Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brit shop closed

Brit shop closed

Old Aug 21st 2007, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

Cuddles is on a distinguished road
Default Brit shop closed

Hi does anyone on the Gold Coast have any ideas why the British shop in Robina has shut or if they have relocated somewhere?

I have heard there is a sweet shop in Sanctuary cove I think that sells some bits any ideas anyone?

Unfortunately Im desperate for some Picalllili.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Stella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to all
Default Re: Brit shop closed

Don't know sorry!
Can't you make some? http://aww.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=46493
or buy online? http://www.ausfood.com.au/catalog/pr...cc26091105a62a
how bad is your picallili craving?
Old Aug 21st 2007, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

emmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Cuddles View Post
Hi does anyone on the Gold Coast have any ideas why the British shop in Robina has shut or if they have relocated somewhere?

I have heard there is a sweet shop in Sanctuary cove I think that sells some bits any ideas anyone?

I heard that they weren't doing so well Maybe theres not enough poms!

Last edited by emmyjc1; Aug 21st 2007 at 7:25 am.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

auspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud of

Have you tried Coles supermarkets for the piccalilli, they have a special section for overseas products, and I have bought it there in the past, Try one of the larger stores for the best success
Old Aug 21st 2007, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Stella340 View Post
Don't know sorry!
Can't you make some? http://aww.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=46493
or buy online? http://www.ausfood.com.au/catalog/pr...cc26091105a62a
how bad is your picallili craving?
Thanks for that. The craving isnt too bad but I do love a Sausage roll or a nice fresh lamb roll with it in. I have tried the ones from here but find they are too mustardy as opposed to picalli if that makes any sense ha
Old Aug 21st 2007, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by emmyjc1 View Post
I heard that they weren't doing so well Maybe theres not enough poms!
Thought that might be the case. They did have another one nearer Brisbane so not sure if that one has also closed.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by auspal View Post
Have you tried Coles supermarkets for the piccalilli, they have a special section for overseas products, and I have bought it there in the past, Try one of the larger stores for the best success
I do pop into our locals Coles every so often but have never seen it in the Upper Coomera one. Which one do you visit?
Old Aug 21st 2007, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

drivetrain is an unknown quantity at this point

I think she retired, I read on this site that she had owned the shop for quite a while! Like the others have said, coles is great for international foods. Good luck with the search!
Old Aug 21st 2007, 9:28 am
Fronting the Parole Board

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by drivetrain View Post
I think she retired, I read on this site that she had owned the shop for quite a while! Like the others have said, coles is great for international foods. Good luck with the search!
www.treatsfromhome.com.au/ is pretty good too
Old Aug 21st 2007, 9:33 am
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

I heard that the people who ran the Robina shop were going to sell stuff at Carrara Market.
Not sure how true that is but maybe someone will see them there and let us know.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 9:43 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

The rent on the shop in Robina was extortionate compared to the amount she took. Last I heard she was thinking about having a stall at Carrara Market but don't know if she has yet. She has another shop up towards Brissie. I'll do a search and find it for you but you can get loads of stuff in Coles. In our store it's next to the organic and baby stuff. Never been down that aisle until a week or so ago and bumped into HP sauce and stuff. Walked past quickly Hubby likes the mustard pickles just as much as he liked Piccalli so not bothered and I don't like Piccalli I used to make it and it wasn't hard, but don't have the recipe now.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 9:46 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

The rent on the shop in Robina was extortionate compared to the amount she took. Last I heard she was thinking about having a stall at Carrara Market but don't know if she has yet. She has another shop up towards Brissie. I'll do a search and find it for you but you can get loads of stuff in Coles. In our store it's next to the organic and baby stuff. Never been down that aisle until a week or so ago and bumped into HP sauce and stuff. Walked past quickly Hubby likes the mustard pickles just as much as he liked Piccalli so not bothered and I don't like Piccalli I used to make it and it wasn't hard, but don't have the recipe now.

Edit: Here's the thread that mentions the shop up at Logan area.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...45#post4139245
Old Aug 21st 2007, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice

Hi
You will find all you need here www.highlandflingproducts.com/ just up the road from you

Billy
Old Aug 21st 2007, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by billy0911 View Post
Hi
You will find all you need here www.highlandflingproducts.com/ just up the road from you

Billy
Thanks Billy I might just pop up there tomorrow.

Old Aug 22nd 2007, 9:38 am
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by billy0911 View Post
Hi

Billy
Cheers for that Billy,i might have a wee drive up on Friday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.