Reload this Page >

Brisbane Snow Photo

Brisbane Snow Photo

Old Jun 8th 2004, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

jwatsonoz will become famous soon enough
Default Brisbane Snow Photo

Hi,

Somebody posted a photo ages ago showing a "brisbane" sign with loads of snow on it. I think it was Brisbane canada - it doesn't snow in oz Brissie.

However, I wanted to wind some people up back home and wondered if anybody could find it....I've searched but not come up with anything

thanks
Old Jun 8th 2004, 5:11 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Brisbane Snow Photo

Originally posted by jwatsonoz
Hi,

Somebody posted a photo ages ago showing a "brisbane" sign with loads of snow on it. I think it was Brisbane canada - it doesn't snow in oz Brissie.

However, I wanted to wind some people up back home and wondered if anybody could find it....I've searched but not come up with anything

thanks
Perhaps it was taken in "Ice world". A couple of years back they had something called "ice world" down at the GC. One of the blokes in work here took his children to it.. he went dressed only in shorts and thongs.. and said he was bl**dy freezing.. I had to laugh, of course it's cold it's ice and snow !!! He had to borrow a big coat and such from the vendors. Anyway, if it's a real pic perhaps that's where it was taken.
Old Jun 8th 2004, 5:21 am
ABCDiamond

Info from the Emergency Management Australia Disasters database

01/01/1871 Qld - Brisbane - Snow fell, in minute quantities, in the Brisbane Botanical Gardens.

Old Jun 8th 2004, 5:33 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by ABCDiamond

01/01/1871 Qld - Brisbane - Snow fell, in minute quantities, in the Brisbane Botanical Gardens.
ahh.. do you know someone told me in work that they did have snow many years ago here in Brisbane.. I thought he was winding me up... or lying.

so it's true!

I find it's funny in it's in the "disaster database" though.. you can just imagine people getting worked up at seeing this odd white stuff..
Old Jun 8th 2004, 6:42 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Well theres no chance of bloody snow so far this winter - its still like summer here! I put the fire on last night & ended up having doors & windows open cos it was hot .
Old Jun 9th 2004, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

jwatsonoz will become famous soon enough

so...it really has snowed in Brisbane... 1871

That is amazing!

Anybody seen the picture that I was on about?

all the best

Originally posted by ABCDiamond