Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brit hairdressers are the best!!

Brit hairdressers are the best!!

Old Oct 27th 2004, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

capacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to all
Talking Re: Brit hairdressers are the best!!

Originally Posted by tinaj
This is my 4th trip to the hairdressers over here and at last I have a funky, modern new cut (and for only $19.95 as well). The reason? A lovely lass from Notts cut it. Thank God for the WHV is all I can say, I was beginning to wonder if any Aussie hairdresser knew how to do razoring or feathering - blokes switch off as you have not got a clue what this means I also splashed out and got a few foils done and got great service as well.

My only worry is that she only has a temporary visa, though she aims to stay on for another 4 years what will I do if she goes?

Well I have to disagree - sorry!! but have had my hair done a few times in the UK whilst I have been travelling and to tell you the truth could have done it better myself and it was expensive! I have to say my sister in Zim does a fantastic job - I go to her salon at least twice a week - and of course am the guinnea pig for foil, colours etc. and always get comments on my hair cut or colour - always changing - life is too short I say. Oh by the way she is coming in December to activate her visa - will let you know when her mobile salon is up and running will have to teach hubby to foil whilst I wait
Old Oct 27th 2004, 7:52 am
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice
Default Re: Brit hairdressers are the best!!

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
I hope she stays for your sake! The hairdressers in Oz seem to be pretty transient folk. I used to go to Toni&Guy in SOuth Yarra (melbourne). The first (Aussie) girl who did my highlights had gone off to Europe the second time I went in. So I had another Aussie girl do them. When I went back again, she too had disappeared off to Europe for a couple of years. The third girl who did them was Irish on a temp visa. The guy who cut my hair in there was English, on a temp visa. Let's hope your hairdresser gets a visa extension!

Mandrew works at Tony & Guy in Yarra, he cut Bordys wifes hair a few weeks back and it looked nice, he used to work in London so could try pm,ing him for a cut.....
Old Oct 27th 2004, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys im a hairdresser myself and im coming over to brisbane next year,i find it strange how people think that its just ozzy hairdressers that arnt any good i get plenty of clients come to me complaining about previous hairdressers that theyve been to here in the uk,i think nobody can please everybody,its just a case of finding a hairdresser that suits you,i think the biggest problem people say to me is that hairdressers dont listen to what they want,and i agree that some hairdressers dont but on the other hand some people dont explain what they want properly, and give that hairdresser completely the wrong ideas.In my experience it takes time for you to get used to the hairdresser and it takes time for the hairdresser to get used to what the client wants,its doesnt always happen straight away,and if the client is not happy with the way the hairdresser has done the hair far better to say so, and what you think is wrong with it and give the hairdresser chance to change it than go out of the salon and complain to everyone else,this only makes the client and the stylist unhappy.Im sure that ozzy hairdressers cant have trained much different to those of us in the uk,obviously if youve had a hairdresser in the uk for many years its going to take time to get used to someone knew,its like everything no two people to things in the same way.

thats my view of the day,tracey.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

philj6969 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
I am a hairdresser and will hopefully be in Queensland by August. So if anyone is settling probably in Mahloolah or surrounding area I would be glad of the business aswell as a little bit of English company-no offence to you ozzys but the amount of stress we put ourselves through to get to your country is unreal. Anyway, I have a business premises in mind that will be empty from Dec which gives me a few months over there before I have to crack on with the hard work.
You could always phone round hair salons too see if they have an English hairdresser working there, it doesn't matter if you feel daft doing this as no one will know who you are and if a salon does have a pomme they will be grateful for the custom. Not biased or anything but us english hairdressers are definately better ]

I will be in Woodford from the start of December, if you dont do home visits you will have to let us know where to find you!

Phil & wife & three kids, all growing hair fast

edit: just noticed we will have to wait till August, bring your garden shears!
Old Oct 27th 2004, 9:37 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Brit hairdressers are the best!!

When I get over in August I may do home visits til my salon is ready in December, presuming the shop I know about doesn't move their leaving date or change their mind-that would be a disaster for me!!! Postings will appear on here once I'm sorted so watch this space.