Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Britain's hottest summer?

Britain's hottest summer?

Old Aug 11th 2003, 4:12 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Britain's hottest summer?

How will a returning refugee cope with this bloody weather , rain , fog and gales are fine but this is not right , if I wanted to fry I would stay here.

The record for the hottest day in Britain has been broken, but will summer 2003 eclipse other near legendary ones.
According to the Met Office, it is too early to say whether this summer will beat the one of 1976.

Spokesman Andy Yeatman pointed out: "It depends on what statistics you choose. But in 1976 there were 15 consecutive days with temperatures above 32C."

Record-breaking temperatures all over the UK suggest Britain, as well as the rest of the world, is hotting up.

The previous record was created in 1990, when it reached 37.1C in Cheltenham and 36.5C at Heathrow and Cambridge.

On Wednesday London reached the highest ever recorded in the capital at 35.3C.

Last month Maidenhead had its hottest July day since 1976, and the 27.3C in Wolverhampton on 16 April was the hottest April day since 1949.

In the past decade, the year's hottest day has ranged from 32.2C in 1998 to 35.2C in 1995 until the new 10-year peak was reached on Wednesday.

Even in 1976, the hottest day was only 35.9C. It was reached in Cheltenham on 3 August.

Old Aug 11th 2003, 4:20 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Nasty thoughts twirling round my brain, freak heatwave in UK, so what would a freak heatwave here be. :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Woops silly me thats right Oz summers dont make you hot do they

Old Aug 11th 2003, 4:26 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dotty
Nasty thoughts twirling round my brain, freak heatwave in UK, so what would a freak heatwave here be. :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Woops silly me thats right Oz summers dont make you hot do they
Never felt hot here because first sign of 35c plus I shut all the blinds and turn up the air-con , otherwise my Pom skin cooks.
Love the way that heat haze makes your head swim in Australia , have seen work places that have 52c temps inside but its Australia so its only a bit warm , the whingers who complain are mainly them Poms and who cares about them.

Old Jan 14th 2005, 7:42 am
wombat42

Default Re: Britain's hottest summer?

Originally Posted by pommie bastard
Never felt hot here because first sign of 35c plus I shut all the blinds and turn up the air-con , otherwise my Pom skin cooks.
Love the way that heat haze makes your head swim in Australia , have seen work places that have 52c temps inside but its Australia so its only a bit warm , the whingers who complain are mainly them Poms and who cares about them.

Whinging pommie bastard.

Old Jan 14th 2005, 8:01 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Britain's hottest summer?

Originally Posted by wombat42
Whinging pommie bastard.
I think you losing the plot Wombat

G