Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane suburbs, worst and best

Brisbane suburbs, worst and best

Old Dec 13th 2007, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

Jessy69 is on a distinguished road
Default Brisbane suburbs, worst and best

Moving to Brisbane, which are the areas to avoid and which are the most pleasant to live?
Old Dec 13th 2007, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane suburbs, worst and best

The best - have a look to the left But try and find it

Don't think there is a worst, I don't like some area's but each have there -/+
Old Dec 13th 2007, 12:41 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jessy69
Moving to Brisbane, which are the areas to avoid and which are the most pleasant to live?
fark... do you know how many burbs are in brizzy??

usual no nos, are all on the south side.

Inala, Woodridge, Kingston and Marsden
Old Dec 13th 2007, 12:53 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Any criteria ? Some people like cafe life, nightclubs , land/acreage, sea access , commuting. There are over 100 suburbs to brissy.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

Jessy69 is on a distinguished road

I don't want to live near any nightclubs, etc. Just going on crime levels I guess, don't want to live where houses get robbed and cars stolen, etc.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 1:30 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want to live near any nightclubs, etc. Just going on crime levels I guess, don't want to live where houses get robbed and cars stolen, etc.
Dayboro...rough as guts..
Old Dec 13th 2007, 1:39 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if there are any crime stats by suburb, but Australia has one of the highest burglary rates in the world so I'd expect it to happen everywhere. I wouldn't class my previous suburb as a hotbed of crime but my neighbours got turned over twice in one week. I'm now living in what would be classed as a pretty desirable suburb and the crime seems to come in waves.....all sorts of things happen for a couple of weeks (house breaking, car theft as you say) and then it goes quiet again for a while.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 1:42 am
Precociously Stupid

TsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
Where's that?

For Avoiding nightclubs: Avoid Fortitude Valley, New Farm, Woolloongabba Areas

For Avoiding Crime:
Kingston, Woodridge, Trinder Park (and surrounds);
Browns Plains, Heritage Park (parts are LOVELy the rest is crap) and surrounds of those too;
Inala has a bad rep;

Check out the train lines (www.transinfo.com.au):

the closer to Ipswich you go on the green line, the less you should be living there (if some of the people who get the train are any indication - once again, some parts are gorgeous but)

and the same for the green line going north actually, though for those 'stay-away' areas you'd have to ask a northsider.

nicest areas (assuming you want safe for kiddies, good transport, close to city and high standards) would be:
Morningside, Bulimba, Balmoral;
The Gap, Paddington, Red Hill;
Newmarket, Enoggera, Herston;
Spring Hill (I think?);
Auchenflower, Milton, Toowong, Taringa <----- Taringa's excellent!!!;
Hamilton, Ascot.

These are all a bit exxy though.

Take away the high standards and heading to the suburbs, you've got:
Mt Gravatt, Holland park, Greenslopes (my personal reccommendations but don't go out to Wishart)
Rochedale, Rochedale South, Daisy Hill (avoid most of the surrounds and stick to the acreage)
Robertson, Nathan, Tarragindi
Fig Tree Pocket

These are all Southside (apart from FTP) because that's where I'm from I think Thornside is good if you're heading out East to the bay, but you'd have to ask someone else for Northside and the western/eastern suburbs.

Last edited by TsukinoDeynatsu; Dec 13th 2007 at 2:05 am.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 1:43 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Aint that the truth !!!!

Last Week.

Mrs Jones in Encheliemer St, had her CHICKEN ROAST stolen !!turned out to be her dog ! Police charged Alfy the Kelpy with concealing the evidence ( burying the bones in yard ) and consuming stolen property.

He was ordered to mow the verges for 6 months !

Its so bad round here , pmsl
Old Dec 13th 2007, 1:43 am
Precociously Stupid

TsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
fark... do you know how many burbs are in brizzy??

usual no nos, are all on the south side.

Inala, Woodridge, Kingston and Marsden
We don't count Inala as southside, they've got the wrong kind of buses :P

They're 'western suburbs', thanks
Old Dec 13th 2007, 1:46 am
Banned

Originally Posted by TsukinoDeynatsu
We don't count Inala as southside, they've got the wrong kind of buses :P

They're 'western suburbs', thanks
Thats cool, cos I class SunnyBank as Fur Coats No Knickers Land

and you should check your previous post for good areas for kids, Spring Hill... The Gap and Paddington to name a few are a tad dodgy for kids
Old Dec 13th 2007, 1:47 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Aint that the truth !!!!

Last Week.

Mrs Jones in Encheliemer St, had her CHICKEN ROAST stolen !!turned out to be her dog ! Police charged Alfy the Kelpy with concealing the evidence ( burying the bones in yard ) and consuming stolen property.

He was ordered to mow the verges for 6 months !

Its so bad round here , pmsl
Just looked up that street name in the refidex....WTF do they get these names from...never mind i'm off to sunybank
Old Dec 13th 2007, 1:50 am
Banned

Just looked up that street name in the refidex....WTF do they get these names from...never mind i'm off to sunybank
pmsl.. i think 40 ppl here are all related to mr encheliemer

If your down sunnybank, get me some wong tong soup, we r fresh out
Old Dec 13th 2007, 1:50 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Thats cool, cos I class SunnyBank as Fur Coats No Knickers Land

and you should check your previous post for good areas for kids, Spring Hill... The Gap and Paddington to name a few are a tad dodgy for kids
Spring Hill & Paddington I'd agree are not great areas for kids but what's wrong with The Gap??
Old Dec 13th 2007, 1:53 am

pmsl.. i think 40 ppl here are all related to mr encheliemer

If your down sunnybank, get me some wong tong soup, we r fresh out
My ex girlfriend once asked me to "kiss her where it smells"...so we went to sunnybank for a snog..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.