Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane school of hairdressing ?

Brisbane school of hairdressing ?

Old Jan 8th 2007, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Tweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to all
Default Brisbane school of hairdressing ?

Hi,

We have been looking into maybe me doing Hairdressing on a student visa in OZ due to hubby recently turning 35 and losing the 5 points needed for a PR visa
Have Found this one (Brisbane school of hairdressing on the gold coast) when looking for courses.
Has anyone done their training with them by any chance?? And if so are they any good ??
Or can anyone recomend who they have trained with on the Gold Coast??

Thanks in advance

Laura
Old Jan 8th 2007, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Brisbane school of hairdressing ?

Originally Posted by Tweenies
Hi,

We have been looking into maybe me doing Hairdressing on a student visa in OZ due to hubby recently turning 35 and losing the 5 points needed for a PR visa
Have Found this one (Brisbane school of hairdressing on the gold coast) when looking for courses.
Has anyone done their training with them by any chance?? And if so are they any good ??

Thanks in advance

Laura
Hi

I have just applied for this course at the Brisbane school of Hairdressing. They are very friendly and helpful and after lots of research it seemed the best one. I am starting at the end of March (as long as the sale of my house completes) Can't wait getting very excited as it's almost happening now!

Esther
Old Jan 8th 2007, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Tweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to all

Wow Best of luck...thats not too long away
It would be great to hear what you think once you have started the course....that's if you are not too busy
Yes it does sound like the best one after reading lots of them after googling Hairdressing !! Just wanted to ask peep too just in case lol

Is it just you going or do you have hubby and kids too?
Anyway best of luck and thanks for the reply

Laura
Old Jan 8th 2007, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

peterinblack has a brilliant futurepeterinblack has a brilliant futurepeterinblack has a brilliant futurepeterinblack has a brilliant futurepeterinblack has a brilliant futurepeterinblack has a brilliant futurepeterinblack has a brilliant future

Hi Laura
my wife is doing course at brisbane school of hairdressing in city centre
says course is okay 3days a week after first 8 weeks people have told her that school in city is better than gold coast but dont know personaly it is a bummer that your spouce can only work 20hrs per so be prepared financially if you have school age kids be prepared for school fees ours this year are $16000 aus dollars for two girls
year 3 and 7.
any questions pm me and i will get agnes to answer you would have got her to do this if she was not asleep.
peter
Old Jan 8th 2007, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light

Wow Best of luck...thats not too long away
It would be great to hear what you think once you have started the course....that's if you are not too busy
Yes it does sound like the best one after reading lots of them after googling Hairdressing !! Just wanted to ask peep too just in case lol

Is it just you going or do you have hubby and kids too?
Anyway best of luck and thanks for the reply

Laura
Hi Laura

We chose the Gold Coast as it seems that apartment rentals are cheaper here than in Brisbane, and we wanted to be close to the sea. It is me and my boyfriend who are going, and we don't know anyone in that area, but I'm sure it will be worth it. Will definately keep you posted on how I get along
Old Jan 8th 2007, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by peterinblack
Hi Laura
my wife is doing course at brisbane school of hairdressing in city centre
says course is okay 3days a week after first 8 weeks people have told her that school in city is better than gold coast but dont know personaly it is a bummer that your spouce can only work 20hrs per so be prepared financially if you have school age kids be prepared for school fees ours this year are $16000 aus dollars for two girls
year 3 and 7.
any questions pm me and i will get agnes to answer you would have got her to do this if she was not asleep.
peter

Thanks for your reply Peter.
Glad the course is okay, 3 days a week is good...is that week days only?
We have 3 children ages 8, 6 and 3 (so two are school fees and have been told approx $8,000 each a year)
Have your children settled into school okay.....Hope so ?

