Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane Rentals?

Brisbane Rentals?

Old Jan 9th 2007, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Clan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brisbane Rentals?

Hi all,
Following the big clear out we will be moving to Brisbane on the 2nd of Feb, 2 adults, 2 teenage boys, however we are finding a problem trying to rent from this end before we go, we have been offered accomodation at $200 a day but this will drain the finances too quickly. We need at least a 3 bedroom house and can pay up to $500 per week. We tried all the estate agents on the web but no real luck. Anyone any experiences or advice to offer it would be really appreciated.
Thanks
Old Jan 9th 2007, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

smiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to all
Default Re: Brisbane Rentals?

Hi,

We arrived in Brisbane in Oct 06.

Got a rental property through www.seqrents.com.au

seq stands for south east queensland. The properties tend to be on complexes. We've got a three bed townhouse for $270 per week on a 6 month lease - prices vary depending on location etc.

Our townhouse is very nice - living area could be a bit bigger but bedrooms are all a good size (we have two teenagers too) and would be all classed as double bedrooms in UK. Main bedroom has en-suite and also main bathroom upstairs with utility room and downstairs cloakroom in addition to main living area.

As I said, living area could be a bit bigger but its ideal for the first 6 months

They are in most suburbs I think but some only appear when vacancies arise so it is important to keep checking on a regular basis.

Hope this helps and good luck

Smiths

P.S. have you got any ideas on where in Brisbane you want to be?
Old Jan 9th 2007, 11:14 am
Loving the Sunshine

anewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud of

We are staying in a complex in Manly West, about 20 mins east of Brisbane CBD. The area is great with a regular bus into the city and the Gateway Motorway only 10 minutes drive away. Rent in our unit is $250 per week and is a 3 bed, two storey and in my opinion is ideal when for you when you first arrive. We arrived in Aug 06 and considering there is at least us (wife and I plus 9yo son) and one other recently emigrated family living on the same complex, it may make the whole migrating process a little easier for you.

I dont know if any units are available, but I can ask the Site Manager if you want. You can also look at

http://www.seqrents.com.au/mm/index.htm

Let me know if you want to do anything to help, but I think you will find the email/contact details on the website anyway.

Cheers

Paul & Nicky
Old Jan 9th 2007, 11:15 am
Brian

3 LIONS is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey there ,
I've recently started renting a townhouse in Aspley on Brisbane Northern suburbs and found it quite a mission to find. With house prices increasing the way that they have in Brisbane it seems to me not many people can afford to buy a house at the moment and most are opting for rentals.
In the end I just contacted managers of townhouse complexes direct and was lucky enough to find a 3 bed town house for $270 a week.

Heres the website i found mine on......
http://www.seqrents.com.au/

Good luck
Old Jan 9th 2007, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Clan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info,
That web site you gave me is excellent, I cant believe the difference in prices, we have been looking at rentals in the $500 mark as we were told thats the only price range without a waiting list.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 4:55 pm
The Murphsters

The Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to all

Originally Posted by anewlife
We are staying in a complex in Manly West, about 20 mins east of Brisbane CBD. The area is great with a regular bus into the city and the Gateway Motorway only 10 minutes drive away. Rent in our unit is $250 per week and is a 3 bed, two storey and in my opinion is ideal when for you when you first arrive. We arrived in Aug 06 and considering there is at least us (wife and I plus 9yo son) and one other recently emigrated family living on the same complex, it may make the whole migrating process a little easier for you.

I dont know if any units are available, but I can ask the Site Manager if you want. You can also look at

http://www.seqrents.com.au/mm/index.htm

Let me know if you want to do anything to help, but I think you will find the email/contact details on the website anyway.

Cheers

Paul & Nicky

Hi Paul & Nicky,

It would be great if you could find out about vacancies, we are expecting to be arriving mid Feb and now are searching like mad to try and have something in place before we go.

Thanks

Gary & Sara
Old Jan 9th 2007, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Hi guys we've not got our visa yet but have spent hours on the pc researching (as I'm sure most folks do). Have a look at www.brisbanebound.com We found it by chance and I guess the issue is how long you are looking to rent, but I thought it would always be good to consider. Hope this is of some help.

Donna & Neil
Old Jan 9th 2007, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clan Fortune
Thanks for the info,
That web site you gave me is excellent, I cant believe the difference in prices, we have been looking at rentals in the $500 mark as we were told thats the only price range without a waiting list.
You could also try www.domain.com.au click on Stayz in top right hand corner of home page, these are all fully furnished. Have not used them myself but they were recommended by a few people?
Lol x