Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane, Where do all the builders drink?

Brisbane, Where do all the builders drink?

Old Dec 29th 2007, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

paddytd will become famous soon enoughpaddytd will become famous soon enough
Question Brisbane, Where do all the builders drink?

Coming to Brisbane for a month. To see my beautiful Grandson, my beautiful Daughter in law and not so beautiful son. Still no sure if i`ve forgiven him yet for tacking my gorgeous Grandson the other side of the world . Now being a builder I must indulge in in my daily ritual of going down the boozer, and sinking a couple of beers. (no yuppie bars):curse: Just a nice steady watering hole, Cleveland way. Prepared to travel for a nice Ozzie bar.
PS
Aldo if your about, you up for a beer mate? If that was a picture of you by that old pick up and not a lenght of 3x2 you could do with a little belly

Paddytd on tour 2008
Old Dec 29th 2007, 9:59 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane, Where do all the builders drink?

Originally Posted by paddytd
Coming to Brisbane for a month. To see my beautiful Grandson, my beautiful Daughter in law and not so beautiful son. Still no sure if i`ve forgiven him yet for tacking my gorgeous Grandson the other side of the world . Now being a builder I must indulge in in my daily ritual of going down the boozer, and sinking a couple of beers. (no yuppie bars):curse: Just a nice steady watering hole, Cleveland way. Prepared to travel for a nice Ozzie bar.
PS
Aldo if your about, you up for a beer mate? If that was a picture of you by that old pick up and not a lenght of 3x2 you could do with a little belly

Paddytd on tour 2008
The Wickham Hotel?
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:09 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Bloke
The Wickham Hotel?
FPMSL!!!!

I was wolf whistled at by a bloke whilst walking past there the other day!

'kin horrified I was!!
Old Dec 30th 2007, 12:10 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
FPMSL!!!!

'kin horrified I was!!
My (male) mate and I went there for my hen night. We were joined by some luverly "ladies" who wanted to come to the wedding, but I though it might induce heart failure among the Bloke's family and respectable friends
Old Dec 30th 2007, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

muffinoz has a brilliant futuremuffinoz has a brilliant futuremuffinoz has a brilliant futuremuffinoz has a brilliant futuremuffinoz has a brilliant futuremuffinoz has a brilliant futuremuffinoz has a brilliant future

Down Cleveland way ... I have strayed into the Sands in Cleveland, the Grand View towards Cleveland Point, the Wello in Wellington Point, and the hotel in Manly that I can't remember the name of ... they should all fit the bill for you ..

Also remember as a visitor you can become a temporary member of any of the RSL clubs ... that's equivalent to the Legions in the UK but better ... the Cleveland RSL is pretty good, cheapish beer and reasonable food

Cheers ... David

PS Wouldn't recommend the Wickham unless you're into "bum fun" ... my 21 year old son and I stumbled in there in a rainy day in August before the rugby ... oh dear
Old Dec 30th 2007, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

LoveAlab will become famous soon enoughLoveAlab will become famous soon enough

Our builder and plumber drink in the Grand View Hotel, down towards Cleveland Point.
Old Dec 30th 2007, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by LoveAlab
Our builder and plumber drink in the Grand View Hotel, down towards Cleveland Point.
Can vouch for the 'Grand View'! A good beer and strangely enough............a grand view!
Old Dec 30th 2007, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
FPMSL!!!!

'kin horrified I was!!
How rude whistling at a good looking lady walking down the street.

If you pass there next week and a lobstered coloured bloke whistles you. Dont take offense. Non meant.
Old Dec 30th 2007, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by muffinoz
Down Cleveland way ... I have strayed into the Sands in Cleveland, the Grand View towards Cleveland Point, the Wello in Wellington Point, and the hotel in Manly that I can't remember the name of ... they should all fit the bill for you ..

Also remember as a visitor you can become a temporary member of any of the RSL clubs ... that's equivalent to the Legions in the UK but better ... the Cleveland RSL is pretty good, cheapish beer and reasonable food

Cheers ... David

PS Wouldn't recommend the Wickham unless you're into "bum fun" ... my 21 year old son and I stumbled in there in a rainy day in August before the rugby ... oh dear
Thanks mate
Old Dec 30th 2007, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

If you pass there next week and a lobstered coloured bloke whistles you. Dont take offense. Non meant.
it's a gay bar
Old Dec 30th 2007, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

Lucky for me Muffinoz had already let me know. I think the ladies were having some fun
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 9:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

PS

Paddytd on tour 2008
I'm not a builder but can vouch for The sands,Grand view,Rsl club,Icon bar,Finnegans chin & the local bottle shop! (not that i do much drinking mind)Haven't been in the Bowls club (mmmm!why not i ask myself am i turning gay or summit god it's a drinking establishment) but the next door neighbour swears by it (and he plays bowls !!)
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
not that i do much drinking mind)

Pfffffffffffffftttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Jan 2nd 2008, 1:05 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

FLUFFY IS A GEEZA !
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 1:29 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
(not that i do much drinking mind)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.