Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane Weather Today

Brisbane Weather Today

Old Feb 21st 2004, 9:11 am
ABCDiamond

Default Brisbane Weather Today

It seem that the weather here has been the hottest for 80 years today. Reaching 41C in Ipswich. It only got to 35C here in the Bayside though.

Old Feb 21st 2004, 9:13 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Brisbane Weather Today

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
It seem that the weather here has been the hottest for 80 years today. Reaching 41C in Ipswich. It only got to 35C here in the Bayside though.
ABC.......

can ya tell me what it's like in Victoria Point?

Love Boomie
xx
Old Feb 21st 2004, 9:14 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane Weather Today

Originally posted by ABCDiamond

cripes...we'll be lucky to reach 35F here in Yorkshire!!!!!
he had to scraped ice off car windows this morning!

cooled down a bit now?

sue
Old Feb 21st 2004, 9:26 am
dmf
Forum Regular

dmf will become famous soon enough

It was 35 in our garage tonight at 7pm. We are in the middle of decorating a bedroom and Nigel went out into the garage to sand some skirting boards and the sweat was pouring out of him. He gave up in the end as it was just too hot.

Dawn
Old Feb 21st 2004, 9:32 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

It was an absolute shocker, we spent half the day driving around in the car (great cos of the a/c) & the rest between househunting & in the spa. We had to go over to Sherwood (western suburbs) this afternoon at about 3pm, getting out of the car was like stepping into a FURNACE it was that hot . Weather site says it was 41 degrees at Archerfield (just a suburb or 2 from Sherwood) at 3.30pm, no wonder I felt so hot. Got a couple of pics, I'll get Dagboy to download them in a min & will post them.
Old Feb 21st 2004, 10:21 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

How we kept cool
Attached Thumbnails Brisbane Weather Today-spa.jpg  
Old Feb 21st 2004, 10:23 am
Rocket Scientist

For those who think that they would actually like being here in this heat, this is why we kept cool :scared: .
Attached Thumbnails Brisbane Weather Today-candle.jpg  
Old Feb 21st 2004, 10:25 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmm, Mrs D, I see a pattern emerging.....pics of Dagboy, always scantily clad! Are you doing this so that whenever you are giving out helpful Queensland advice, you can also have pics of him popping up at intervals? Gives you something to lookat while he's at work.....
Old Feb 21st 2004, 10:48 am
Rocket Scientist

Originally posted by Pollyana
Hmmmm, Mrs D, I see a pattern emerging.....pics of Dagboy, always scantily clad! Are you doing this so that whenever you are giving out helpful Queensland advice, you can also have pics of him popping up at intervals? Gives you something to lookat while he's at work.....
Polly, you havent actually seen my computer at home here have you? Ive attached a pic of it at the bottom. I used to have my computer at work like this, along with every letter or card he had ever given me pinned to my noticeboard on my desk, the girls used to call it the shrine .

Hows this for obsessed? LOL

Attached Thumbnails Brisbane Weather Today-desk.jpg  
Old Feb 21st 2004, 11:01 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
For those who think that they would actually like being here in this heat, this is why we kept cool :scared: .
Blimey - that's hot !!
It's also why I don't mind going to Victoria. More bearable there I believe.

Those wilted candles are no good to you anymore so may I
dedicate them to WBB, WB and JD
Old Feb 21st 2004, 11:06 am
Rocket Scientist

Originally posted by Bix
Blimey - that's hot !!
It's also why I don't mind going to Victoria. More bearable there I believe.

Those wilted candles are no good to you anymore so may I
dedicate them to WBB, WB and JD
WBB, WB & JD all have droopy bits like the candles?
Old Feb 21st 2004, 11:10 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

WBB, WB & JD all have droopy bits like the candles?
I can't say - it's a family show
Let's just say the tailor has to cut their trews in a particular way
Old Feb 21st 2004, 11:15 am
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice

Polly, you havent actually seen my computer at home here have you? Ive attached a pic of it at the bottom. I used to have my computer at work like this, along with every letter or card he had ever given me pinned to my noticeboard on my desk, the girls used to call it the shrine .

Hows this for obsessed? LOL

Mrs D
Is that a tube of KY gel next to the screw driver ???? owch
Old Feb 21st 2004, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

We just got home 10pm, still 32 ouside, turned the AC off while we were gone now gotta cool the whole house down before anyone can even imagine sleeping. It really is horrendous.

Brisbane seems to be copping it this year, last year was very mild compared to this summer. I didnt think just Brisbane got these heatwaves tho??, Perth has had them, Adelaide has just had record breaking temps, and Melbourne I know they get weeks of 40 some years, cause we've been down there in it. Dont think you can pick it really, somebody seems to cop a heatwave every year, which state is anybodies guess.
Old Feb 21st 2004, 11:28 am
Rocket Scientist

Originally posted by nicholls clan
Mrs D
Is that a tube of KY gel next to the screw driver ???? owch
ROFL, nooooooo, its Feldene Gel, which is an anti-inflammatory rub for tendonitis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.