Thanks again Laura
Old Jan 8th 2007, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sambo76
Hi Laura

We chose the Gold Coast as it seems that apartment rentals are cheaper here than in Brisbane, and we wanted to be close to the sea. It is me and my boyfriend who are going, and we don't know anyone in that area, but I'm sure it will be worth it. Will definately keep you posted on how I get along
Thank You.....will be great to hear how you settle and if course is ok....Best of luck with your move and i am more than sure you will make friends really quickly especially on a hairdressing course !!

Laura
Old Jan 8th 2007, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

peterinblack has a brilliant futurepeterinblack has a brilliant futurepeterinblack has a brilliant futurepeterinblack has a brilliant futurepeterinblack has a brilliant futurepeterinblack has a brilliant futurepeterinblack has a brilliant future

Thanks for your reply Peter.
Glad the course is okay, 3 days a week is good...is that week days only?
We have 3 children ages 8, 6 and 3 (so two are school fees and have been told approx $8,000 each a year)
Have your children settled into school okay.....Hope so ?

Thanks again Laura
yes its 3 week days 2 in the salon and one in the class room
our kids have settled great and love the school were in chermside in the north of brisbane you have to buy all jotters and stationary for school but inform the school that you choose that queensland education pay for text books
also any educational school trips are paid for by queensland education we know people on the course who wernt informed of this and were paying for all trips thats what you pay the school fees for some schools dont make you aware of this.
there is a member on here under jim& sue who is doing the course at the gold coast they may have more info on school there.
peter
Old Jan 8th 2007, 8:03 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

I take the kids into there whenever we're in Brizzy, seems like a nice place in which to train. (Daughter had foils last time and felt very grown up ) Not been to their Gold Coast salon sorry.

The students seem a happy bunch and very friendly, the tutors (who look like right characters) seem to have an easy going relationship with them.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 8:05 pm
The Murphsters

The Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to all

Hi,

We are going to Brisbane area next month (not sure what area yet!), My hubby has a job already and i have got no idea what i am going to do for work yet. I was thinking that with the complete change of life we are going to have that might be the opportunity for me to try a new direction, and was thinking about something like this. It would be nice to hear some feedback on how this course goes for you.

Thanks

Sara
Old Jan 8th 2007, 8:19 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks in advance

Laura
My friend Is doing the course at Gold coast location and is getting on very well, he seems to like it and has learnt loads

he did lots of research too and found it to be the best one

Jane
x
Old Feb 10th 2007, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply.....(sorry only just read your reply ....oooops)
It looks like we will be going around July time (starting the course in the September)....will let everyone know what it is like when i know
Old Feb 10th 2007, 6:59 pm
Tiger Barker

tigerbarker is on a distinguished road

Hi

I'm starting at the Brisbane school in March also. It's a real change of direction for me and I'm really looking forward to it. The 20 hrs a week issue is a bummer although the OH is thrilled. He says he's looking forward to sitting on the man made beach with the kids every day!!

I'll let you know how it goes if you like.

Tiger
Old Feb 11th 2007, 4:58 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jane and Russ Middleton
My friend
Awww bless! ...

Yeah I've been doing the course at the Gold Coast Campus since March 06.

From what I know the Brisbane campus doesn't have half the 'walk in' cliental that the GC one does, so you end up doing most of your work on mannequins. Also class sizes are a lot bigger in Brisbane and sometimes 30 to a class! My class at the GC campus was considered big at 10 people. The following enrollment was one person!

Old Feb 11th 2007, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi,It's great to see a pic of the salon !!
Have you enjoyed doing it ? are the people teaching you nice ?? I haven't any experience whats soever in hairdressing...will this matter ??
Sorry for all the Questions !!!

I am a little worried about doing the course with a view to PR incase it is took of the MODL list in the mean time !!!
We are maybe looking at coming in July on a tourist visa with a view to if we like it.....applying for a student visa onshore...... starting the course in September.

I have read that you are now applying for PR.....Hope it all goes smoothly for you Best of luck!

Laura

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.