Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brissy Meet Up - Carindale...Belmont...etc

Brissy Meet Up - Carindale...Belmont...etc

Old Nov 17th 2006, 1:50 am
Senior Stella Member

Plug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nice
Default Brissy Meet Up - Carindale...Belmont...etc

Hi Folks,

I'm just sounding out the possibility of a meet up in the Carindale/Belmont area. My wife and I arrived in Brisbane in October of last year from the UK (just North of London) and would be interested in meeting up with newly arrived/established folk alike. We have two boys, 3 and 10 and a girl of 8.

I'll kick off by suggesting a Saturday afternoon meet up early December in one of the parks? Perhaps a few beers and a barbie.....
Old Nov 20th 2006, 12:55 am
Just Joined

rach_and_doc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brissy Meet Up - Carindale...Belmont...etc

Originally Posted by Plug
Hi Folks,

I'm just sounding out the possibility of a meet up in the Carindale/Belmont area. My wife and I arrived in Brisbane in October of last year from the UK (just North of London) and would be interested in meeting up with newly arrived/established folk alike. We have two boys, 3 and 10 and a girl of 8.

I'll kick off by suggesting a Saturday afternoon meet up early December in one of the parks? Perhaps a few beers and a barbie.....

we are up for a meet, although carindale is a bit far for us.. we are in ferny grove... we have 4 kids, 15,13,10 and girl of 8...can get to nearly anywhere, although driving will limit the intake lol... although there is a train station nearby

rach xx
Old Nov 20th 2006, 2:00 am
Senior Stella Member

Plug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nice

Originally Posted by rach_and_doc
we are up for a meet, although carindale is a bit far for us.. we are in ferny grove... we have 4 kids, 15,13,10 and girl of 8...can get to nearly anywhere, although driving will limit the intake lol... although there is a train station nearby

rach xx
Hey Rach,

Good to hear from you, I'll give it some time to see if there are any others interested before we set a date and place etc....., look forward to meeting you.
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of

We would be up for a meet if you manage to pick a date that the kids haven't already pre-booked! We have 2 girls 16 and 6 and 2 boys 9 and 4 and live in Manly so Carindale is not far for us.
Old Nov 24th 2006, 4:04 am
Senior Stella Member

How does 9th December arvo fit with everyone?
Old Nov 24th 2006, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

Bubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura about

Hi

put us down for the 9th provisionally.

Tracy and Mark
Old Nov 28th 2006, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of

Arvo will be ok with us!
Old Dec 14th 2006, 4:37 pm
Caroline

Caroline B is on a distinguished road

Hi Folks,

oooh, can we come to the next one please? don't land till 7th Jan - me, hubby and two girls 9 and 12. Will be living quite nr Carindale (Greenslopes)
Cheers
Caroline
Old Dec 18th 2006, 9:55 pm
Senior Stella Member

Originally Posted by Caroline B
oooh, can we come to the next one please? don't land till 7th Jan - me, hubby and two girls 9 and 12. Will be living quite nr Carindale (Greenslopes)
Cheers
Caroline
Hi Caroline,

I'm going to post a new meet for Brisbane Southside for late January. Have a good trip!
Old Dec 19th 2006, 7:09 pm
Caroline

Hi Caroline,

I'm going to post a new meet for Brisbane Southside for late January. Have a good trip!
I shall look forward to it!
Old Jan 13th 2007, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

tasha is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

My husband and I emigrated from Uk in 2002. we have 4 GIRLS.... ages 11, 8, 5 and 5 months.

We have just bought a business on the south side of Brisbane... ITs presently called 'Wriggle It'. Its a Giant indoor childrens play and party centre and cafe situated on Kingston Road, Logan Central, so its easy access from the pacific highway or logan motorway.

We were thinking of having an expats get together at the business for all expats who have children who would like to come and meet other expats grab a coffee and chat whilst the kids play on the giant play frame, bouncy castle and many other toys....

We take over the business on the 29th January and would love to know your thoughts....

Obviously a discount would be offered for anyone presenting a copy of a thread from this site on entering the centre. Let me know your thoughts on what days, dates would be good for you.
Old Jan 14th 2007, 11:11 pm
Caroline

Have been here a week
Would love to come bouncing - can grown ups go on the castles?
Have two girls - 9 and 12 who would be very keen.
Can only meet weekends after 22nd 'cos I'm starting work :scared:
Cheers
Caroline
Old Jan 15th 2007, 12:23 am
Just Joined

Hi,

Its been mentioned that the first Sunday of every month will be a big meet up at Wriggle It (to be, The Wacky Warehouse) at about 3pm but obviously people can come earlier if they want to.

Im afraid the bouncy castle although big is only for the kids! but im sure the kids will have a fantastic time.

Will be great to have you there.

tasha
Old Jan 16th 2007, 4:21 pm
life's good

allison is a jewel in the roughallison is a jewel in the roughallison is a jewel in the roughallison is a jewel in the rough

Sounds great. I have a 2yr old and am due to emigrate to Brissie next month. My daughter loves indoor play centres etc. Look forward to coming!
Old Jan 16th 2007, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

Hi

we look forward to welcoming you to Brissy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.