Reload this Page >

Brisbane suburbs

Brisbane suburbs

Old Feb 5th 2014, 8:43 am
Banned

neil32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brisbane suburbs

Hey,

Looking for some kind people to share with me some nice family suburbs with good schools about 10-15km outside Brisbane. I can then look on the property websites to get an idea on how far my money will go.

We would be looking for a 3/4 bed house to rent for $400-450 a week.
Old Feb 5th 2014, 8:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane suburbs

Hi Neil,

Have a read through this thread. It will give you some good info and fairly recent too.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=819924
Old Feb 5th 2014, 8:51 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

You might struggle to get much more than a small post-war cottage/house for that amount in a suburb that close to Brisbane that is suitable for families with good schools. I'm in Sherwood and the surrounding suburbs here are lovely for families (Chelmer, Graceville, Sherwood and Corinda) with good schools and good public transport links. You might find a older home for that price but more modern homes would be more like $550 - $850 per week.

You may need to look further out from Brisbane, or maybe someone else has ideas for alternative suburbs.
Old Feb 5th 2014, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

sprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nice

You might get something in Kenmore for that kind of money if you want to come out west a bit further out is bellbowrie or moggill and you would get something quite nice there. You would need to go a similar distance out north or south to get value for money or as GoldChoccyCOin says your money won't go very far. PM me if you want more help and I can draw up a short list specific to your requirements as I am sure you have others than just the distance to city and number of beds..
Old Feb 5th 2014, 10:15 am
Banned

Thanks for the info so far. I didn't think my money would go too far, I really need an area I can rent then buy in as we will have schools to think of. so Ideally $450 rent a week and maybe $450k buying, but lets look at rent first

Sprug I will PM you as soon as I can, thanks for the offer

What about areas in the north The Gap, Upper Kedron , Ferny Grove? Anything else ?

Last edited by neil32; Feb 5th 2014 at 10:18 am.
Old Feb 5th 2014, 10:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Search on...

http://www.realestate.com.au/rent
Old Feb 5th 2014, 10:54 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Alfresco

Thanks, Yeah I've been looking there but just hoping to get some know suburbs with good schools to narrow down the search
Old Feb 5th 2014, 2:14 pm
Banned

Alfresco I had a look at the link you posted.....so one area in budget seems to be springfield as its new development and 28km from city any thoughts on this area?

I need to rent first for a year maybe 2, then I could look to buy closer in, I'll be about $450k (exchange rate depending maybe more)

I seem to have more option buying than renting, but I have to rent first, Brisbane seems an expensive place to rent
Old Feb 5th 2014, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil32
Thanks, Yeah I've been looking there but just hoping to get some know suburbs with good schools to narrow down the search

Hi Neil

I have come across areas that I like the look of but then had a look at the schools and just felt they haven't been right for my lads. I also put the schools names in YouTube and see what comes up, you get all sorts. , its an eye opener. ( these are high schools by the way, I'm sure that primary schools will be pretty tame )

It's really hard trying to find an area without actually being there isn't it?

Myself and the Murray family have a couple of threads going on about Brisbane and it's surrounding areas and we have had some suggestions from people who live there or thereabouts, there's some useful points made, have a look.

Do you have young children or children in highschool?

All the best

Molly.
Old Feb 5th 2014, 5:10 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle
Hi Neil

I have come across areas that I like the look of but then had a look at the schools and just felt they haven't been right for my lads. I also put the schools names in YouTube and see what comes up, you get all sorts. , its an eye opener. ( these are high schools by the way, I'm sure that primary schools will be pretty tame )

It's really hard trying to find an area without actually being there isn't it?

Myself and the Murray family have a couple of threads going on about Brisbane and it's surrounding areas and we have had some suggestions from people who live there or thereabouts, there's some useful points made, have a look.

Do you have young children or children in highschool?

All the best

Molly.
Children are young it will be primary we are looking at but also need to take the high school in to account. Thankfully we will have about 18 months before they need to go to school so if we rent in a area we feel is not right we can move, ideally I'd like to get it spot on first time!!!

I'll have a look at your posts and yes it is very hard, the school is the main thing though.

I had a quick look at one of you posts about costs, I originally researched Melbourne first and I have cost calculate to our lifestyle it took months to get the figures but they seem to be a good guide. If you want them I'll PM them just message me

Thanks

Can anyone in North Lakes or Springfield Lakes get in touch so I can get a little bit of local info on the area

Last edited by neil32; Feb 5th 2014 at 5:25 pm.
Old Feb 5th 2014, 7:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco I had a look at the link you posted.....so one area in budget seems to be springfield as its new development and 28km from city any thoughts on this area?

I need to rent first for a year maybe 2, then I could look to buy closer in, I'll be about $450k (exchange rate depending maybe more)

I seem to have more option buying than renting, but I have to rent first, Brisbane seems an expensive place to rent
I don't know Springfield or what the schools are like. I only really know my little corner in the western suburbs... Jindalee. Kenmore, Indro, Chapel Hill etc...

28 kms into work each day will be a PITA. Another consideration.
Old Feb 5th 2014, 8:34 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Alfresco
I don't know Springfield or what the schools are like. I only really know my little corner in the western suburbs... Jindalee. Kenmore, Indro, Chapel Hill etc...

28 kms into work each day will be a PITA. Another consideration.
Thanks for the reply. The 28km really doesn't bother me to be honest, I currently do 15 mile (24km) a day just now as although I stay close to a city my work is the opposite way...the only advantage is that in Brisbane it won't be cold windy, rain, snow, frost for days and days on end for the winter months

Anyway would log ego hear from anyone in Springfield lakes or North lakes

Last edited by neil32; Feb 5th 2014 at 8:40 pm.
Old Feb 5th 2014, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Children are young it will be primary we are looking at but also need to take the high school in to account. Thankfully we will have about 18 months before they need to go to school so if we rent in a area we feel is not right we can move, ideally I'd like to get it spot on first time!!!

I'll have a look at your posts and yes it is very hard, the school is the main thing though.

I had a quick look at one of you posts about costs, I originally researched Melbourne first and I have cost calculate to our lifestyle it took months to get the figures but they seem to be a good guide. If you want them I'll PM them just message me

Thanks
I have been reading your posts too, you are VERY organised! Good for you, we aren't organised in the slightest! To be honest, I don't think it's sunk in that we are actually going.

Yes I would love to have a look at your guide, cheers Neil, that's very kind.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

Poitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nice

Thanks for the reply. The 28km really doesn't bother me to be honest, I currently do 15 mile (24km) a day just now as although I stay close to a city my work is the opposite way...the only advantage is that in Brisbane it won't be cold windy, rain, snow, frost for days and days on end for the winter months

Anyway would log ego hear from anyone in Springfield lakes or North lakes
Hi Neil, you can pm me if you want info on North Lakes. Not sure exactly what info you need - not read the thread all the way through. Hubby works in city and got kids at the schools in the area.

Poitin
Old Feb 6th 2014, 9:31 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Poitin
Hi Neil, you can pm me if you want info on North Lakes. Not sure exactly what info you need - not read the thread all the way through. Hubby works in city and got kids at the schools in the area.

Poitin
Thanks Poitin I'll get a message too you soon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.