this is one of the strike days.........
Union bosses don't give a crap what the travelling public think. They know every time they do it the sympathy from the British public is nil.

It's a matter of saving face for them now I suspect given the last strike was injuncted because they couldn't even ballot properly.

If I were you I would be changing my flight as soon as possible, maybe to a flight which is actually operated on Qantas metal. Just because your flight may be operated still by "volunteer" crew there will of course be a reduced level of service. For example, no hot food etc.

To think there will not also be other delays or nonsense going on as well as a result of this will be, I believe, wishful thinking.

Who wants to put up with that crap when you are actually paying in full for a poor level of service when you don't have to

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...1/public/en_gb

Phone Qantas imo and get it changed if you can.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 11:38 pm
Mermaid

Hoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really nice

we arrive 27th March on Qantas flight into Heathrow, I trust that won't be an issue then....sorry but this forum is the first I've read or heard about any strike
Old Mar 17th 2010, 11:55 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Yes they'll go ahead.

If you can try and get yourself on Qantas metal...as Centurion said. However, I reckon the BA kangaroo flights are probably about the most likely not to be cancelled for various reasons.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 1:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

Yup - give Qantas a bell and see what they say.

Luckily I booked with Malaysian to fly back on the 27th. I've always been wary flying with BA since 2003 when the check-in staff walked off the job and everybody was delayed.

I'm not taking sides between the union and managers, all I want to be able to do is to be sure that I'll actually arrive where I want to be. If BA can't actually do that then I won't use them.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

Here's a list of codeshares which BA think will fly normally. Qantas is listed so you might be ok.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...2/public/en_gb
Old Mar 18th 2010, 3:52 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

6 of my family (Mum Dad, Sister, BIL and 2 nephews) are due to be on QF320 (BA15) leaving Heathrow on 30th March... arriving 1st April...

Is this going to be a problem?
Old Mar 18th 2010, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by DadAgain
6 of my family (Mum Dad, Sister, BIL and 2 nephews) are due to be on QF320 (BA15) leaving Heathrow on 30th March... arriving 1st April...

Is it a Qantas or a BA plane?
Old Mar 18th 2010, 5:37 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deutschmaster
Is it a Qantas or a BA plane?
This is a QF/BA code share, it's a BA plane........
Old Mar 18th 2010, 5:38 am
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by Hoola
we arrive 27th March on Qantas flight into Heathrow, I trust that won't be an issue then....sorry but this forum is the first I've read or heard about any strike
It's a British Airways strike, not Qantas.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 5:39 am
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by DadAgain

Let's hope not, I am going to be on the same plane if it happens!!
Old Mar 18th 2010, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

BajanJo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Beedubya,
Have you heard yet if your flight is going ahead or not?
Old Mar 18th 2010, 3:06 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hoola
Have a look at the link in Deutschmaster's post above. If it is a flight operated by Qantas (as mine is), you will be fine
Old Mar 18th 2010, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

The latest twist to the story is that some of the foreign labour unions are looking at what support they can give unite. One of the American unions said that they were looking at what ways they can join in.

I suppose this is where it gets interesting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.