Reload this Page >

Brisbane Suburbs Childcare

Brisbane Suburbs Childcare

Old Feb 12th 2014, 8:43 pm
Banned

neil32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brisbane Suburbs Childcare

Hi

Looking for childcare costs for Brisbane suburbs. The suburbs I am looking at are 25-30km out the city.

I looked at my child.gov at some places in the city, 10km outside city and in the areas I am looking at 25-30km and the prices seem to be approx $65-85 per session (full day inc lunch).

I have emailed a few places but thought I'd ask all you kind BE in Brisbane with kids to share their costs. My child would be approx 3 when we went

Thanks
Old Feb 13th 2014, 7:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane Suburbs Childcare

Our daughter is 2, turning 3 this year. We pay $76/day x 2 days (byo food) at a centre 1km from the city centre. We get half of that amount back from the govt so we are out of pocket $76 for the 2 days.
Old Feb 13th 2014, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

TimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of light

I never realised it was so expensive
Old Feb 13th 2014, 12:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TimbersBack
I never realised it was so expensive
Sometimes it bites but then I think paying $38 a day for great people to teach and care for my child is probably not a lot really...if on a lower income it gets cheaper as more govt subsidy kicks in.

I think the main problem is when you don't have PR (ie 457) and have to pay double or if you use it 5 days a week and go over the $7,500 cap.

Last edited by fish.01; Feb 13th 2014 at 12:32 pm.
Old Feb 13th 2014, 8:17 pm
Banned

neil32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fish.01
Our daughter is 2, turning 3 this year. We pay $76/day x 2 days (byo food) at a centre 1km from the city centre. We get half of that amount back from the govt so we are out of pocket $76 for the 2 days.
Thanks for the info thats great to hear the costs I have found are about right.

TimbersBack in the likes of Melbourne we were looking at $100 a day, how accurate this was I am not sure