Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

in brisbane what to do?

in brisbane what to do?

Old Dec 27th 2006, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default in brisbane what to do?

I have been in oz in 2004 and did the whole thing now i am in brisbane and have been here before and a few places around it but anyone can give me a list of all things that can be done or see while here as not been to that much in brisbane while i was here before,i only been here a week so lots of time yet but want to check out and see as much of this place as possible while here and wanted to know if anyone on here could recommend anything.
Old Dec 27th 2006, 11:09 pm
jan
classy clipper

jan will become famous soon enoughjan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: in brisbane what to do?

Originally Posted by brian.w
I have been in oz in 2004 and did the whole thing now i am in brisbane and have been here before and a few places around it but anyone can give me a list of all things that can be done or see while here as not been to that much in brisbane while i was here before,i only been here a week so lots of time yet but want to check out and see as much of this place as possible while here and wanted to know if anyone on here could recommend anything.
Yeah sure Brian we have shops here bookshops just like U.K. and if you check it out Believe it or not they will have a selection of guide books on where to go what to see Bundles of money has been spent on research i am sure they will be just what you want.example Lonely planet guide. Eyewitness.and others in fact if you had looked they even sell them back home bookshops,airports that kind of place you know the kind of place you look before you go away.Hope this helps! if not ask a policeman.
Old Dec 27th 2006, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of light

The information place in Queens Street very helpful, got 'Story Bridge' climb for hubby there.

Enjoy Brissy

T
Old Dec 28th 2006, 12:10 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

If you want to know whats going on at the moment, check out www.ourbrisbane.com for all the latest shows, exhibitions, etc.
Old Dec 28th 2006, 1:05 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brian.w
Bus trip to Aussie Zoo worth it, think it is still the more worth while of the animal parks overall. If you are sad and into plants Botanical Gardens next to Mount Cootah (not spelt correct and nothing else probably is either) OK if combined with the Mountain view point and we saw large wild python at the gardens. Surfers if you want total tourist hit. Sunshine Coast much preferred Noosa etc. . Did you say you had a car Montville and Malaney can both be done on same day. The koala place on the river in Brisbane they do boat tours to it.
Old Dec 28th 2006, 1:20 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by annqldau
Bus trip to Aussie Zoo worth it, think it is still the more worth while of the animal parks overall. If you are sad and into plants Botanical Gardens next to Mount Cootah (not spelt correct and nothing else probably is either) OK if combined with the Mountain view point and we saw large wild python at the gardens. Surfers if you want total tourist hit. Sunshine Coast much preferred Noosa etc. . Did you say you had a car Montville and Malaney can both be done on same day. The koala place on the river in Brisbane they do boat tours to it.
Nothing wrong with a bit of haughty-culture in my book (coming soon).

Anyway, when in Brisbane you must ... get down to Fortitude Valley and get hammered on Friday, spend a lazy Saturday on the City Cats pub-hopping with a group of mates then get yer butt up to The Glasshouse Mountains for some honest to goodness back-to-nature bush walking on Sunday.
Old Dec 28th 2006, 3:49 am
Just Joined

rach_and_doc is an unknown quantity at this point

Lone Pine?

Old Dec 28th 2006, 6:13 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rach_and_doc
Lone Pine?
That's the one.
Old Dec 28th 2006, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

That's the one.
steak and chips in the down under bar $7.00 with a free