Reload this Page >

Brisbane Southern Suburbs

Brisbane Southern Suburbs

Old Dec 14th 2003, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

Kelpiegirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brisbane Southern Suburbs

Hi everyone,

I'm new here. I'm moving to Brisbane in a few months time, but am not sure which suburb to go to.

Any ideas on what would be a nice suburb for a young couple, close to public transport, shops, cinema and everything. We want to spend up to $200 per week on rent for a 3-bedroom brick house with backyard.

I seem to find a lot of properties in the following areas: Logan-Marsden-Browns Plains-Crestmead-Callamvale? Does anyone know these areas?

Thanks for your help!

Kelpiegirl
Old Dec 15th 2003, 12:10 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane Southern Suburbs

Originally posted by Kelpiegirl
Hi everyone,

I'm new here. I'm moving to Brisbane in a few months time, but am not sure which suburb to go to.

Any ideas on what would be a nice suburb for a young couple, close to public transport, shops, cinema and everything. We want to spend up to $200 per week on rent for a 3-bedroom brick house with backyard.

I seem to find a lot of properties in the following areas: Logan-Marsden-Browns Plains-Crestmead-Callamvale? Does anyone know these areas?

Thanks for your help!

Kelpiegirl
Hi Kelpiegirl,

Perhaps you should read this thread Whats wrong with Logan? & then see if you still want to live there .

If you want to get an idea about other suburbs have a look at this thread Know anything about Brisbane , lots of nice places to live. But to be honest, you wont get much to rent outside Logan City for the sort of money you want to pay. If that is honestly all you can afford then I would suggest Calamvale & probably Hillcrest or Browns Plains as your best bet for what you want. Theres almost no public transport apart from a pretty poor bus service, but at least you are close to a shopping mall & cinema.

Good luck.
Old Dec 15th 2003, 12:55 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Brisbane Southern Suburbs

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your help!

Kelpiegirl
Hi there,
You could try the Alexandra Hills and Capalaba area's, you may find something in that price, and they are near all shops etc.

Try this Rental Property Link

or This one

Redland Bay, Cleveland & Victoria Point sometimes have rentals under $200pw, but the area is just a bit further out, and the closest cinema is in Capalaba, at the moment. But nice areas all the same.

Old Dec 15th 2003, 6:27 am
Just Joined

Kelpiegirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

thanks for the replies. It's quite hard when you don't know the city. I'll have a good look on the internet before we decide. My hubbie is going first, so he'll have a look around Brissie in person. I'm going a few months after him.

In Brissie, is the north or the south generally the better area?

I know in Perth the north is better than the south (where we lived, so I don't want to make the same mistake). In Melbourne the east is better than the west.

Best regards,
Kelpiegirl
Old Dec 15th 2003, 7:02 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys,

thanks for the replies. It's quite hard when you don't know the city. I'll have a good look on the internet before we decide. My hubbie is going first, so he'll have a look around Brissie in person. I'm going a few months after him.

In Brissie, is the north or the south generally the better area?

I know in Perth the north is better than the south (where we lived, so I don't want to make the same mistake). In Melbourne the east is better than the west.

Best regards,
Kelpiegirl
Kelpie, in general the north is considered to be *better*. But that only really applies if you care about that sort of stuff .

There are plenty of excellent suburbs in the south, east & west. The "north vs south" thing is really nothing more than snob value in my opinion ie in general, suburbs that are a similar radius from the city both north & south (up to say 15 kms) will have a similar sort of price range. There are of course exceptions, but in general theres not a huge of difference.