Reload this Page >

Brisbannittes February Meet-up - Redcliffe

Brisbannittes February Meet-up - Redcliffe

Old Feb 18th 2011, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

Smackey is on a distinguished road
Default Brisbannittes February Meet-up - Redcliffe

Hi there,

Just a reminder to everyone that the February Meet-up is on 26 Feb 2011, starting at 11am.

The venue is Suttons Beach, Redcliffe. We'll set up a gazebo near the BBQ area so that we're pretty central for food, the play park and lagoon won't be too far away so remember to bring your swimwear if the weather plays nice and also just bring a couple of chairs if you want a seat (as there are usually too many of us to snag a table, but we may be lucky this time!) and enough food/drink for yourselves but there is a fish and chip shop near by if that is your preference. A small warning that parking is not always easily available so it may be best to try and get there early to avoid the masses as it is a very popular spot.

If you need any more info, directions etc then just PM me and I will try to help. If you've been before then you should be able to spot us fairly easily, if not then just listen out for the English accents or a tell tale Tesco shopping bag! I'll try to remember to take ours.

We've also got a facebook group called 'Brisbannittes' so please feel free to pop on there and say hi or see what other events are happening near you. Hope to see you there.

Sharon
x
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 10:49 am
Just Joined

Smackey is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Brisbannittes February Meet-up - KALINGA PARK, CLAYFIELD

Originally Posted by Smackey
Hi there,

Just a reminder to everyone that the February Meet-up is on 26 Feb 2011, starting at 11am.

The venue is Suttons Beach, Redcliffe. We'll set up a gazebo near the BBQ area so that we're pretty central for food, the play park and lagoon won't be too far away so remember to bring your swimwear if the weather plays nice and also just bring a couple of chairs if you want a seat (as there are usually too many of us to snag a table, but we may be lucky this time!) and enough food/drink for yourselves but there is a fish and chip shop near by if that is your preference. A small warning that parking is not always easily available so it may be best to try and get there early to avoid the masses as it is a very popular spot.

If you need any more info, directions etc then just PM me and I will try to help. If you've been before then you should be able to spot us fairly easily, if not then just listen out for the English accents or a tell tale Tesco shopping bag! I'll try to remember to take ours.

We've also got a facebook group called 'Brisbannittes' so please feel free to pop on there and say hi or see what other events are happening near you. Hope to see you there.

Sharon
x
Because Suttons Beach is closed we have done a last minute change of venue. We are moving it to Kalinga Park and suggest that we set up a gazebo on a grassy area near the BBQ's, once you get there you should be able to find us fairly easily, give us a call or send us a facebook message if you can't find us.

The following is taken from OurBrisbane.com

Kalinga Park
This park is brilliant! There’s a huge sandpit, a series of Aussie tree houses, a climbing wall and fun with sounds. On weekends and after school it is buzzing with children climbing, sliding and having lots of fun.
The large flat area beside the playground is perfect for parents to sit down and set up a picnic, plus there are leaf shaped tables, a few shelters and free electric barbeque facilities.
Kalinga Park also has a kid-size practice bikeway, a creek complete with ducks and a nearby dog off-leash area. If you live nearby, ride your bikes along the bike path that stretches from Toombul shopping centre to Grange and beyond.