Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

brisbane weather

brisbane weather

Old Aug 4th 2008, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

ausdreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default brisbane weather

how cold does it get in brisbane area in winter? compared with sydney area don't want to go where it gets too cold.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 10:58 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: brisbane weather

3C this year

http://www.wunderground.com/weathers...graphspan=year
Old Aug 4th 2008, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/silo/r..._trendmaps.cgi
Old Aug 4th 2008, 11:38 am
Ber-kerk

Wheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the rough

Hi
July/August are the coldest months, we had a cold 'spell' last week and it got down to 3 degrees with a high of about 13, but usually it averages between 10-23 degrees.

I take a light jacket to work and have only needed to actually wear it for the past two weeks. Usually during the day a tee shirt is plenty (until you acclimatise a bit more!)

The temperature does drop a bit once it's dark (5pm in winter - but getting lighter already and it gets dark at the moment about 5.30pm). I think the weather is brilliant here. I love looking out the window at work and seeing the sun shining. It's not too hard to get up in the mornings either as it's not freezing. We have had the heating on ONCE only this season.

If I am out during the day in the sun, it's usually enough to get too hot!

I can recall living in Sydney and the wind was soooo cold during. Blows off the harbour and brrr. Gets right inside you. I am not a huge fan of the cold, unless it's cold enough to snow (and does snow!)
Old Aug 4th 2008, 11:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wheeler-Jones
Hi
Usually during the day a tee shirt is plenty (until you acclimatise a bit more!)
A tee shirt?

Vest, shirt and tank-top at the very least these last few weeks.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
A tee shirt?

Vest, shirt and tank-top at the very least these last few weeks.
I think Wheeler-Jones hasn't been back in Aus too long though, it takes a while to acclimatise. I am currently wearing jumper and jacket throughout the day. Even my boss from Vic has been moaning about the cold!
Old Aug 4th 2008, 12:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ausdreamer
how cold does it get in brisbane area in winter? compared with sydney area don't want to go where it gets too cold.
Originally Posted by rabsody
I think Wheeler-Jones hasn't been back in Aus too long though, it takes a while to acclimatise. I am currently wearing jumper and jacket throughout the day. Even my boss from Vic has been moaning about the cold!
After you've been here a while it feels much cooler than you ever thought it would. Sometimes even to the point of really cold.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

After you've been here a while it feels much cooler than you ever thought it would. Sometimes even to the point of really cold.
Agree, first year I was here, I could not for the life of me understand people wearing coats in winter! Now I'm a fully paid up member of the coat brigade!

Everyone round here was out wearing scarves with their coats this morning!
Old Aug 4th 2008, 12:16 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Agree, first year I was here, I could not for the life of me understand people wearing coats in winter! Now I'm a fully paid up member of the coat brigade!

A few weeks ago I was complaining of the cold in Brisbane in the mornings.

It's nice to be back in the Uk where it is warm

Hope it has warmed up a bit for when I return
Old Aug 4th 2008, 12:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Must admit to actually liking the change in weather. Can't really call it a change of season (although of course it is) as the trees look the same all year round (i.e. shagged). Nice to 'rug up' once in a while.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Must admit to actually liking the change in weather. Can't really call it a change of season (although of course it is) as the trees look the same all year round (i.e. shagged). Nice to 'rug up' once in a while.
I'm not exactly a big fan of the cold, but at least it's sunny every day still ... can't complain about that!
Old Aug 4th 2008, 12:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm not exactly a big fan of the cold, but at least it's sunny every day still ... can't complain about that!
Not much changes does it? Moved to the other side of the world . . . still talking about the friggin' weather!
Old Aug 4th 2008, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Not much changes does it? Moved to the other side of the world . . . still talking about the friggin' weather!
You can't teach an old dog new tricks mate
Old Aug 4th 2008, 12:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You can't teach an old dog new tricks mate
Who you calling an old dog?

This little exchange of posts could almost constitute a conversation . . . albeit one you might have whilst submerged in a vat of treacle.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Who you calling an old dog?

This little exchange of posts could almost constitute a conversation . . . albeit one you might have whilst submerged in a vat of treacle.
I was referring to myself actually, who did you think?

Hmm, a conversation submerged in treacle. Sounds interesting!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.