Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane- Victoria point to the city?!

Brisbane- Victoria point to the city?!

Old Dec 23rd 2010, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

punoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to all
Default Brisbane- Victoria point to the city?!

Hello
We love Victoria point and would love to live there but OH works in the city.
Anyone living in Vicoria point works in the cbd? What is the quickest way? Till now I have found 1 hour 20 min one way!
Any tips will be great.
Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

B1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud of
Default Re: Brisbane- Victoria point to the city?!

Originally Posted by punoo
Hello
We love Victoria point and would love to live there but OH works in the city.
Anyone living in Vicoria point works in the cbd? What is the quickest way? Till now I have found 1 hour 20 min one way!
Any tips will be great.
Thanks in advance.
Hi Punoo,

I'm glad you're loving Victoria Point. I have seen similar posts before regarding your question and the timing you have mentioned is about it!

Do you/OH travel by car to CBD or by public transport? I'll be staying in Cleveland and in the beginning will be taking the train to CBD. Unfortunately, the train line only stops in Cleveland and does not go down to Victoria Point.

But after a while, I'll be buying a motorcycle (hence B!K3R ) and that should take me around 40 mins to CBD.

Anyway, have you tried TransLink Journey Planner? Not sure how accurate it is but I have tried an example and it took 56 mins from VP to CBD.

Sorry I wasn't of much help, but I guess that would be it.

http://www.translink.com.au

Attached Thumbnails Brisbane- Victoria point to the city?!-citylink.jpg  
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

punoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to all

Originally Posted by B1K3R
Hi Punoo,

I'm glad you're loving Victoria Point. I have seen similar posts before regarding your question and the timing you have mentioned is about it!

Do you/OH travel by car to CBD or by public transport? I'll be staying in Cleveland and in the beginning will be taking the train to CBD. Unfortunately, the train line only stops in Cleveland and does not go down to Victoria Point.

But after a while, I'll be buying a motorcycle (hence B!K3R ) and that should take me around 40 mins to CBD.

Anyway, have you tried TransLink Journey Planner? Not sure how accurate it is but I have tried an example and it took 56 mins from VP to CBD.

Sorry I wasn't of much help, but I guess that would be it.

http://www.translink.com.au

http://britishexpats.com/forum/attac...1&d=1293117216
Thanks B1K3R

OH will work on the Milton street so its the other side..tht adds about 20min travel time more (
Knew about the Cleveland station.....was wondering maybe there are some charter bus or espress bus to the city for the workers.
Some one told me today on the beach that there is an express train in the morning from Cleveland to city but I cant find dit in translink site!

Where in Europe are you moving from?

I am hoping to get some answers from the locals....fingers crossed!
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

B1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by punoo
Some one told me today on the beach that there is an express train in the morning from Cleveland to city but I cant find dit in translink site!

Where in Europe are you moving from?

I am hoping to get some answers from the locals....fingers crossed!
Hmm, something express would be great but I guess pricey too.

From a teeny weeny peeny little island in the Mediterenean called Malta

Hopefully some local will help you. ABCDiamond lives in Bayside and he is always full of information Maybe you can check his website

http://www.brisbanebayside.com

Cheers
B!K3R
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 7:39 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

279 or 281 buses take just over an hour. bit limited on times is the issue with them.

Drive to eight miles plains and get on any busway bus. Parking can be hard after 7.30.

271 bus, a bit slower as it goes through capalaba but empty at VP

Train. Nice slowly trip around the bayside and manly etc.
Old Dec 24th 2010, 12:18 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

The express train just stops at slightly fewer stations I think its like 7:09 am or something - just look on the translink website - one or two of the trains between 5am and 8am departure will have shorter journe times to the CBD - thats them.

The upside of the cleveland train is - you are getting on at the beginning so you get a seat. The downside of the train is its uncomfortable (more like a london underground train than a british rail waterloo mainline train) youcannot eat or drink on it , you can just about get laptop on your lap but you'll be murdered by the other inhabitants for clickety typing. It also stops at every stop ... every 60-90seconds it feels like slowing down, jerk to stop, accelerate, slow down, etc..........

From Vic-Pt to Cleveland station is 5k +/- down hill (uphill on way home obviously).

There is parking at the station.

Driving wise - depending on traffic it seems to take an hour.