Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brita Water Filters

Brita Water Filters

Old May 9th 2005, 3:07 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brita Water Filters

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Why not, it a very quiet Monday afternoon after all
Tuesday morning actually.....oops, that'll be another night I broke my "off Expats and in bed by midnight" vow........
Old May 9th 2005, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really nice

Waffles - who's idea to provide a rectangle grid. Another fine thread

What do you have with your waffles?
Old May 9th 2005, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really nice

you need to try roasted tomatoes on top of a waffle. Works very nice with a chicken steak and some salad.
Old May 9th 2005, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

and a glass of filtered water obviously
Old May 9th 2005, 3:10 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bhoywonder
Waffles - who's idea to provide a rectangle grid. Another fine thread

What do you have with your waffles?
Lyles Golden syrup....yummy!!!

Actually over here you can get chocolate called "Polly Waffles".....and my goodness she does!!!
Old May 9th 2005, 3:12 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Lyles Golden syrup....yummy!!!

Actually over here you can get chocolate called "Polly Waffles".....and my goodness she does!!!
PMSL. Go to bed woman. Keep that hubby of yours warm - I know how cold it's getting out there
Old May 9th 2005, 3:17 pm
Home and Happy

PMSL. Go to bed woman. Keep that hubby of yours warm - I know how cold it's getting out there
I'm going I'm going....he's buried under TWO doonas (duvets) - take me all night to find him!!!
Be interesting to see how long this thread is by the morning though....bet you can't keep it on page 1........
Old May 9th 2005, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

Briz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant future

I'm going I'm going....he's buried under TWO doonas (duvets) - take me all night to find him!!!
Be interesting to see how long this thread is by the morning though....bet you can't keep it on page 1........
You've gone off the track here.

I bought 1 brita filter in Robert Dyas the other day and had to fight with the woman who thought I was crazy not to buy their special deal of 3 for the price of 2. I had to explain to her that I'm about to move to oz and ship all my worldly possessions and that everything unneccessary thing I buy costs me extra to ship. She just looked at me weirdly...
Old May 9th 2005, 9:27 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Briz-chick
You've gone off the track here.

I bought 1 brita filter in Robert Dyas the other day and had to fight with the woman who thought I was crazy not to buy their special deal of 3 for the price of 2. I had to explain to her that I'm about to move to oz and ship all my worldly possessions and that everything unneccessary thing I buy costs me extra to ship. She just looked at me weirdly...
Obviously not an essential item when preparing to emigrate! I suppose not many people rush into Dyas and buy them before leaving

(very impressed to see the thread survived the night!!!)
Old May 9th 2005, 9:33 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously not an essential item when preparing to emigrate! I suppose not many people rush into Dyas and buy them before leaving

(very impressed to see the thread survived the night!!!)
It's only half 10 Just out of interest and totally OT, how many hours sleep do you get a night?
Old Jan 14th 2007, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Stephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond repute

Are the water filters a universal size? ie Are the cartridges the same for the UK & OZ?
Old Jan 14th 2007, 9:49 am
Home and Happy

It's only half 10 Just out of interest and totally OT, how many hours sleep do you get a night?
Hey Pen - remember this one? We couldn't believe it would survive the night, but its actually survived for nearly two years
Old Jan 14th 2007, 10:14 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

And, just to keep it open, about three months ago our water tasted so foul - as if acid or washing powder was dissolved in it - I actually called the water board at ten in the evening to ask if there was a Castleford emergency going on!

A guy arrived at eleven and took samples, promised to get back to us when it had been analysed. Fat chance....

Anyway, discovered at this point that the little tap thingy on the side of the sink didn't just dispense cold water, but *filtered* same. And the taste was fine!

So our new build has a filter included!
Old Jan 14th 2007, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Stephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Pen - remember this one? We couldn't believe it would survive the night, but its actually survived for nearly two years
Surely you will know then after 2 years if the cartridges are universal?
Old Jan 14th 2007, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Now this is coincidental.

Three weeks ago we were discussing what we should do about water. We weren't happy about the drinking water - primarily because it tastes of chlorine. (But to be brutally honest, seeing how slack the Aussies are with a lot of things I wasn't convinced that they would do the right cleaning, filtering etc - "Twice as much chlorine as there should be but...she'll be right").

Anyhow, we considered a spring water dispenser but were worried that the kids wouldn't get enough flouride. In the end we went for a Brita Filter but it's one of those which fits on to the end of the faucet so you don't have to fanny around with plumbing or jugs.

We've been really pleased with it - even the kids like drinking water again! Tastes really fresh, no chlorine and cutrs down on lots of other nasties - and it keeps the flouride in.

The hardware was $80 (including a filter) - can take it with us when we move. The filters cost $30 I think. No idea how long they last but I'd be happy with 6 weeks - based on a dollar for dollar comparison with spring water.

Last edited by NKSK version 2; Jan 14th 2007 at 10:30 am. Reason: typo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.