Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane Skinny-dipping

Brisbane Skinny-dipping

Old Nov 11th 2003, 3:09 am
Just Joined

byebyeuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brisbane Skinny-dipping

hi, wondered if anyone knew of a beach anywhere within a 2.5hr drive of brisbane where me and my partner could go for some skinny-dipping. we are looking for somewhere isolated, i.e. not a nudist beach, just somewhere we can get our own privacy.

been told possibly seven mile beach down at lennox head, or even on bribie island. whadya reckon???
Old Nov 11th 2003, 3:17 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brisbane Skinny-dipping

Originally posted by byebyeuk
hi, wondered if anyone knew of a beach anywhere within a 2.5hr drive of brisbane where me and my partner could go for some skinny-dipping. we are looking for somewhere isolated, i.e. not a nudist beach, just somewhere we can get our own privacy.

been told possibly seven mile beach down at lennox head, or even on bribie island. whadya reckon???
Why within 2.5hrs, wouldn't you drive 3hrs for a skinny dip
Old Nov 11th 2003, 3:20 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Noosa has a nudist beach.. tell you what do it at Bribie and I'll get my camera..lol

I can't think of a beach anywhere near Brisbne where it is really isolated.. you will always see people on a beach.. what do you think this is .. western Aus??? There are people everywhere.

out of interest why do you want to do it? lol .. go to a nudist beach.
Old Nov 11th 2003, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

rachels is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I was at the Gold Coast (approx 1.5 hours drive from Brisbane depending on which part you're going to) this weekend and there are definitely beaches there where you can skinny dip! We stayed at Burleigh Heads and I was reliably informed by a local that there are beaches just a little further on where you can please yourselves and have some privacy. They are not nudist beaches (which i agree are a slightly different notion), just isolated spots where you and your partner could frolick freely.

You go for it!
Old Nov 11th 2003, 8:59 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

There's a beach just north of Sunshine beach in Noosa. I can't quite remember, but i think its called Alexandra beach? Its in a secluded bay, with the oyster rocks on one side, and hells gate on the other.

There is a 1.2 - 2 k walk to access the beach, and hence its normally pretty quiet. When we were there last there were only a few ppl there. Walking up the beach towards the rocks (i was going fishing...) a bloke appeared out of nowhere in the nip !

He was the only nekkid person i saw there.....but could it be the nudist beach Ceri mentioned??
Old Nov 11th 2003, 9:04 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Just found a map.

Its called Alexandria bay. Really is gorgeous, well worth the walk, and as i said, normally quiet due to the walk to get there.

You can access the footpath from the northern end of Sunshine Beach (which is a suburb of Noosa, not the beach itself).
Attached Thumbnails Brisbane Skinny-dipping-map.jpg  
Old Nov 11th 2003, 9:31 am
WBB

i am going it is as simple as that......i'm going to let it all hang out.

Old Nov 11th 2003, 10:19 am
Badge

Originally posted by welshboybilly
i am going it is as simple as that......i'm going to let it all hang out.

yeah go mate - it wouldn't be a big issue, after all

Old Nov 11th 2003, 10:47 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Alexandria Bay is the one Ceri was referring to as well as PeteY. Its a well known nudist beach, not exactly secluded, especially on the weekend in the middle of summer! Its also known as a haunt for surfers (& some gays as well Im told by a gay friend).

Rachels, not sure where on earth on the Gold Coast it would be secluded enough to be able to skinnydip LOL. Unless its down alot further. Gold Coast is always as busy as hell!

Only way you would do it on Bribie would be to 4wd up the other end to some of the more remote parts I would think.

My only other suggestion would be 4wd to top end of Cooloola National Park (Double Island Point) during the week. Thats pretty secluded, have tried it out myself . But on weekends its as busy as everywhere else.
Old Nov 11th 2003, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

I heard they do it at South Bank

That should be a sight for the locals!!

Old Nov 11th 2003, 8:11 pm
WBB

Originally posted by badgersmount
yeah go mate - it wouldn't be a big issue, after all

lol

excuse me but this would be a BIG issue

Old Nov 11th 2003, 8:14 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

OOOOoooohhhhh!!!
You SAUCY devils!!
whatever you do, if you find somewhere dont tell anyone!!
how romantic.......Myself on the other hand, would only wish to be on a secluded beach with some dishy filmstar (oh dont go down that road again!)
hang on....are you planning some big proposal!!??!!?? C'mon, spill the beans...

Sue
Old Nov 11th 2003, 11:37 pm
Just Joined

Hehe

No, nothing like that. It was her idea actually. We don't have much time left together because she's going travelling for a couple of months, so we just wanted to make the most of the time we have before she goes

Anyway, I also agree that the Gold Coast sounds like the last place you'd find a secluded beach.

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
OOOOoooohhhhh!!!
You SAUCY devils!!
whatever you do, if you find somewhere dont tell anyone!!
how romantic.......Myself on the other hand, would only wish to be on a secluded beach with some dishy filmstar (oh dont go down that road again!)
hang on....are you planning some big proposal!!??!!?? C'mon, spill the beans...

Sue
Old Nov 12th 2003, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

rachels is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyway, I also agree that the Gold Coast sounds like the last place you'd find a secluded beach.

Bl*ody hell, I was only trying to help! We were there THIS WEEKEND and it was not "busy as hell". At one of the beaches there was only 4 people including myself and partner. (Or maybe I got all confused and it was a mirage and there were thousands of people hiding behind the trees just waiting for us to get undressed.....)
Old Nov 12th 2003, 12:36 am
Just Joined

Sorry. Didn't mean to offend. I know you were only trying to help. It's just that I can't think of anywhere down there. It's pretty built up all the way to Tweed Heads. Maybe further down towards Murwillimbah (sp?) there may be.

Even one person is too many. Have you seen the fines for being caught naked!!!

Originally posted by rachels
Bl*ody hell, I was only trying to help! We were there THIS WEEKEND and it was not "busy as hell". At one of the beaches there was only 4 people including myself and partner. (Or maybe I got all confused and it was a mirage and there were thousands of people hiding behind the trees just waiting for us to get undressed.....)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.