Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

brisbane or queensland?

Wikiposts

brisbane or queensland?

Old Apr 14th 2003, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

kango_jack will become famous soon enoughkango_jack will become famous soon enough

Hi Pott
Things are going really well, we are still in the honeymoon period where everything is new and we learn something everyday!
Our little boy Jack is loving it, just seeing him running around in shorts and bare feet all the time makes us realise how lucky we are. Back in the UK we lived in a beautiful area we just didn't have the weather, so you couldn't plan to do things very often and always had to be prepared for the worst weather.
The job front is pretty much how we expected, although surprised that Paul secured a 3 month IT support contract after only a couple of weeks of looking. At least this keeps us going while he is looking for something permanent.
Some things are more expensive than we expected and there are probably bits and pieces we should have brought with us but didn't (like gardening tools which we didn't want to risk through quarantine). Overall though no regrets, we speak to our familys regularly on the phone, and use e-mail and the web-cam a lot to keep in touch with people.
If there is anything else you want to know please let me know.
Cheers
Annie
Old Apr 14th 2003, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

Chris000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dotty
Chris, is that the same old chris, I think you know what I mean.

Did a search on Ipswich, my posts on it were actually fairly nice compared to some of them by others, and no not once did i say it was the only area with no growth.

Let the punters make their own minds up, type in www.realestate.com.au and go to Ipswich
"The Sunday mail had an article on areas where property prices have not moved, (despite most of QLD going through the roof> 9 of the 12 areas that were stagnant were in Ipswich." - Dotty 30/03/03.

I was close.

Chris