Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

brisbane short term accommodation

brisbane short term accommodation

Old Jan 2nd 2006, 11:30 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice
Default brisbane short term accommodation

hey all.

happy new year and all that.

i have a dilema. my mum has surprised me over xmas and informed me she is coming to visit so she can attend my citizenship ceremony on australia day. however, i don't have anywhere for her to stay - i live in a one-bedroom apartment, and my gf is moving in the same weekend she arrives. there really isn't any option that she can stay at mine, and she's here for 2.5 weeks, so she'd end up paying a small fortune for a hotel.

anyone have any ideas??

cheers,
brisnick
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 11:47 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: brisbane short term accommodation

Originally Posted by brisnick
hey all.

i have a dilema. my mum has surprised me over xmas and informed me she is coming to visit so she can attend my citizenship ceremony on australia day. however, i don't have anywhere for her to stay - i live in a one-bedroom apartment, and my gf is moving in the same weekend she arrives. there really isn't any option that she can stay at mine, and she's here for 2.5 weeks, so she'd end up paying a small fortune for a hotel.

anyone have any ideas??

cheers,
brisnick

You could try here
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 11:51 pm
birmingham to brisbane

cam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nice

Originally Posted by fraser
You could try here

the manhatten apts rent out by the week .. just 5mins from brisbane city centre ...

we're breaking lease and could do with someone taking our apartment from the 14th jan

edit: they are in newstead by the way
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 12:41 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

What sort of price range are you thinking??
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 12:47 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

This link should keep you busy for a while!

http://directory.ourbrisbane.com/dir...ies/10081.html
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 12:49 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

cheap

figured i can get a hotel for $588/wk (goodearth, where she has stayed before), so that's around $1500 for the 18 days she is here.

something cheaper than that. the link fraser put - cheers - is $440/wk

she only has basic needs.

Originally Posted by BKate
What sort of price range are you thinking??
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 1:07 am
Paddington Brisbane

This is another good site http://www.seqrents.com.au/ or i always use www.wotif.com if you can wait till a week before she arrives.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 1:26 am
ABCDiamond

cheap

figured i can get a hotel for $588/wk (goodearth, where she has stayed before), so that's around $1500 for the 18 days she is here.

something cheaper than that. the link fraser put - cheers - is $440/wk

she only has basic needs.
Makes me tempted to start letting out our spare bedrooms

Old Jan 3rd 2006, 9:36 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

hey all.

anyone have any ideas??

cheers,
brisnick
Try Ozstays or Babs.com.au

Hope this helps

Cheers

Ginny