British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Brita Water Filters (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/brita-water-filters-301774/)

Bhoywonder May 9th 2005 2:23 pm

Brita Water Filters
 
Is there an equivalent to Brita Water Filters in Oz or should I buy one here and ship?

spalen May 9th 2005 2:31 pm

Re: Brita Water Filters
 
These things are everywhere.... K-mart, woolworths, etc etc etc. You can get them here.

biggy May 9th 2005 2:33 pm

Re: Brita Water Filters
 

Originally Posted by Bhoywonder
Is there an equivalent to Brita Water Filters in Oz or should I buy one here and ship?

yeah they r called....Brita Water Filters lol

we r getting an under bench water filter system put in...cos i cant b arsed filling up the bloody jugs all the time

Bhoywonder May 9th 2005 2:50 pm

Re: Brita Water Filters
 

Originally Posted by biggy
yeah they r called....Brita Water Filters lol

we r getting an under bench water filter system put in...cos i cant b arsed filling up the bloody jugs all the time

Thanks Spalen / Biggy

Thread now dead, unless you can tell me how much they are ( don't have much time at the moment to surf for price )

biggy May 9th 2005 2:58 pm

Re: Brita Water Filters
 

Originally Posted by Bhoywonder
Thanks Spalen / Biggy

Thread now dead, unless you can tell me how much they are ( don't have much time at the moment to surf for price )

ummmm they had them on special in the big W the other week.....$19.99 for the jug one

Bix May 9th 2005 3:03 pm

Re: Brita Water Filters
 

Originally Posted by biggy
ummmm they had them on special in the big W the other week.....$19.99 for the jug one

In fact I think a lot of the "offers" are buy 3 filters and get the jug "free".

We have 3 in rotation and it is a bit of a PITA refilling.
If you have your own place far better to plumb one in as Biggy said.

I remember you could buy them on QVC for about GBP35.

biggy May 9th 2005 3:07 pm

Re: Brita Water Filters
 

Originally Posted by Bix
In fact I think a lot of the "offers" are buy 3 filters and get the jug "free".

We have 3 in rotation and it is a bit of a PITA refilling.
If you have your own place far better to plumb one in as Biggy said.

I remember you could buy them on QVC for about GBP35.

our under bench one cost $180 was reduced from $350 mind you........its got a decent tap on it so hopefully will last for a while

Bhoywonder May 9th 2005 3:21 pm

Re: Brita Water Filters
 

Originally Posted by biggy
ummmm they had them on special in the big W the other week.....$19.99 for the jug one

Thanks Biggy, The thread is defo dead now

Pollyana May 9th 2005 3:52 pm

Re: Brita Water Filters
 

Originally Posted by Bhoywonder
Thanks Biggy, The thread is defo dead now

Wanna bet?? :p
Did you decide to buy one here then? Have you got one in the UK?

(just seeing how much waffle we can talk on a thread about water filters)

(Polly gets sudden inspiration :D ) Does lettuce taste better if washed in filtered water? :rolleyes:

moneypenny20 May 9th 2005 3:58 pm

Re: Brita Water Filters
 

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Wanna bet?? :p
Did you decide to buy one here then? Have you got one in the UK?

(just seeing how much waffle we can talk on a thread about water filters)

(Polly gets sudden inspiration :D ) Does lettuce taste better if washed in filtered water? :rolleyes:

Everything else does - even better idea, just have the filter and forget the lettuse - the filter is obviously less expensive :p

Pollyana May 9th 2005 4:02 pm

Re: Brita Water Filters
 
You're probably right there! And doesn't lettuce contain a lot of water anyway? Bet thats the nasty unfiltered stuff..... :rolleyes:

Bhoywonder May 9th 2005 4:02 pm

Re: Brita Water Filters
 

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Everything else does - even better idea, just have the filter and forget the lettuse - the filter is obviously less expensive :p

Haven't bought one here yet. Shipping company coming on Friday and wanted to see if it was worthwhile. Probably just buy it in Oz now.

Do you want me to continue waffling about water filters?

moneypenny20 May 9th 2005 4:04 pm

Re: Brita Water Filters
 

Originally Posted by Bhoywonder
Haven't bought one here yet. Shipping company coming on Friday and wanted to see if it was worthwhile. Probably just buy it in Oz now.

Do you want me to continue waffling about water filters?

Why not, it a very quiet Monday afternoon after all ;)

Bhoywonder May 9th 2005 4:05 pm

Re: Brita Water Filters
 

Originally Posted by Bhoywonder
Haven't bought one here yet. Shipping company coming on Friday and wanted to see if it was worthwhile. Probably just buy it in Oz now.

Do you want me to continue waffling about water filters?

I prefer the bottled stuff but don't think we are going to be able to get Evian in Oz ( cheap ) so looking at other options. Filtered water & lettuce is a good place to start.

Do you think the water in a melon has been through a filter or should we filter a melon before consuming????? :rolleyes:

Pollyana May 9th 2005 4:05 pm

Re: Brita Water Filters
 

Originally Posted by Bhoywonder
Haven't bought one here yet. Shipping company coming on Friday and wanted to see if it was worthwhile. Probably just buy it in Oz now.

Do you want me to continue waffling about water filters?

there have been PAGES of waffle on here about worse things.....like lettuce....... ;)


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:47 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.