Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane Suburbs

Brisbane Suburbs

Old May 7th 2004, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

thewoods is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brisbane Suburbs

FOR ALL THOSE LIVING IN BRISBANE - WHICH SUBURB DO YOU LIVE IN AND WHY?

thanks in advance
Old May 7th 2004, 7:07 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

WE LIVE NEAR MANLY

Cos we like it down here
Old May 7th 2004, 7:34 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
WE LIVE NEAR MANLY

Cos we like it down here

I was up nr Manly and Wynnum a couple of weeks ago nice
Old May 7th 2004, 7:34 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

We live in Wellington Point......because its close to the sea, has nice houses, and has lots of cafes, bars and restaurants close by!!!
Old May 7th 2004, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

thewoods is an unknown quantity at this point

what are the suburbs to aviod???ambiguos question , i know - northside and southside i presume is north and south of cbd??

if so what in distance from top of northside to bottom of southside?? and same again from west to east??
Old May 7th 2004, 7:52 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, dont know all of the distances, only that we're about 16km east of cbd, but south of the river
Old May 7th 2004, 7:58 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by thewoods
what are the suburbs to aviod???ambiguos question , i know - northside and southside i presume is north and south of cbd??

if so what in distance from top of northside to bottom of southside?? and same again from west to east??
About 30kms south to Beenleigh, about 40kms north to Caboolture. Directly east is about 15kms as michaela has said, west - depends!

My suggestions would be to stay away from anywhere in Logan City, anywhere in Ipswich, Darra, Wacol, Inala, Carole Park. Oh & Deception Bay, affectionately known as Depression Bay by some people on the forum . Id also be dubious of some parts of Caboolture too, but dont know enough to point out specific bits.
Old May 7th 2004, 7:59 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Suburbs to avoid? Woodridge, Kingston, Inala...to a lesser extent Marsden, Loganlea, Oxley, Goodna....

In saying that, I lived in Woodridge, and in the Woodridge area for about 7-8 years, and never had a drama. It's definitely a lower class part of Brisbane (well, Logan actually) but has its nice areas, mainly in the hilly areas north of Smith Rd where my parents lived.

Kingston has more housing commission type places, but it too, has OK areas.

Inala doesn't have any redeeming features AFAIK. Maybe things have changed.

I lived in Bowen Hills on Cowlishaw St ages too, just after the destruction of Cloudland. It's an old and established and very quaint area, full of possums, mango trees, winos and chamferboard homes...

Distances? Woodridge is 20 odd stations south of Brisbane, about 18-20km down the Pacific Hwy and then Logan Road. Kingston is the next suburb down, then you hit Loganlea and Marsden.

Inala is off the main road to Ipswich down Archerfield Road, et al, sort of hangs off to the south. It's about 14 or so km to the west to south-west of Brisbane.

Hope this helps.
Old May 7th 2004, 8:05 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of
Default Re: Brisbane Suburbs

FOR ALL THOSE LIVING IN BRISBANE - WHICH SUBURB DO YOU LIVE IN AND WHY?

thanks in advance
Some friends of ours that came to Perth in September disliked Perth so went off to Brisbane. I spoke to her on the phone last week and she said compared to Perth it was paradise. The shops stay open late, you still see people walking around the streets after 6pm, etc etc. Then they went back to the UK!!??

Whats up, have you had enough of Perth? Sounds like Brisbane could be more happening than here.

We leave on 26th of May hope you are well and the kids?
Old May 7th 2004, 8:35 am
Rocket Scientist

Hmmmmmm forgot Eagleby on my list, sort of blends in with Logan. Wouldnt touch it with a 10 foot barge pole. Also Goodna as Ulu mentioned, although thats really part of Ipswich.
Old May 7th 2004, 8:37 am
ABCDiamond

We live in Victoria Point, because we like it here

Quiet, out of the way, plenty of shops, only an hour from the CBD, 2 mins to the beach.

And i've got a nice house here so I'm happy

Old May 7th 2004, 8:37 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Forgot all about Eagleby lol.
Ipswich itself has some not so hot parts as well.
Old May 7th 2004, 8:44 am
Rocket Scientist

Originally posted by Ulujain
Forgot all about Eagleby lol.
Can understand it, Eagleby is very forgettable .

OH & btw, your point about Inala is still true - no redeeming features what-so-ever .
Old May 7th 2004, 9:51 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

We're in Clayfield - northside, near the Gateway motorway and the airport; lovely area, prices going up very fast though....we'll have to go downmarket to actually buy somewhere
Old May 7th 2004, 9:54 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Inala and Marsden are DIRE !!! they make badboys what ya gonna do tv proggy seem aussie reality !

I also dislike Mt Gravvatt

Oh and incidentally heres the suburb map of brissy just dont know where i get em , look below

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.