Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

brisbane visa trip

brisbane visa trip

Old Feb 6th 2005, 2:57 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up brisbane visa trip

hello everyone and thank you to the mods for lifting my ban.
well we have just got back from visa trip and heres a quick rundown of how it went.we flew with singapore and they are superb,they can't do enough for kids they realy are good.well we headed to surfers paradise as our base to look around wellington point victoria point,cleveland and load more araes but we liked victoria point best for no other reason than they need sheet metal workers and welders and house prices are a bit lower than wellington point and i got offered a job the first place i walked in but be warned fabricators that the wages are crap,they pay about $19 per hour which doesn't seem much after tax but on the other hand its a great place with bigger houses better weather and a better start for our kids so theres no contest as far as we are concerned.we also opened a bank account so we can start putting money in and all you need to open an account is a passport.we hired a people carrier from budget rent a car which worked out to about £50 a day which is quite good and it was a brand new one,and all in all we had a great trip and found the australian's very warm and genuine and if they could help you they would.......best wishes jonni boy
Old Feb 6th 2005, 3:19 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: brisbane visa trip

Originally Posted by jonni boy
hello everyone and thank you to the mods for lifting my ban.
well we have just got back from visa trip and heres a quick rundown of how it went.we flew with singapore and they are superb,they can't do enough for kids they realy are good.well we headed to surfers paradise as our base to look around wellington point victoria point,cleveland and load more araes but we liked victoria point best for no other reason than they need sheet metal workers and welders and house prices are a bit lower than wellington point and i got offered a job the first place i walked in but be warned fabricators that the wages are crap,they pay about $19 per hour which doesn't seem much after tax but on the other hand its a great place with bigger houses better weather and a better start for our kids so theres no contest as far as we are concerned.we also opened a bank account so we can start putting money in and all you need to open an account is a passport.we hired a people carrier from budget rent a car which worked out to about £50 a day which is quite good and it was a brand new one,and all in all we had a great trip and found the australian's very warm and genuine and if they could help you they would.......best wishes jonni boy

Glad you had a good time - how long did you go for ? and when are you planning to make the big move ?

Sel x
Old Feb 6th 2005, 3:33 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sel
Glad you had a good time - how long did you go for ? and when are you planning to make the big move ?

Sel x
hello sel we had a week in sydney and stayed at the novatel which is right on the harbour so we had a great view's and then 10 days in brisbane and we are hoping to go over permanently by about this time next year but i will leave it upto my wife as she's at college and not to sure when she will feel ready
jonni boy
Old Feb 6th 2005, 5:27 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonni boy
hello sel we had a week in sydney and stayed at the novatel which is right on the harbour so we had a great view's and then 10 days in brisbane and we are hoping to go over permanently by about this time next year but i will leave it upto my wife as she's at college and not to sure when she will feel ready
jonni boy
We are at the start of things although agents now got all the stuff. We plan to (if & when we get visas) do a month validation trip. We want to have the choice of when we do the big move without panicking and running out of time but also to set things up as much as we can whilst there. The bank account was one of those things on the list. We are still unsure if we are going to sell our house here or rent it so we are taking baby steps to make sure we do the right thing by us, so I can understand your wife needing to feel ready.

Good luck

Sel x