Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Britannia/Thompsonfly nightmare

Britannia/Thompsonfly nightmare

Old Jan 20th 2006, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

lovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nice
Default Britannia/Thompsonfly nightmare

Nightmare had by all
Our flight times were changed from Perth the month before we left the uk. The flight was supposed to get us back to Gatwick at 0300 with a connecting flight to Newcastle at 0700 so not too long to wait. The times were change the month before and the new time was changed and our arrival in Gatwick was now 0520.
I telephoned britannia to say that I thought that this was tight to catch our connecting flight at 0700 to which they replied that I was worrying too much and there was plenty of time to catch it.
Well, plane was delayed on departure from Perth for50 mins and well, didnt get to Gatwick till 0615 add on time to collect lugage as I wasn't allowed to book it through to Newcastle and then to travel from south terminal to north terminal and guess what. Missed gate closure as plane to newcastle was on runway for departure. Ran to desk to get help only to find that it then cost another £92 per person (3) and the next available flight was 1645 so another 10hours in airport. The agent was Austravel and NOT recomended by me
Old Jan 20th 2006, 8:59 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Britannia/Thompsonfly nightmare

Originally Posted by lovealot
Nightmare had by all
Our flight times were changed from Perth the month before we left the uk. The flight was supposed to get us back to Gatwick at 0300 with a connecting flight to Newcastle at 0700 so not too long to wait. The times were change the month before and the new time was changed and our arrival in Gatwick was now 0520.
I telephoned britannia to say that I thought that this was tight to catch our connecting flight at 0700 to which they replied that I was worrying too much and there was plenty of time to catch it.
Well, plane was delayed on departure from Perth for50 mins and well, didnt get to Gatwick till 0615 add on time to collect lugage as I wasn't allowed to book it through to Newcastle and then to travel from south terminal to north terminal and guess what. Missed gate closure as plane to newcastle was on runway for departure. Ran to desk to get help only to find that it then cost another £92 per person (3) and the next available flight was 1645 so another 10hours in airport. The agent was Austravel and NOT recomended by me
Blimey what a nightmare! I was going to go to the Austravel shop on Saturday but this is the second time I've heard a bad story about them
Old Jan 20th 2006, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

lovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nice

Hey dont bother as they really are a two bit airline and not worth any custom and when we contacted them to ask for reimbursements they really were quite rude
Old Jan 20th 2006, 9:07 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear of your trauma. Thanks for the warning though!
Old Jan 20th 2006, 9:20 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Seems you are not alone:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=349344

G