Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane Weekend

Wikiposts

Brisbane Weekend

Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:05 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane Weekend

I am up for a threesome or more - as long as there is a Guinness somewhere in the mix.

I was seriously amazed when they called last orders at 9.37 pm - I came back to the table and told Polly but I must be wrong and they asked me the question same as last order???? Nope they kicked us out 20 mins later

Pollyanna did drink all the cider!!!

Chels - I avoided the sangria as it tends to make me do extremely daft things but that place is excellent. You need to go with a group so you can all order the tapas and share. I had the liver and it was to die for.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 11:49 pm
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandra
I am up for a threesome or more - as long as there is a Guinness somewhere in the mix.

I was seriously amazed when they called last orders at 9.37 pm - I came back to the table and told Polly but I must be wrong and they asked me the question same as last order???? Nope they kicked us out 20 mins later

Pollyanna did drink all the cider!!!

Chels - I avoided the sangria as it tends to make me do extremely daft things but that place is excellent. You need to go with a group so you can all order the tapas and share. I had the liver and it was to die for.
1. Yep, I would be up for a threesome (or more, indeed)
2. I was cruelly mocked for drinking cider the other day (by the lovely in-laws)
3. Where did you go to be kicked out at 9.37 pm?
4. LIVER??? Thank god no one ordered that when I was there! The sardines were good (tapas) and I shared a paella which was huge and tasty. Would also recommend having fish, very nicely done. But the sangria was the best bit

Drinks - soon - seems I will be working up in Kelvin Grove for a while from end of May which will limit my drinking opportunities. Then maybe Gympie for a while, god help me. Pass me the vodka now please
Old Apr 16th 2008, 11:12 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chels
1. Yep, I would be up for a threesome (or more, indeed)
2. I was cruelly mocked for drinking cider the other day (by the lovely in-laws)
3. Where did you go to be kicked out at 9.37 pm?
4. LIVER??? Thank god no one ordered that when I was there! The sardines were good (tapas) and I shared a paella which was huge and tasty. Would also recommend having fish, very nicely done. But the sangria was the best bit

Drinks - soon - seems I will be working up in Kelvin Grove for a while from end of May which will limit my drinking opportunities. Then maybe Gympie for a while, god help me. Pass me the vodka now please
Right then - we can do drinks any night Mon-Wednesday asap! We were drinking at Gillhooleys in the CBD.

Should we pick a night and post it in the meet up section and see if there are others who fancy a night out.

We can get the drinks out of the way and see if others are interested in a meal out later.

What is it you do that means working away - no idea where Gympie or Kelvin Grove are? Interesting places?
Old Apr 17th 2008, 8:02 pm
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Right then - we can do drinks any night Mon-Wednesday asap! We were drinking at Gillhooleys in the CBD.
Sounds like a plan!

Should we pick a night and post it in the meet up section and see if there are others who fancy a night out.
Good idea

We can get the drinks out of the way and see if others are interested in a meal out later.
What do you mean, out of the way???!!

What is it you do that means working away - no idea where Gympie or Kelvin Grove are? Interesting places?
Sadly, they're not...
Old Apr 19th 2008, 7:37 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...58#post6236458

Kelvin Grove is OK, in that you can get to the city from it

Gympie - have a look at Cresta's posts. Remove your shoes on entry, and don't expect anything resembling life more recent than 1950.............