Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane Reccie: is my 5 day plan do-able?

Brisbane Reccie: is my 5 day plan do-able?

Old Jun 19th 2007, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Brisbane Reccie: is my 5 day plan do-able?

Hi guys,

husband and I are going to Brisbane is September this year for our reccie. We can't wait ! However, we only have 5 days for our reccie (due to having various family spread out in Oz and NZ that we must also visit) and we were wondering if it is feasible to fit the following into the
5 days we have:

(Day 1) Brisbane central suburbs (eg, Bulimba, Toowong, Indoorphilly)
then on to
(Day 2)the Bayside suburbs (Cleveland, Wellington Point)
then on to
(Day 3) Sandgate and Redcliffe
then on to
(day 4) Caloundra on Sunshine Coast (sounds good)
then ending up at
(Day 5) Hervey Bay on Sunshine Coast (my brother lives here so we want to finish here)

All of the above sound like places we would be interested in settling but how much of a feel can you really get for a place when we are rushing around like that? I'm hopingto spend a night in each of the above stops which gives us a bit more time to get to see them.

Has anyone done a similar reccie and can give me any pointers?
Thanks X
Old Jun 19th 2007, 7:56 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane Reccie: is my 5 day plan do-able?

Hello you!

You could probably do Sandgate and Redcliffe in a morning, Caloundra in the afternoon and still have time for Bribie Island!

Don't forget my suggestion to have a look at Upper Brookfield, Kenmore, Fig Tree Pocket etc, you won't regret it and you can do them from Indooroopilly very easily.

Buzzy (in sunny Mexico!)
Old Jun 19th 2007, 9:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Kiwi
Hi guys,

husband and I are going to Brisbane is September this year for our reccie. We can't wait ! However, we only have 5 days for our reccie (due to having various family spread out in Oz and NZ that we must also visit) and we were wondering if it is feasible to fit the following into the
5 days we have:

then on to
then on to
then on to
then ending up at
(Day 5) Hervey Bay on Sunshine Coast (my brother lives here so we want to finish here)

All of the above sound like places we would be interested in settling but how much of a feel can you really get for a place when we are rushing around like that? I'm hopingto spend a night in each of the above stops which gives us a bit more time to get to see them.

Thanks X
Hervey bays not on SC, its about 4 hours north of brisbane, SC is one+ hour from brisbane.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Kiwi
Hi guys,

5 days we have:

then on to
then on to
then on to
then ending up at

Thanks X
That's do-able! And not too much that it'll blow your mind as well.
Though it might be a good idea to drive up to Caloundra, and stay up there overnight, then drive up to Hervey Bay from there, cuts a good hour off the journey. Or were you going to do that anyway?
J
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks guys. Great to hear from you Buzzy, I haven't forgotten your suggestions. Hows the trip so far? I'm not jealous at all (yeah right!) Keep us posted.
Thanks for the pointer, guys, that Hervey Bay is not on the Sunshine Coast - I must have done hours and hours of research about Brisbane and the surrounds and still didn't know that. (To my shame!) I think I assumed that the SC spread the whole way up! Oops. XX