British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Brisbane, Where do all the builders drink? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/brisbane-where-do-all-builders-drink-502260/)

paddytd Dec 29th 2007 7:58 pm

Brisbane, Where do all the builders drink?

Coming to Brisbane for a month. To see my beautiful Grandson, my beautiful Daughter in law and not so beautiful son.;) Still no sure if i`ve forgiven him yet for tacking my gorgeous Grandson the other side of the world .:unsure: Now being a builder I must indulge in in my daily ritual of going down the boozer, and sinking a couple of beers. (no yuppie bars):curse: Just a nice steady watering hole, Cleveland way. Prepared to travel for a nice Ozzie bar.:thumbsup:
PS
Aldo if your about, you up for a beer mate? If that was a picture of you by that old pick up and not a lenght of 3x2 you could do with a little belly:eek:

Paddytd on tour 2008:thumbsup:

The Bloke Dec 29th 2007 9:59 pm

Re: Brisbane, Where do all the builders drink?

Originally Posted by paddytd (Post 5716838)
Coming to Brisbane for a month. To see my beautiful Grandson, my beautiful Daughter in law and not so beautiful son.;) Still no sure if i`ve forgiven him yet for tacking my gorgeous Grandson the other side of the world .:unsure: Now being a builder I must indulge in in my daily ritual of going down the boozer, and sinking a couple of beers. (no yuppie bars):curse: Just a nice steady watering hole, Cleveland way. Prepared to travel for a nice Ozzie bar.:thumbsup:
PS
Aldo if your about, you up for a beer mate? If that was a picture of you by that old pick up and not a lenght of 3x2 you could do with a little belly:eek:

The Wickham Hotel?:D

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer Dec 29th 2007 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by The Bloke (Post 5717132)
The Wickham Hotel?:D

FPMSL!!!!

I was wolf whistled at by a bloke whilst walking past there the other day!

'kin horrified I was!! :eek::eek:

Pollyana Dec 30th 2007 12:10 am

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer (Post 5717185)
FPMSL!!!!

My (male) mate and I went there for my hen night. We were joined by some luverly "ladies" who wanted to come to the wedding, but I though it might induce heart failure among the Bloke's family and respectable friends :D

muffinoz Dec 30th 2007 2:48 am

Down Cleveland way ... I have strayed into the Sands in Cleveland, the Grand View towards Cleveland Point, the Wello in Wellington Point, and the hotel in Manly that I can't remember the name of ... they should all fit the bill for you ..

Also remember as a visitor you can become a temporary member of any of the RSL clubs ... that's equivalent to the Legions in the UK but better ... the Cleveland RSL is pretty good, cheapish beer and reasonable food

Cheers ... David

PS Wouldn't recommend the Wickham unless you're into "bum fun" ... my 21 year old son and I stumbled in there in a rainy day in August before the rugby ... oh dear

LoveAlab Dec 30th 2007 3:01 am

Our builder and plumber drink in the Grand View Hotel, down towards Cleveland Point.

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer Dec 30th 2007 4:19 am

Originally Posted by LoveAlab (Post 5717986)
Our builder and plumber drink in the Grand View Hotel, down towards Cleveland Point.

Can vouch for the 'Grand View'! A good beer and strangely enough............a grand view! :thumbsup:

paddytd Dec 30th 2007 8:23 am

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer (Post 5717185)
FPMSL!!!!

How rude whistling at a good looking lady walking down the street.

If you pass there next week and a lobstered coloured bloke whistles you. Dont take offense. Non meant.
;)

paddytd Dec 30th 2007 8:34 am

Originally Posted by muffinoz (Post 5717951)
Down Cleveland way ... I have strayed into the Sands in Cleveland, the Grand View towards Cleveland Point, the Wello in Wellington Point, and the hotel in Manly that I can't remember the name of ... they should all fit the bill for you ..

Also remember as a visitor you can become a temporary member of any of the RSL clubs ... that's equivalent to the Legions in the UK but better ... the Cleveland RSL is pretty good, cheapish beer and reasonable food

Cheers ... David

PS Wouldn't recommend the Wickham unless you're into "bum fun" ... my 21 year old son and I stumbled in there in a rainy day in August before the rugby ... oh dear

Thanks mate:thumbup:

rabsody Dec 30th 2007 9:44 am

Originally Posted by paddytd (Post 5718762)

If you pass there next week and a lobstered coloured bloke whistles you. Dont take offense. Non meant.
;)

it's a gay bar ;)

paddytd Dec 30th 2007 10:07 am

Lucky for me Muffinoz had already let me know. I think the ladies were having some fun:D

bobbyftm Jan 2nd 2008 9:24 am

Originally Posted by paddytd (Post 5716838)
PS

I'm not a builder but can vouch for The sands,Grand view,Rsl club,Icon bar,Finnegans chin & the local bottle shop! (not that i do much drinking mind)Haven't been in the Bowls club (mmmm!why not i ask myself am i turning gay or summit god it's a drinking establishment) but the next door neighbour swears by it (and he plays bowls !!)

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer Jan 2nd 2008 11:39 am

Originally Posted by bobbyftm (Post 5728819)
not that i do much drinking mind)

Pfffffffffffffftttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p

Timber Floor Au Jan 2nd 2008 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by paddytd (Post 5718762)

;)

FLUFFY IS A GEEZA !

Pollyana Jan 2nd 2008 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by bobbyftm (Post 5728819)
(not that i do much drinking mind)

http://img116.exs.cx/img116/1231/z7shysterical.gif http://img116.exs.cx/img116/1231/z7shysterical.gif