Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brissy to Sydney....how long by car?

Brissy to Sydney....how long by car?

Old Sep 26th 2007, 1:31 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Brissy to Sydney....how long by car?

Flying over to Brisbane at Xmas. We want to go to Sydney too for New Year. How long a drive is it to Sydney from Brisbane?

Do you think it will be cheaper to fly there?
Old Sep 26th 2007, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brissy to Sydney....how long by car?

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Flying over to Brisbane at Xmas. We want to go to Sydney too for New Year. How long a drive is it to Sydney from Brisbane?

Hi, its roughly about 900kms, so driving straight through probably about 10 hours or so, but a lot of people would have at least 1 nights stop.

Christmas, obviously being the height of the season, airfares are going to be quite expsenive, however just did a quick check with Virgin between xmas and new year, and they are doing flights for about $300 return and Jetstar were about the same.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 1:57 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Take a few days to drive it and stop at places along the way, there are bound to be some nice stop offs.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g2...ute.Drive.html
Old Sep 26th 2007, 1:59 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by sassie
Hi, its roughly about 900kms, so driving straight through probably about 10 hours or so, but a lot of people would have at least 1 nights stop.

Christmas, obviously being the height of the season, airfares are going to be quite expsenive, however just did a quick check with Virgin between xmas and new year, and they are doing flights for about $300 return and Jetstar were about the same.
Thanks for that. I am having a look around for different prices. I think i can stomach 10hrs drive not sure if the kids can
Old Sep 26th 2007, 2:01 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by northernbird
Take a few days to drive it and stop at places along the way, there are bound to be some nice stop offs.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g2...ute.Drive.html
Very useful, thanks
Old Sep 26th 2007, 2:05 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that. I am having a look around for different prices. I think i can stomach 10hrs drive not sure if the kids can
invest in a portable dvd player for in the car, we have one with 2 screens and it is small enough to put in your suitcase. We had 12 hours to Coral Bay this past year with no arguments.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 2:45 am
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

We did it in 10 days but that incl a lot of stopping on the way. Stops I recommend are Newcastle, Mackay, Noosa and Bunduburg (check out the new visiters centre its fab)
Old Sep 26th 2007, 2:56 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat
We did it in 10 days but that incl a lot of stopping on the way. Stops I recommend are Newcastle, Mackay, Noosa and Bunduburg (check out the new visiters centre its fab)
Did you fly to Brisbane from Perth? How much did it cost and where did you book?
Old Sep 26th 2007, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Mackay, Noosa and Bundaberg are all north of Brisbane. H'es heading south to Sydney.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 3:18 am
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Did you fly to Brisbane from Perth? How much did it cost and where did you book?
Can't give that info we did 5 years ago while on an Australian grand tour. We drove from Port Duglas to Sydney in that 10 days, I think that the Brissy to Sydeny bit was only about 4 days.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 4:54 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

It depends on what the time is worth? Is it worth taking a day out of your holiday to save the airfare ?

Old Sep 26th 2007, 5:06 am
I'm watching YOU...

Originally Posted by sassie
Mackay, Noosa and Bundaberg are all north of Brisbane. H'es heading south to Sydney.
knew there was a good reason I dont give directions
Old Sep 26th 2007, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

chris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud of

Hi,

I just done the trip from brisbane to sydney last week.

I left at 10:30 in the morning and i got to newcastle by 6oclock, there was only 100 miles left to sydney but i'd had a heavy night before and was knackered. The drives easy enough but i did have a kangroo jump out infront of the car at dusk, this was also a factor in me stopping of at newcastle.

Id f you leave a 8oclock you'll do it no prob's, it's around 550 miles.

Chris
Old Sep 26th 2007, 10:03 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by chris96
Hi,

I just done the trip from brisbane to sydney last week.

I left at 10:30 in the morning and i got to newcastle by 6oclock, there was only 100 miles left to sydney but i'd had a heavy night before and was knackered. The drives easy enough but i did have a kangroo jump out infront of the car at dusk, this was also a factor in me stopping of at newcastle.

Id f you leave a 8oclock you'll do it no prob's, it's around 550 miles.

Chris
Thanks Chris.
Just debating whether to do the drive or get an internal flight. or not bother at all and stay at the GC abit longer instead.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 10:47 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

knew there was a good reason I dont give directions
I'm gonna make sure we aren't behind your car when we go to Guilderton - we could end up in Broome

My OH is crap with directions - we'll leave you and him together and see where you end up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.