Reload this Page >

brisbane or perth for electricians

Wikiposts

brisbane or perth for electricians

Old May 16th 2004, 12:34 am
From U.K 2 Aus

Jigsaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jad n rich
Husbands not an electrician but a builder so we employ them. Put all our jobs out to tender once a year. To take on the job you need qualifications, license, saftey card, liability insurance, registered for GST/ABN and business management course. Think thats all, same really for most trades. Electrical contract usually goes out for $2500 to $3000 including GST, thats the whole job from wiring to fit off, they supply from cable and wires to TV points and light switches etc, we just supply the fittings such as oven/ light fittings but they do the bulbs etc too. Whole job is a brand new 15 room house probably around 260 square metres.
Theres work here no doubt.

Few other subbies, brickies $650 per thousand but thats doubled in the boom, plumber about $5000 for the entire job, ground work trenches pipes taps fit off etc, but we supply the white goods like toilets. We supply the kitchen but the fitters are on $650 a week pre tax, carpenters are the most expensive can be $30.00 an hour but we employ them on a square rate to keep costs down and speed up. Cleaners, builders clean, not nice $1.30 a SM, anyone wants any others just let me know.

Should have said in general wages would be higher in Eastern States than Perth.
Hi were about in Aus? Hubby fancies Brisbane - he can remeber visiting as a child, lived in Adelaide for 7 years as a kid. perth sounds like an option as well though. He has not thought about returning until now and is hell bent on us all coming out. Thanks for the info was getting a bit worried when l started reading some of the replies Graham asked the question l was about to post. Sounds like it's the same there as it is here - if you got the qualifications and the gumption there is always work. Just at the beginning of our app - but none of us can wait to get out there.

Keep in touch, then l can pick your useful brains and if we end up close enough you could end up employing a bloody good spark (only joking)
Bye for now OR should l say - G'day to ya mate!
Old May 16th 2004, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

bcl74 is on a distinguished road

Hi Graham,
Pleased to see your application is progressing, Ours was sent off just before the points went up, what a mad panic that was, but it is now in the system so fingers crossed.

Brian and Sharon
Old May 17th 2004, 12:20 am
still searching

woody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nice

Originally posted by brijacq
My husband is also electrician and we wondered how long it took to get positive assessment from TRA. We are just in the process of trying to put all his paperwork together and a bit confused as how much information to include - can you give us any tips?
also getting my info ready for the tra, but going through an agent.
he will need to write about what he did on each of his apprentice years plus jobs and tools used. i did about 6 pages on this. also have had managers from previous companies do me references for what jobs and tools i have used. have had to get all the references stat declorationed by a soliciter. i know its a pain in the rear but should be worth the hassle. a.t.b
:scared: :scared:
Old May 17th 2004, 4:38 am
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Location: Was Wakefield, Now Bayside,Capalaba, Brisbane since 2004
Darren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant future
Default Re: brisbane or perth for electricians

Originally posted by gtyson
My name is Graham 34 My wife Clare 37 & son Jack 8 from Cheshire are hoping to emigrate early 2005 & we're wondering if anyone can help & tell me if there is more work for electricians in perth or brisbane .I got a file number in March for my visa application & am just waiting to hear.Also has anyone any info on obtaining a electrical license.
We would prefer to live about 30miles from the city & need somewhere that has junior football teams for jack & maybe veterans for me,& areas to steer clear of

Hi there i am also an Electrician(Mr leannefr) and today have just received our visas!!(5 1/2 months it took from acknowledgment)
Done all that TRA business(what a nightmare contacting previous employers etc)
We are off to Brisbane and hoping to live somewhere south of the CBD.
There seems to be plenty of work around by looking at all the job pages.
I am hoping to use our agent to get all the relevant paper work so i can start work after a few weeks of arriving.
By general though there seems to be a hell of a lot more work in Brisbane than Perth.
Also about the football. Im hoping to carry on my 5/11 a side career too.
Good luck
Old May 17th 2004, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

