Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane Rentals With A Pool

Brisbane Rentals With A Pool

Old Apr 12th 2007, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

WILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud of
Default Brisbane Rentals With A Pool

Hello everyone,
we will hopefully be in Brisbane about July/August of this year. Hoping to rent around Upper Coomera, however looking at the rentals there does'nt seem to be many 4 bed houses available with a pool. As you can imagine we have promised kids a pool. There appears to be alot of new rental properties but without the pool!
Has anyone rented this year around this area and managed to achieve a pool?
Hope to hear from you soon
Kindest regards
Janex
Old Apr 12th 2007, 10:58 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane Rentals With A Pool

Tis far too cold for a pool in Brisbane Jane.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

Daka is an unknown quantity at this point

Rentals with a pool are very thin on the ground - depends on what you want pay as well. I saw one but that was $500pw.

I've even seen several rentals without air con, one had no ceiling fans either.
They also come without appliances e.g fridge,washer, dishwasher. We were dissapointed with all the rentals we looked at and have ended up buying straight away (North Brisbane). It means we stay in the apartment for a few more weeks, but then shouldn't have to move again after 6-12 months.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

WILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Daka
Rentals with a pool are very thin on the ground - depends on what you want pay as well. I saw one but that was $500pw.

I've even seen several rentals without air con, one had no ceiling fans either.
They also come without appliances e.g fridge,washer, dishwasher. We were dissapointed with all the rentals we looked at and have ended up buying straight away (North Brisbane). It means we stay in the apartment for a few more weeks, but then shouldn't have to move again after 6-12 months.
Thanks for the reply, I was under the impression that you could not get a mortgage straight away? How long have you been in Brisbane? Are you located anywhere around North Lakes? because I thought the area seemed very nice.
I would also like to buy as soon as we are sure of the area but have still been advised to rent for at least 12 months...
Thanks again
Janex
Old Apr 12th 2007, 11:49 pm
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Most areas have leisure centres with pools, I'm sure it's not essential that you get a rental with a pool in the yard.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 12:45 am
Back in the UK

alicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond repute

Water restrictions in Queensland are also getting strict with pools.

'# Pools - From 1 July, only top up existing swimming pools from town water as a last resort and only where a rainwater tank or downpipe rainwater diverter is fitted and the premises complies with three of the following - a swimming pool cover, water efficient taps and showerheads, water efficient toilets, water efficient washing machine' http://www.qwc.qld.gov.au/Level+5+restrictions

I would guess that landlords might increase rents even higher to cover the costs of installing water efficient taps etc, the swimming pool covers and rainwater tanks.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

Jayne_sunrise is just really niceJayne_sunrise is just really niceJayne_sunrise is just really niceJayne_sunrise is just really niceJayne_sunrise is just really niceJayne_sunrise is just really niceJayne_sunrise is just really niceJayne_sunrise is just really nice

Originally Posted by WILKINSONS
Hello everyone,
we will hopefully be in Brisbane about July/August of this year. Hoping to rent around Upper Coomera, however looking at the rentals there does'nt seem to be many 4 bed houses available with a pool. As you can imagine we have promised kids a pool. There appears to be alot of new rental properties but without the pool!
Kindest regards
Janex
Hi Jane,

Upper Coomera, Coomera and Coomera Waters, are all great areas. Properties at Coomera Waters have access to a swimming pool and tennis courts, but you can still find some rental properties with pools.

Jayne

Last edited by Sue; Apr 13th 2007 at 5:43 pm. Reason: Pargraph removed. Please do not use posts for advertising, but instead use your signature, links and connections forum.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

JAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone,
Kindest regards
Janex

Hi Jane,

When we rented we couldnt find a house with a pool in Upper Coomera in easy reach of the school so we compromised and bought annual passes for wet n wild which is only 5 minutes drive away. Once we bought a house a few months later we put our own pool in.

Julia
Old Apr 13th 2007, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

Daka is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jane
We aren't quite as far north as North Lakes - which is very nice but a bit too pristine for my liking. Lots of threads on here about North Lakes, but all depends on what you like, commuting distances etc etc.

Our mortgage is going through at the moment and we are on a 457 visa, so doesn't seem to be a problem.

It seems that the 'swimming season' restarts in about September. The pool at the apartments here has got cooler over the last couple of weeks, but the sea is still warm!
Daka
Old May 11th 2007, 8:12 am
We're here and it's fab

Mark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to all

Thanks for the reply, I was under the impression that you could not get a mortgage straight away? How long have you been in Brisbane? Are you located anywhere around North Lakes? because I thought the area seemed very nice.
I would also like to buy as soon as we are sure of the area but have still been advised to rent for at least 12 months...
Thanks again
Janex
Hi Jane

We moved into a rental on North Lakes two weeks ago. It's in a complex with a pool on the estate - absolutely lovely. We have only been in Australia 3 months and we bought a plot of land - on North Lakes - didn't queue for 2 days though (as mentioned in the press!). It's a lovely place to live and handy for beaches, schools, Chermside shopping centre and Brisbane City.

We love new estates and houses so it suits us perfectly, but it depends on what you are looking for. Will be happy to provide more info if you want to PM me.

Good luck in your search - I agree it is difficult to find a 4 bed with a pool, but keep looking something will definitely turn up.

Ali X
Old May 11th 2007, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

Hello everyone,
Kindest regards
Janex
a rental in queensland with pool and air conditioning (oops just woken up)
Old May 11th 2007, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

JAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by raven
a rental in queensland with pool and air conditioning (oops just woken up)
Hahaha, I just realised that although I have posted saying that rentals with pools are rare, there is a 4 bedroomed house with pool for rent right next to us. The rent is probably about $80-$100 above the average rental cost for that type of house in this area, so I guess you have to consider how much you 'really' want a pool, especially as it is now coming up to the cooler months.

Julia
Old May 11th 2007, 11:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice

Hi
We moved to Brisbane in November and it took us 3 Weeks to get a 3/4 bedroom house with a pool
i have to admit the pool is a bit cold just now though the kids were in it last week
we are in robertson south brisbane which is very close to the M1 and takes 15 mins to get to the cbd in rush hour it takes about 30 mins

Billy