Reload this Page >

Brisbane Suburbs

Brisbane Suburbs

Old Sep 19th 2007, 1:34 am
Banned

NewOZ will become famous soon enoughNewOZ will become famous soon enough
Default Brisbane Suburbs

Hi
Which is the best suburb to live in Brisbane?
(new, close CBD, public trans., quiet, etc.)
Old Sep 19th 2007, 1:47 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Brisbane Suburbs

This question comes up a lot. If you do a quick search on this forum you'll find lots of discussion about it.

There is no best suburb. Everyone on here has different tasts, styles, budgets and requirements. So what's right for you may be totally wrong for someone else.

What might help is if you could answer the following:

1. Are you looking for new parts of town or just new subdivisions, or would older areas that have been updated work? Also...define new, how old of a neighbourhood do you want to be in?

2. How close to the CBD? Do you want a commute of 20 min or less, or say less than 40 or 60 minutes?

3. What kind of public transportation do you want. Trains only, or would buses be ok? There's also the city cat water taxis along the river.

4. Definte quiet. Do you want a slower paced area, or just a quiet neighbourhood?

5. What kind of housing do you want and what sort of budget are you looking at? You may find your budget may be the biggest factor in the suburbs you have to choose from.

I'd have a look here and see what you can find out:
http://www.ourbrisbane.com/living/suburbs/
http://www.realestate.com.au

We're in the Bayside area which isn't on there because it's not exactly a suburb of Brisbane. We love it here, it's relatively quiet and very pretty. The transportation is all right but it's fairly far from the CBD. It works for us but might not for other people.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 5:20 am
Just Joined

Scott_Bennett is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi i am also living in the Bayside suburbs and this site was recomended to me by one of your fellow expats living in the Bayside or Redlands part of Brisbane.

I have lived here for the last 10 years and dont think i will ever leave!

If you are thinking of a move to this part of Brisbane have a look at www.elderscleveland.com.au for information about living in this part of the world, particularly the "community information" Page, where you can source local schools, weather, things to do and pretty much anything else that is happening in the area
Old Sep 19th 2007, 6:17 am
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by NewOZ
Hi
Which is the best suburb to live in Brisbane?
(new, close CBD, public trans., quiet, etc.)

Newstead
Old Sep 19th 2007, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

emmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by doub
Newstead
Newstead is lovely - you need to have $900,000 for a apartment!