gtyson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by leannefr
Hi there i am also an Electrician(Mr leannefr) and today have just received our visas!!(5 1/2 months it took from acknowledgment)
Done all that TRA business(what a nightmare contacting previous employers etc)
We are off to Brisbane and hoping to live somewhere south of the CBD.
There seems to be plenty of work around by looking at all the job pages.
I am hoping to use our agent to get all the relevant paper work so i can start work after a few weeks of arriving.
By general though there seems to be a hell of a lot more work in Brisbane than Perth.
Also about the football. Im hoping to carry on my 5/11 a side career too.
Good luck
Well done with visa hopr mine comes through that quick, will you keep in touch to te;ll me how you get on with license, work, house hunting & most importantly the footie.My work email is [email protected] or Home [email protected] luck & speak to you soon
Graham
Old May 17th 2004, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by Jigsaw
Hiya Graham, we just getting all hubby's statements of service together etc. We are also in Chester and have a son called jack- he is 17 though and another two girls 13,15. Hubby Rick is an Electrician and l work for one of the big banks. Sounds like we have a bit in common. He is domestic/industrial and has vast experience - hoping this will make all the difference to our app.

Knew about the licence, but thought he could get it before we went. Thanks for asking the very question that was on my lips all the answers have been really useful
Hi Jigsaw
Where abouts in chester are you from ?Where are you hoping to go to in oz?Do you work in hsbc or rbos on 1 of the industrial estates as we have lots of friends working in them? where does hubby work I'm at Octel in Ellesmere Port
Old May 18th 2004, 4:09 am
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Darren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant future

Well done with visa hopr mine comes through that quick, will you keep in touch to te;ll me how you get on with license, work, house hunting & most importantly the footie.My work email is [email protected] or Home [email protected] luck & speak to you soon
Graham

No worries.
Taken note of your e mail addresses and ill keep you informed.
House hunting...Prob going to rent for 6 months to suss out the area then buy+mortgage.
My brother lives in Sydney and has a few contacts regarding work as he works for a large engineering firm `tyco`lindapter.
So hopefully going to get work through him.
Old May 18th 2004, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

No worries.
Taken note of your e mail addresses and ill keep you informed.
House hunting...Prob going to rent for 6 months to suss out the area then buy+mortgage.
My brother lives in Sydney and has a few contacts regarding work as he works for a large engineering firm `tyco`lindapter.
So hopefully going to get work through him.
Where about South of Brisbane are you looking cos we're the same ?Has that firm got contracts in Brisbane area beleive Wellington point area is nice?Have you got kids?You'll have to sus out some footie teams I'll need over 35's by the time I get there(if visa comes through)
Speak to you soon
Graham
Old May 18th 2004, 8:32 pm
ABCDiamond

A Wellington Point link for you.

Old May 19th 2004, 3:04 am
From U.K 2 Aus

Hi Jigsaw
Where abouts in chester are you from ?Where are you hoping to go to in oz?Do you work in hsbc or rbos on 1 of the industrial estates as we have lots of friends working in them? where does hubby work I'm at Octel in Ellesmere Port
Hi there

I work for HBOS. Hubby works in Wrexham. Live just outside City Centre. Both have had enough of our jobs and have decided for the off, thinking of Brisbane. How far are you along with your application? We are just collating all the stuff for TRA. It is a bit of a nightmare getting waiting for everything to come back. Have not told anybody of our itentions yet, but old work mates are on the phone constantly - managers must have told them about our requests for statements of service. Kids are absolutely buzzin about it and cannot wait keep telling tham we have a long way to go. All l keep thinking is what to take and what to leave - supposing we get that far! Good to hear from you Keep in touch we can compare notes as we progress eh!

Old May 19th 2004, 7:38 am
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Where about South of Brisbane are you looking cos we're the same ?Has that firm got contracts in Brisbane area beleive Wellington point area is nice?Have you got kids?You'll have to sus out some footie teams I'll need over 35's by the time I get there(if visa comes through)
Speak to you soon
Graham

Looking to live around Acacia Ridge/Sunnybank area.
When i visited for a hol i brought back the Brisbane UBD home which is like a bible.
You can put names of places that pop up on real estate web sites and actually look at where they are located.
Wellington point is nice but expensive(on our budget anyway)lol
Got one kid aged 6.
I play 5 a side on thurs and 11 a side on sundays but that season has finished and i will really miss it if i can`t find anywhere to play.
A bit worried about work because a lot of people say that Sparkys are not as highly rated as over here.
Even site labourers are on more
Old May 19th 2004, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by Jigsaw
Hi there

