Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane weather in July?

Brisbane weather in July?

Old Feb 7th 2006, 10:14 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brisbane weather in July?

Thinking of taking a little jaunt over to Brissie this year for a holiday. The only time I can go is July, not the ideal time but hey ho!

What's the weather like at that time of year? In Perth it's usually pretty chilly and wet, is Brissie any better?
Old Feb 7th 2006, 10:20 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Brisbane weather in July?

Brisbane weather in July 2005 was.....
http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/dwo/20...9.200507.shtml

Lowest 6.2 °C (overnight)
Highest 25.3 °C

and it rained on 7 days, but only 2 days exceeding 2mm.

Old Feb 7th 2006, 10:26 am
birmingham to brisbane

cam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nice

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Brisbane weather in July 2005 was.....
http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/dwo/20...9.200507.shtml

Lowest 6.2 °C (overnight)
Highest 25.3 °C

and it rained on 7 days, but only 2 days exceeding 2mm.
I've been told its pretty much like a uk summers day
Old Feb 7th 2006, 10:26 am
Account Closed

There now, I knew I could rely on you ABC for some precise statistical info! Thank you.

So, Brissie is nowhere near as chilly as here then? Bonus.
Old Feb 7th 2006, 10:28 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

It's lovely and warm during the day...and bloody cold at night [you feel the cold more on a night because of how warm it is during the day].

Bring T shirt and shorts during the day ......and fleecy jimjams, water bottle, cardi and bedsocks for night You'll be right......

PS. Tis lovely here Trace...you'll not wanna go back
Old Feb 7th 2006, 10:31 am
birmingham to brisbane

cam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nice

i've also been told that its not humid like it is now
Old Feb 7th 2006, 10:37 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by TraceyW
There now, I knew I could rely on you ABC for some precise statistical info! Thank you.

So, Brissie is nowhere near as chilly as here then? Bonus.
My Dad used to be very precise. I suppose I must take after him after all

It does feel cold here in Winter, but as has been said, mainly because of the difference, a drop of 20 degrees within hours feels very cold.

Imagine a drop of 20°C in an average UK day.

I sometimes have to go outside in the winter to warm up a bit, as it is often colder in the house, but lovely outside

Old Feb 7th 2006, 11:02 am
Account Closed

Thanks very much chaps for the info

Another little query though.....what the heck is going on with the flights over to you lot there in Brissie? Why can't we get on a plane in Perth and land on the tarmac in Brisbane? Why do we have to go via Melbourne? What's that all about then?
Old Feb 7th 2006, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Another little query though.....what the heck is going on with the flights over to you lot there in Brissie? Why can't we get on a plane in Perth and land on the tarmac in Brisbane? Why do we have to go via Melbourne? What's that all about then?
It's to deter WA leavers going straight to Heaven. They have to go to hell first.

WW
Old Feb 7th 2006, 11:13 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
It's to deter WA leavers going straight to Heaven. They have to go to hell first.

WW
ROFPMSL
Old Feb 7th 2006, 11:20 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Brisbane weather in July?

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat

WW
Methinks that is a gloves off challenge to Bordy and fellow Victorians!

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Feb 7th 2006, 11:27 am
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

Thinking of taking a little jaunt over to Brissie this year for a holiday. The only time I can go is July, not the ideal time but hey ho!

What's the weather like at that time of year? In Perth it's usually pretty chilly and wet, is Brissie any better?
Hello! We went to Brissy last july.. the weather was OK. The first week it was sunny everyday, and warm during the day... but chuffing freezing at night. Something I hadn't expected. We were staying in a cabin on a caravan park, with no heating... BBRRRR!
The second week we had a few thunder storms and torrential rain for 2 or 3 days, but we just jumped in the car and drove up north until it stopped raining!!!! One day we ended up in Gympie... and decided we'd never live there!!!! Too weird!

Just make sure you wrap up well at night!!!!
Sonic x
Old Feb 7th 2006, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Methinks that is a gloves off challenge to Bordy and fellow Victorians!

Cheers

Buzzy
One has to ask why so many 'Mexicans' are moving to SE Qld

WW
Old Feb 7th 2006, 9:47 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Qantas and Virgin both do direct flights (albeit not as frequent as indirect!)

Andrew
Old Feb 7th 2006, 10:54 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Be warned though Tracy - esp if your family are eczema/asthma prone - it can get very very dry, with humidity down to 20% or less. Many people would not notice this, but for some it feels uncomfortable because its too dry. Lots of moisturiser/creams/etc needed.
Other than that, yes its the chilly time of year, which is lovely!

Polly
(currently in the chilly UK, loving every freezing minute!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.