Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane suburbs

Brisbane suburbs

Old Jan 1st 2008, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

HullyBullys is a jewel in the roughHullyBullys is a jewel in the roughHullyBullys is a jewel in the roughHullyBullys is a jewel in the rough
Default Brisbane suburbs

Can any of you Brisbane settlers let me know what you think of the Shailer Park suburb and its neighbouring suburbs?

Seen a few nice houses on realestate and was wondering about the area.

Cheers.
Old Jan 1st 2008, 11:22 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brisbane suburbs

Originally Posted by HullyBullys
Can any of you Brisbane settlers let me know what you think of the Shailer Park suburb and its neighbouring suburbs?

Cheers.
Went to a fair few house viewings over there a couple of years back ... it's OK as far as we could tell, very handy for transport etc but a bit 'burby' for us ...

If you want a bit more space for your money (and a little extra invconvenience & commute time) look out towards Buccan or Wolffdene would be my advice.

Cheers,
Matt
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 12:01 am
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers.
Hey

We are in Shailer Park and very happy to.
Got lovely big house with pool and a big block for a reasonable price.

Close to freeway and all amenities, good schools and plenty of greenery.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 4:51 am
BE Enthusiast

sdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers.
I live in Shailer Park and its fine, we've got the Hyperdome shopping centre with multicinema complex and Piazza area with a pub and restaurants http://www.hyperdomeshopping.com.au/.
Close to Daisy Hill forest for bush walks, BBQ's, Koala Centre (although they could just be stuffed toys nailed to trees) http://www.logan.qld.gov.au/LCC/loga...ill_forest.htm

It's very, very popular because of its proximity to Brisbane and the Gold Coast and is regarded as one of the best suburbs in the area.

About 12% of residents from UK so popular with Brits.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 4:55 am
BE Enthusiast

sdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 4500 Times
Hey

We are in Shailer Park and very happy to.
Got lovely big house with pool and a big block for a reasonable price.

Close to freeway and all amenities, good schools and plenty of greenery.
I see you're from Rochdale, I live in Roselea Street and a mate of mine I drink with down at Slacks Creek Soccer (Football FFS) Club (Usher park near Allamanda Drive shops) is from Rochdale, he lives Coolcrest St, Daisy Hill (off Lyndale). I own Zarraffa's Coffee in the Hyperdome opposite MacDonalds.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

pdima is an unknown quantity at this point

Could you also recommend/comment some Brisbane suburbs, I'll be working in the Eight Mile Plains,
and currently look at Eight Mile Plains, Mt Gravatt/Upper Mt Gravatt, Rochedale, maybe Daisy Hill and Shailer Park.

I'm going to rent house for my family ( we have two sons at the age of 2 and 4 ), I would really appreciate any advices or recommendations.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 7:55 pm
Caroline

Caroline B is on a distinguished road

I live in Greenslopes. Mt Gravatt is nice as is Holland Park. Handy for 8 Miles Plains and the CBD. Mt Gravatt some city views.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pdima
Could you also recommend/comment some Brisbane suburbs, I'll be working in the Eight Mile Plains,
and currently look at Eight Mile Plains, Mt Gravatt/Upper Mt Gravatt, Rochedale, maybe Daisy Hill and Shailer Park.

I'm going to rent house for my family ( we have two sons at the age of 2 and 4 ), I would really appreciate any advices or recommendations.
I live in Shailer Park and work in Eight Mile Plains, takes me ten minutes so no problem. All the suburbs you have mentioned are good, also Springwood. Is there any facilities/amenities you are looking for specifically?
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 7:45 am

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sdunx
I see you're from Rochdale, I live in Roselea Street and a mate of mine I drink with down at Slacks Creek Soccer (Football FFS) Club (Usher park near Allamanda Drive shops) is from Rochdale, he lives Coolcrest St, Daisy Hill (off Lyndale). I own Zarraffa's Coffee in the Hyperdome opposite MacDonalds.

Hey There

I live on Roselea Street. What a coincidence eh !!!!
We go in your coffee shop now and again, (very nice it is to )
Old Jan 4th 2008, 9:49 am
Just Joined

wildbriz is just really nicewildbriz is just really nicewildbriz is just really nicewildbriz is just really nicewildbriz is just really nicewildbriz is just really nicewildbriz is just really nicewildbriz is just really nice

Cheers.
Hi

Just a point, if you are considering living in the Logan City area (Shailer park Springwood etc) it might be worth avoiding the other side of the freeway, west side. Higher unemployment and cheaper housing and rents and trains (no ment offence to those living there).

John Paul school has a very good reputaion but some of the State Schools are not so great.
I've lived in these areas for several years.
regards
wildbriz
Old Jan 5th 2008, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

Dal3 is a name known to allDal3 is a name known to allDal3 is a name known to allDal3 is a name known to allDal3 is a name known to allDal3 is a name known to allDal3 is a name known to allDal3 is a name known to allDal3 is a name known to allDal3 is a name known to allDal3 is a name known to all

hi to all you Shailer Parkers!
we live on Plantain Road and its just so nice to read posts from the locals, we thought we were all alone out here!

</IMG>
Old Jan 5th 2008, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dal3
we live on Plantain Road and its just so nice to read posts from the locals, we thought we were all alone out here!

</IMG>
Well that makes 4 shailer parkers on here I know of now, who'd have thought that! Mind you 12% of the population of Shailer Park is made up of Brits so quite popular for us lot.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

mo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nice

Can anyone recommend good schools in the Shailer Park area? 7 year old and 12 year old boys....... please! Thanks
Old Jan 6th 2008, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

wildbriz is just really nicewildbriz is just really nicewildbriz is just really nicewildbriz is just really nicewildbriz is just really nicewildbriz is just really nicewildbriz is just really nicewildbriz is just really nice

Originally Posted by mo33
Can anyone recommend good schools in the Shailer Park area? 7 year old and 12 year old boys....... please! Thanks
Hi

Shailer Park High School was a reasonable school, might be worth checking out, and convenient too. Savage Gardens Daniel Jones used to go there from what I remember. http://shaiparkshs.eq.edu.au/wcmss/
There is a primary school in the area as well Shailer Park Primary School -
+61 73209 7200

Chatswood Hills State primary is reasonably close but not too sure about how good it is, wasn't too good for a son of a friend of mine.
I suggest avoid the schools on the other side of the freeway (west side)
Hope this helps,
Tom
Old Jan 6th 2008, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by Dal3

</IMG>
Maybe we should arrange a get together then eh ?? that would be fun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.