I work for HBOS. Hubby works in Wrexham. Live just outside City Centre. Both have had enough of our jobs and have decided for the off, thinking of Brisbane. How far are you along with your application? We are just collating all the stuff for TRA. It is a bit of a nightmare getting waiting for everything to come back. Have not told anybody of our itentions yet, but old work mates are on the phone constantly - managers must have told them about our requests for statements of service. Kids are absolutely buzzin about it and cannot wait keep telling tham we have a long way to go. All l keep thinking is what to take and what to leave - supposing we get that far! Good to hear from you Keep in touch we can compare notes as we progress eh!

Hi again
My sister works in the mortgage dept (ann mayo),also barbara newnes,& brothers wife julie tyson.
I got my file No from DIMIA in March so was told about 9months from then if everything goes ok. Are you using an agent?
Speak to you soon
Graham
Old May 19th 2004, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

Looking to live around Acacia Ridge/Sunnybank area.
When i visited for a hol i brought back the Brisbane UBD home which is like a bible.
You can put names of places that pop up on real estate web sites and actually look at where they are located.
Wellington point is nice but expensive(on our budget anyway)lol
Got one kid aged 6.
I play 5 a side on thurs and 11 a side on sundays but that season has finished and i will really miss it if i can`t find anywhere to play.
A bit worried about work because a lot of people say that Sparkys are not as highly rated as over here.
Even site labourers are on more
Hi leannefr
What budget are you looking at for house & what will that get you in them areas? We're looking at between £125000 & £150000 hopefully 4 bed with pool do you think we'll get something like that?Really love to live in a nice quiet area thats got good schools & no rough element (drugs etc),if anyone can give me some of these areas to look at it would be appreciated?
On the footie I'm the same as you 5aside in the week & player/manager for 11aside team (we won local premier league & cup double this season so on a high at moment!
On the work I heard if you willing to do the work youll do ok its just getting that 1st job once youve got that youll be ok? Iwant ideally to work on all the new builds & do abit of house bashing but will do anything really!
Speak to you soon
Graham
Old May 22nd 2004, 5:58 am
From U.K 2 Aus

Hi again
My sister works in the mortgage dept (ann mayo),also barbara newnes,& brothers wife julie tyson.
I got my file No from DIMIA in March so was told about 9months from then if everything goes ok. Are you using an agent?
Speak to you soon
Graham
Hi Graham

Sonds like its a family affair for you! I work for processing in Weaver St and have just been displaced - means l have to look for another job within the company. Hope to get into underwriting good money and only working evenings. This will give me all day to ride my horses and sort out the application to Oz. It is a nightmare getting all the stuff toghether for the TRA. The two replies we have had, have had to go back they are not what is needed :scared:

How are your replies going? Brilliant weather so far this week eh! Keep in touch and let us know how and when its all going. Speak to you soon
Old May 22nd 2004, 6:34 am
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Hi leannefr
What budget are you looking at for house & what will that get you in them areas? We're looking at between £125000 & £150000 hopefully 4 bed with pool do you think we'll get something like that?Really love to live in a nice quiet area thats got good schools & no rough element (drugs etc),if anyone can give me some of these areas to look at it would be appreciated?
On the footie I'm the same as you 5aside in the week & player/manager for 11aside team (we won local premier league & cup double this season so on a high at moment!
On the work I heard if you willing to do the work youll do ok its just getting that 1st job once youve got that youll be ok? Iwant ideally to work on all the new builds & do abit of house bashing but will do anything really!
Speak to you soon
Graham

With that sort of money you should get a half decent house.Dont know about pool though?
We are taking around £20,000 with us and thats to get us a car($5000) and furnish a house(basic needs)`
Gonna rent for 6 months then buy(mortgage)
Our team(11 a side(Crown Rangers) ) were relegated on last day in Heavy woolen gate league(Every one was still pissed from one of the lads engagement do night before)lol.
I would ideally like to get on a new build so i could get to grips with the ways they do it.
Then may be in a couple of years start on my own.
Dont know about house bashing i dont fancy meeting one of those spiders in the loft!!
Darren

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.