Reload this Page >

Brit Couple for Catch up in Brisbane

Brit Couple for Catch up in Brisbane

Old Dec 1st 2007, 7:25 am
Just Joined

air_man is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brit Couple for Catch up in Brisbane

Hi

This isn't normally something I would do but I thought it's worth giving a go.
I am Australian and my wife is British. We have both settled here at the start of the year and both work full time. Because of our work we have had very little time to meet new people. We're quite sociable people, love having friends over for dinner and drinks. We're not really the partying type but just enjoy great conversation and good laughs. We're also incredibly unfit and wouldn't mind catching up with a couple for a bit of sport during the week (think tennis or badminton if your really unfit!).

So if your up for a catch up with a few under 30's for a good laugh and conversation then I would love to hear from you.

Thanks

Heaps

Daniel
Old Dec 1st 2007, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

the big IP is just really nicethe big IP is just really nicethe big IP is just really nicethe big IP is just really nicethe big IP is just really nicethe big IP is just really nicethe big IP is just really nicethe big IP is just really nice
Default Re: Brit Couple for Catch up in Brisbane

well we live in Cleveland on the bayside, and it has excellent tennis courts, if thats any help
plus i am english and the other half is aussie
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 8:08 am
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by air_man
Hi

I am Australian and my wife is British. We have both settled here at the start of the year and both work full time. Because of our work we have had very little time to meet new people. We're quite sociable people, love having friends over for dinner and drinks. We're not really the partying type but just enjoy great conversation and good laughs. We're also incredibly unfit and wouldn't mind catching up with a couple for a bit of sport during the week (think tennis or badminton if your really unfit!).

So if your up for a catch up with a few under 30's for a good laugh and conversation then I would love to hear from you.

Thanks

Heaps

Daniel

Hi Daniel, where are you living? We are in shailer park south brisbane, both English just under and just over 30! Give us a shout mate, Pete
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 8:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks

Heaps

Daniel
We tend to visit the city sociably most weekends if ya can handle two grumpy over 40s And i definitely qualify for being incredibly unfit
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

air_man is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pete jackson
Hi Daniel, where are you living? We are in shailer park south brisbane, both English just under and just over 30! Give us a shout mate, Pete

We live in the Moorooka area. Bought a place here last year and are in the process of renovating...which I'm regretting on a daily basis

My wife is from Norwich and I am originally from Melbourne and we've both ended up in Brisbane cause of work. Reall enjoy everything Brissy has to offer, but really miss the English pubs!
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 9:21 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Pig and Whistle does a good impression of the pub. Also the BBC meets there regulary I believe.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Dec 4th 2007, 7:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

We live in the Moorooka area. Bought a place here last year and are in the process of renovating...which I'm regretting on a daily basis

My wife is from Norwich and I am originally from Melbourne and we've both ended up in Brisbane cause of work. Reall enjoy everything Brissy has to offer, but really miss the English pubs!
If you cant find an english one there's always 3 irish bars !Gilhooleys,O'malleys and Irish Murphys (all 3 come highly recommended from experience i may add !)If these arent busy enough for ya then there's also the Bermuda triangle of The Victory.Embassy and Union jacks where people have been seen entering but never seen again that night due to the congestion !
Old Dec 16th 2007, 11:18 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Daniel

Have you organised any catch ups?

We're in our 30s, live in New Farm, work in the CBD. Always up for a drink

chels
Old Dec 17th 2007, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

troj has a brilliant futuretroj has a brilliant futuretroj has a brilliant futuretroj has a brilliant futuretroj has a brilliant futuretroj has a brilliant future

Hi

Thanks

Heaps

Daniel
Hi all!

We have a similar problem! We are mid/late twenties, living in the Redlands, looking to get out and about a bit more, but don't have as much time as we'd like!

We're not real party animals (anymore!), but love going out for dinner and a few drinks.

Would be good to get a few people together to share some stories/experiences!

Paul & Louise.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 3:31 am
Enjoying the good life!

SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of

We're in our 30's...a bit 'past it!' but are up for meeting up for a social drink on the weekend in the City....let us know if anyting is arranged...
Old Jan 6th 2008, 3:43 am
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by troj
Hi all!

We have a similar problem! We are mid/late twenties, living in the Redlands, looking to get out and about a bit more, but don't have as much time as we'd like!

We're not real party animals (anymore!), but love going out for dinner and a few drinks.

Would be good to get a few people together to share some stories/experiences!

Paul & Louise.
Hey paul and Louise, we live not too far away, Shailer park right next to the hyperdome, we are also abit more of "nice meal and a few bottles of wine" people, so if you want to meet for dinner sometime just give us a bell, How long have you been in Brisbane? Pete
Old Jan 6th 2008, 6:32 am
Just Joined

pblackuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dan,
The wife (an Aussie) and I (English) live at Kallangur near North Lakes which has been renamed Little Britain as there are so many of us here...

Keen to meet up, we aren't too fit but go on long walks, camp and regular beach trips. We do like a beer and often grab a quick beer in the City.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 1:25 am
Enjoying the good life!

SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of

Sounds good...we're up for drinks, dinner, coffee-anyone brave enough to set a date/venue?
Old Jan 7th 2008, 1:28 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pblackuk
Hi Dan,
The wife (an Aussie) and I (English) live at Kallangur near North Lakes which has been renamed Little Britain as there are so many of us here...

Keen to meet up, we aren't too fit but go on long walks, camp and regular beach trips. We do like a beer and often grab a quick beer in the City.
Kallangur isn't Little Britain, that title belongs solely to N/L. Where in Kallangur are you - we're very close to there
Old Jan 7th 2008, 1:29 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
We tend to visit the city sociably most weekends
Bobby wins the award for the biggest undertatement of the year so far

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.