Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane Train Website

Brisbane Train Website

Old Apr 5th 2010, 8:34 pm
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brisbane Train Website

I have googled this but was just wondering which is the best site to use to map a journey out/journey times/changes etc etc.

The journey I am looking at is Victoria Point (ish) to Underwood, it may be totally NON doable but thought I would have a look all the same.

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 5th 2010, 8:35 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane Train Website

Originally Posted by louise View Post
I have googled this but was just wondering which is the best site to use to map a journey out/journey times/changes etc etc.

The journey I am looking at is Victoria Point (ish) to Underwood, it may be totally NON doable but thought I would have a look all the same.

Thanks in advance
www.transinfo.qld.gov.au/
Old Apr 5th 2010, 8:53 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
Thank you
Old Apr 6th 2010, 2:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Louise

There is no station at Victoria Point, so it's not a journey that you would be able to do on the train. The closest station is as Cleveland, but the train does not go from there to Underwood - it would mean changing somewhere. It would be a VERY long journey!! Bus from VP to Cleveland, then the slow train, change trains and back south down to Underwood.

Love

Rudi
x
Old Apr 6th 2010, 3:40 am
Just Joined

Veekay is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, that's a tricky one. Difficult by both train and bus. It is doable in theory but would take a while and a bit of messing about.

Probably would need to look at a taxi although it gets a bit expensive.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 3:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

I would have thought a bus would service that route from Victoria Point to Garden City or Griffith Uni. You could then change to get a bus to underwood.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 4:05 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
Ah, the transinfo site ... such a user-friendly experience ...

1) Me: "I want to travel from Central to Loganlea by train"
2) Site: Which One Of These 200 to/from choices would you like?
3) Me: "JUST SHOW ME THE FREAKING STATIONS!"
Old Apr 6th 2010, 4:32 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by fish.01 View Post
I would have thought a bus would service that route from Victoria Point to Garden City or Griffith Uni. You could then change to get a bus to underwood.
That sounds about right, with about 80 minutes total travel time. One or two bus changes depending on time of day.
The direct route by car is 27km and about 30 minutes.

The train would be from Cleveland to Kuraby, about 90 minutes to 2 hours travel time, with one train change.

Do you know what Victoria Point and Underwood have in common...

Pattons Big Gun Butchers http://www.biggun.com.au

Old Apr 6th 2010, 7:49 pm
Account Closed

Thanks for all your replies and the info given