Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane and surrounds, meet up 10th November

Brisbane and surrounds, meet up 10th November

Old Sep 29th 2007, 7:49 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Brisbane and surrounds, meet up 10th November

OK, here goes - I am going to attempt to arrange a meet up!!

We are Rob 34 and Caroline 27. We have been in Oz for 4 weeks now and have settled into a lovely unit in Redcliffe, just North of Brisbane. The only thing missing is a social life!

We would love to meet up with others in the same boat for a drink and a chat.....

We are open to ideas on where and when but thought that for a starters, a Sunday would be good!

As a suggestion, Redcliffe itself is fab on a weekend. Beaches and parks a plenty and generally a nice place to 'get away from it all'!

So...who's up for it?
Old Sep 29th 2007, 8:49 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane and surrounds, meet up early October.

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
OK, here goes - I am going to attempt to arrange a meet up!!

We are Rob 34 and Caroline 27. We have been in Oz for 4 weeks now and have settled into a lovely unit in Redcliffe, just North of Brisbane. The only thing missing is a social life!

We would love to meet up with others in the same boat for a drink and a chat.....

We are open to ideas on where and when but thought that for a starters, a Sunday would be good!

As a suggestion, Redcliffe itself is fab on a weekend. Beaches and parks a plenty and generally a nice place to 'get away from it all'!

So...who's up for it?
Have you visited the Belvedere, Woody Point - we've had a few meets there, good food, beer, atmosphere, OK for kids - perhaps try for somehting there soon....
Old Sep 29th 2007, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Have you visited the Belvedere, Woody Point - we've had a few meets there, good food, beer, atmosphere, OK for kids - perhaps try for somehting there soon....
Have driven past it. Shall have to inspect further
Old Sep 29th 2007, 11:52 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Have driven past it. Shall have to inspect further
Well worth a visit, good atmosphere and we've had three or four meets there.
Old Sep 29th 2007, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

superchick is an unknown quantity at this point

some mums and there kids are meeting at Shorncliffe on Tuesday at around 1030. You are very welcome to join us.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

Croweater has a spectacular aura aboutCroweater has a spectacular aura aboutCroweater has a spectacular aura about

Hi,

We haven't been to any meets but I know that there is another lot of expats that meet in the Pig and Whistle pub (Eagle Street Pier) in the city every month or so. If you type Brisbane British Club into google it should come up.

Have fun!
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 2:24 pm
Home and Happy

Well worth a visit, good atmosphere and we've had three or four meets there.
What d'you reckon then Fluffy? pick a date........
Try and avoid the weekend when some Scottish bloke is having a meet down the Gold Coast though
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 7:06 am
Bexleyheath to Brisbane

sarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nice

What d'you reckon then Fluffy? pick a date........
Try and avoid the weekend when some Scottish bloke is having a meet down the Gold Coast though
Hi, We have been in Brisbane for 4 weeks now, me, hubby and daughter and are up for a meet. We are in Aspley.

Let us know when and where.

Cheers, Sarah
Old Oct 4th 2007, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

samnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya we are at Ningi but willing to travel to Redcliffe for a meet, weve been here for 9 weeks now so would love to meet up with some other BE addicts. there's me and OH and 3 kids ages 10 11 and 12
Sam
Old Oct 6th 2007, 11:31 pm
Just Joined

scotfree is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi would like to attend the meet, when its been decided, also would like to contact Samnsam, as we live in Ningi as well. Thanks Scotfree.
Old Oct 7th 2007, 8:24 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

No chance you can make it a Saturday instead of Sunday. Can't have a good sesh if I have to get up for work on the Monday Not that I ever drink much anyway
Old Oct 7th 2007, 1:44 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by 232Bar
No chance you can make it a Saturday instead of Sunday. Can't have a good sesh if I have to get up for work on the Monday Not that I ever drink much anyway
Haven't you heard of the ancient Aussie tradition "the Sickie"........a game usually played on Monday mornings......
Old Oct 8th 2007, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

ragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really nice

Originally Posted by 232Bar
I second that Sat is better gives us Sun to get over it.
you don't drink much.............eeerrrmmm.................yeh right.Thats as close to the truth as Australia winning the 2007 Rugby world Cup,oh i'm sorry I almost forgot England knocked them out.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 5:31 am
Just Joined

JamesAndLouise is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

We are in Cashmere, been here for about 5 months now and up for a meet, can easily come over to Redcliffe or wherever. Theres Me (34) Louise (33) and Harvey (5).

Just give us a date.

Cheers

James
Old Oct 11th 2007, 5:52 am

Hmmmm, seems like there is some interest after all!

Was holding off responding in case no-one else did!

OK, folks.......

Lets make it, the weekend after Soapy's bash in GC on the 27th - the Saturday is good. How's that sound?

Open to all suggestions on a location - obviously somewhere kiddy friendly would be good.

Let us know your thoughts........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.