Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brit shop near Brisbane

Brit shop near Brisbane

Old Nov 7th 2003, 1:32 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice
Default Brit shop near Brisbane

Hey guys.

Was told yesterday about this shop near Brisbane (down the freeway towards Gold Coast) that sells British Foods - including Marmite!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.highlandflingproducts.com...edproducts.htm

It's more aimed towards Scotland, but still..................

It's called Syds Pie Factory
Old Nov 7th 2003, 1:41 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, and we've just had the Paxo flown over for Christmas! There's a small sweet shop in the Myer Centre which has some limited supplies, including Yorskshire Tea, Marmite and even Blackpool Rock
Old Nov 7th 2003, 1:45 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Brit shop near Brisbane

Originally posted by brisnick
Hey guys.

Was told yesterday about this shop near Brisbane (down the freeway towards Gold Coast) that sells British Foods - including Marmite!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.highlandflingproducts.com...edproducts.htm

It's more aimed towards Scotland, but still..................

It's called Syds Pie Factory
My advice .. phone them before you go there, or go early.. I've been down there twice before their advertised closing times.. both times it was closed, what a way to run a business! I'm not even going to bother trying again, if they run their business that way.. I have no patience with bad business practices.

Thread here http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...5&pagenumber=2

there's also an online shop here in Aus that you can order British food that I posted in the above thread

cheers

P.S disclaimer for legal reasons .. this is just my PERSONAL experience and beliefs about the matter on the shop.

Last edited by Ceri; Nov 7th 2003 at 1:53 am.
Old Nov 7th 2003, 2:47 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

where abouts?

Originally posted by jayr
Damn, and we've just had the Paxo flown over for Christmas! There's a small sweet shop in the Myer Centre which has some limited supplies, including Yorskshire Tea, Marmite and even Blackpool Rock
Old Nov 7th 2003, 3:15 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

And would you believe theres a idiot sitting here who has just done a dance of joy in K-Mart at discovering PROPER Christmas pud, Brandy butter, and FRUIT Christmas cake! All I need now are mince pies.
Let the rest of the family have mud cake and gooey stuff, Christmas isn't Christmas without an alcohol-soaked fruitcake!!!! (actually I think I might be describing myself there....!!!)
Old Nov 7th 2003, 3:26 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
And would you believe theres a idiot sitting here who has just done a dance of joy in K-Mart at discovering PROPER Christmas pud, Brandy butter, and FRUIT Christmas cake! All I need now are mince pies.
Let the rest of the family have mud cake and gooey stuff, Christmas isn't Christmas without an alcohol-soaked fruitcake!!!! (actually I think I might be describing myself there....!!!)
Polly, why on earth would you think that you couldnt get those here? Fruit mince pies will be everywhere in a week or 2, even ones like Mr Kiplings which Donna informed me the other day are an English brand! Didnt know that! You will be able to buy them in the supermarkets, the variety stores like Kmart & BigW & the $2 shops & even the local bakeries usually make them. Dont worry, you wont miss out!

I know that some people choose mud cake over fruit cake for a wedding cake & things like that ... but I have never heard of anyone having it instead of proper xmas cake. Maybe the blokes family is just weird? (Dont let him see that I said that LOL).

As for xmas pudding & stuff, ditto, heaps of it around, we usually make our own brandy butter ... & make sure that there enough so that we are still eating it well into Jan & Feb . Xmas puddings are never as nice as the home made ones - last year Dagboy made a Xmas pudding for our family get together .... they were all so impressed that hes been delegated the job again this year LOL.
Old Nov 7th 2003, 3:53 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Shows how much notice my Bloke takes of the shops! I shall give up asking him what I can buy here, and just ask the forum instead!! trifle for Christmas just isn't my thing I'm afraid!
Does Dagboy take commissions for his puddings??