Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane - Springfield lakes area or North lakes area

Brisbane - Springfield lakes area or North lakes area

Old Feb 18th 2014, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

TimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Brisbane - Springfield lakes area or North lakes area

Originally Posted by neil32
Looking on google maps it would appear so

Anyone know what the area is like?
My opinion, is Griffin is set to BOOM !

Its possibly the most understated waterfront area along the brisbane coastline, aside from Beachmere. Cept, Griffin is so close to the highways.

I actually contacted council 5 years ago, to see if they have plans for Northbound slip rd, they said No lol
Old Feb 18th 2014, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

TimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle
The whole looking for an area to live in whilst not being able to actively, physically do it your self is a bloody nightmare. And having spent houuuuursss, looking on the net, taking tips off people, I'm no wiser, but still very grateful for all the help that's been given to me, it's just a mind field though, you have to admit.

So.............if any one knows a place that fits my criteria, please let me know.

* decent size houses, ( possibly 4 bed but not essential ) that aren't dropping to bits, certainly not a huge garden but big enough to eat/ entertain outside. We have said 600 per week rent for something like this, is it possible?

* good high schools ( very important )

* low crime ( very important for me this one )

* good sport facilities and or sports clubs nearby or not too far away

* within 1 hour 30 min trip to the city in peak time. Either by car or train

So does this place exist ANYWHERE in Australia?

Ormiston / Cleveland

Ormiston would be my advice ! Its a beaut little enclave.
Old Feb 18th 2014, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TimbersBack
Ormiston / Cleveland

Thanks very much Timber! I'll have a look at that.
Old Feb 18th 2014, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks very much Timber! I'll have a look at that.
Dont tell anyone, baysiders like to keep Ormiston a secret
Old Feb 18th 2014, 8:36 pm
Banned

neil32 is an unknown quantity at this point

My opinion, is Griffin is set to BOOM !

Its possibly the most understated waterfront area along the brisbane coastline, aside from Beachmere. Cept, Griffin is so close to the highways.

I actually contacted council 5 years ago, to see if they have plans for Northbound slip rd, they said No lol
Maybe once it BOOM's they will think about northbound access, I suppose for the commute the southbound is what you need.

So is Griffin a new development area also, do you think it will build up and meet mango hill. I think mango hill and north lakes will be a lot better once the train station is completed and there is talk of shuttle buses around the area to the station.
Old Feb 18th 2014, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Dont tell anyone, baysiders like to keep Ormiston a secret

OK, your secret's safe with me......
Old Feb 18th 2014, 8:41 pm
Banned

Ormiston / Cleveland

These area's also seem to be about 27km out whats the commute like or is there better transport links?
Old Feb 18th 2014, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

These area's also seem to be about 27km out whats the commute like or is there better transport links?
Shhh neil, it's a secret! . There's a direct train into the city about an hour it takes from what I've just read, it looks good so far!
Old Feb 18th 2014, 10:25 pm
Banned

Shhh neil, it's a secret! . There's a direct train into the city about an hour it takes from what I've just read, it looks good so far!
ha

Nothing in my budget anyway just had a little look
Old Feb 18th 2014, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

ha

Nothing in my budget anyway just had a little look
What have you had a look on?
Old Feb 18th 2014, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Also, can I ask why you are in such a rush to buy? Do you think it's wise? I know it's your choice etc...but do you not think it would be a little hasty to jump straight in and buy without really getting to know the area first.

Please don't think I'm being critical, I just wondered what your reasons are for wanting to buy quickly?
Old Feb 18th 2014, 11:00 pm
Banned

Also, can I ask why you are in such a rush to buy? Do you think it's wise? I know it's your choice etc...but do you not think it would be a little hasty to jump straight in and buy without really getting to know the area first.

Please don't think I'm being critical, I just wondered what your reasons are for wanting to buy quickly?
I'm looking at renting first for about 2 years, I will have a better buying power when I bring money over from the UK, but for now its is the rental market I am looking at. However as we both need to work I need to find a good place were if needed we can move within locally and not have to change nursery etc as most have some form of waiting list
Old Feb 18th 2014, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'm looking at renting first for about 2 years, I will have a better buying power when I bring money over from the UK, but for now its is the rental market I am looking at. However as we both need to work I need to find a good place were if needed we can move within locally and not have to change nursery etc as most have some form of waiting list
Oh right, I get you now.

I thought you were wanting to buy as soon as.

When are you hoping to go Neil?
Old Feb 19th 2014, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

@Neil I am no expert on Mango Hill, but from recollection its predominantly flat rural land with one or two streets lol. Blink and you miss it, but I daresay since last I was there they have expanded it beyond recognition.

Ormiston is on the Cleveland line, so direct access to the city in about 1 hr 10 mins.

Wakerley may be worth looking at, all new homes. Good growing area of young families.
Old Feb 19th 2014, 11:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

The whole looking for an area to live in whilst not being able to actively, physically do it your self is a bloody nightmare. And having spent houuuuursss, looking on the net, taking tips off people, I'm no wiser, but still very grateful for all the help that's been given to me, it's just a mind field though, you have to admit.

So.............if any one knows a place that fits my criteria, please let me know.

* decent size houses, ( possibly 4 bed but not essential ) that aren't dropping to bits, certainly not a huge garden but big enough to eat/ entertain outside. We have said 600 per week rent for something like this, is it possible?

* good high schools ( very important )

* low crime ( very important for me this one )

* good sport facilities and or sports clubs nearby or not too far away

* within 1 hour 30 min trip to the city in peak time. Either by car or train

So does this place exist ANYWHERE in Australia?

Plenty of places like this in Brisbane. If you want govt high schools you are better, on average, sticking closer to town. Further out they seem to get worse (on average) and many spend on private schools instead.

The inner west has many of the best state high schools, so you might look at The Gap, Kenmore and Indooroopilly. They rank higher than many private schools.

For example, The Gap is a low crime area with great state primary and high schools, 30 mins from the CBD on a bus in peak hour with swimming, equestrian, golf, road cycling, running, football, athletics, mountain biking etc clubs. Your budget should be enough to get a decent home.

It starts only 8km from the city so while quiet itself, it is also very accessible to the facilities of inner Brisbane.

It is also next to a national park and surrounded by beautiful nature.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.