Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane vs sunshine vs gold coast?!

Brisbane vs sunshine vs gold coast?!

Old Mar 7th 2007, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Brisbane vs sunshine vs gold coast?!

Originally Posted by sammyg
Hya all,
We're hoping to move to Brisbane early next year and wanted peoples opinions on where's best to live for families. We are a small family with one 10 year old and we are not put off by the so called 'legoland' estates, infact they are probably good for us -kids playing out in a close community is ideal

Sister-in-law lives in a plantation home in ipswich, beautiful apparently but houses are far apart due to 1000m2 plots of land! We want our daughter out and about making the most of it!

We've been looking into North Lakes and Springfield Lakes, mother-in-law went to have a look over christmas and bought lots of stuff back. Don't really know much about gold coast though.

All opinions welcome please, i know there are a few of us that would like to find out more and hear others opinions and I know everybody likes different things but there's no harm in a bit of research is there?!

Thanks Sam
Hi
Coomera waters is a nice area - bit more established have a look at the website http://www.coomerawaters.com.au/
best of luck
x
Old Mar 7th 2007, 5:44 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Sister-in-law lives in a plantation home in ipswich, beautiful apparently but houses are far apart due to 1000m2 plots of land! We want our daughter out and about making the most of it!
Hunny...........you obviously have no concept of how big, (rather, small), 1000M2 is??

We're not talking 1000M in a straight line, between houses, which I suspect, is what you're thinking?
Old Mar 7th 2007, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Hunny...........you obviously have no concept of how big, (rather, small), 1000M2 is??

We're not talking 1000M in a straight line, between houses, which I suspect, is what you're thinking?
oh dear me..what is your problem again uffy the hump layer
metres squared is very different to metres in one straight line

i have quite a good perspective of the size of houses ....hunny .....as i live in a 4 bed detached house (owned actually) which is of a decent size in the uk and the plot of land which it sits on is around 400 sqm. How about your pad???You prob won't need to know what equates to what as you will be 10 bob poms!!! - well, nothing wrong with dreaming eh fluff??? 1000sqm - in YOUR dreams...
Old Mar 7th 2007, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Hya again,

and thanks especially, Demented Ferret, Centurion, Katehn, the merlin and rebnotloli and emmy- all that put an 'on-post' comments on this thread.I really value on topic, relevant (negative or positive) posts and i started this thread with the best intentions. However, there seems to be a thorn in my side implying negative comments where ever i go on the forum.

Please can we stick to the thread!!
Not looking for 'arsy' comments!

Thanks in advance Sam
Old Mar 8th 2007, 5:08 am

oh dear me..what is your problem again uffy the hump layer
metres squared is very different to metres in one straight line

i have quite a good perspective of the size of houses ....hunny .....as i live in a 4 bed detached house (owned actually) which is of a decent size in the uk and the plot of land which it sits on is around 400 sqm. How about your pad???You prob won't need to know what equates to what as you will be 10 bob poms!!! - well, nothing wrong with dreaming eh fluff??? 1000sqm - in YOUR dreams...
Thanx for your personal attack - really justifiable!

Perhaps we wont be living in a nice big house upon arrival in Oz - who gives a shxx? The important part is that we are going with more ambition and desire to succeed than you probably possess in your left nipple!

I can just see you now, bet you swan around doing the school run in a big 4x4 thinking your queen shxx, don't you! Probably never done a hard days work in your life!

Get over yourself............
Old Mar 8th 2007, 5:09 am

Please can we stick to the thread!!
Not looking for 'arsy' comments!

Thanks in advance Sam
More than happy enough to 'make them' though, aren't you!

See above!
Old Mar 8th 2007, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice

Is there really any need for all this back stabbing on here?????????????
Most of us just want some advice and useful info, and do not want to read through dozens of pathetic posts slagging each other off!

Can we pleas get back to the original subject of the post please
Old Mar 8th 2007, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice

More than happy enough to 'make them' though, aren't you!

See above!
Just had a look at your Perth pics! They're great, really funny though, we went last year and havr most of the same pics!!! Ie. Kings park, Perth city over swan river, Cottesloe beach, Freemantle prison, Bussleton jetty etc....funny how people choose the same places to visit! Did you go to Rotnest Island? This was fantastic, best place I've ever been (for scenery)
Old Mar 8th 2007, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Perths a shithole, UK is best, Everyones wrong, Lettuce is expensive, Chocolate tastes horrible, wages are crap etc etc

BTW Just following the tone of the rest of the thread :-))
(I actually love Australia)

I have no idea why people start slagging each other off, like you say we come on here for advice, not an argument - I wonder if these people have friends in the real world?
Old Mar 8th 2007, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Now, now kids........ Calm down... What's up with you..... getting your period?? S-j x
Old Mar 8th 2007, 10:17 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Perths a shithole, UK is best, Everyones wrong, Lettuce is expensive, Chocolate tastes horrible, wages are crap etc etc
You nutter - grab the pop corn and enjoy
Old Mar 8th 2007, 10:18 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

You nutter - grab the pop corn and enjoy
Old Mar 8th 2007, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

BTW Just following the tone of the rest of the thread :-))
(I actually love Australia)

I have no idea why people start slagging each other off, like you say we come on here for advice, not an argument - I wonder if these people have friends in the real world?

I'm not really sure where it's all come from personally..... got better things to do....
Old Mar 8th 2007, 10:40 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Hya all,
We're hoping to move to Brisbane early next year and wanted peoples opinions on where's best to live for families. We are a small family with one 10 year old and we are not put off by the so called 'legoland' estates, infact they are probably good for us -kids playing out in a close community is ideal

We've been looking into North Lakes and Springfield Lakes, mother-in-law went to have a look over christmas and bought lots of stuff back. Don't really know much about gold coast though.

All opinions welcome please, i know there are a few of us that would like to find out more and hear others opinions and I know everybody likes different things but there's no harm in a bit of research is there?!

Thanks Sam
Ignore the (numerous) naysayers and check out the Logan/Beaudesert border ... we bought our place on 4 acres for 300K a year ago, haven't regretted it for a minute. Space and a 'community' that hasn't been planned with a computer and a set-square, can't beat it.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 10:41 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Mine's a pepperoni by the way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.