Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

brisbane or perth

brisbane or perth

Old Jan 28th 2009, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

chriskellychloe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default brisbane or perth

The mrs and I are 26 and 27, with a 4year old girl and one on the way due end of march....we're looking to live in oz within the next 2 or 3 years, what dya reckon then.....Brisbane or Perth?
Old Jan 28th 2009, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

nbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud of
Default Re: brisbane or perth

Originally Posted by chriskellychloe
The mrs and I are 26 and 27, with a 4year old girl and one on the way due end of march....we're looking to live in oz within the next 2 or 3 years, what dya reckon then.....Brisbane or Perth?
Hi we had exactly the same dilema. We have two children 3 and 5 and after much research we have decided on Brisbane as it seems to have a lot more to offer in terms of outdoor living and as people have mentioned Perth is isolated.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

chriskellychloe is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah i hear that quite abit, in perth there is only perth, but with Brisbane theres sufers paradise, etc

we spent two weeks in perth and it blew us away with hoe clean it was and it seemed like at the end of every street there was a park.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

suzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nice

Perth is really clean, we thought that when we went but for me there was a spark missing from the place it was just well, kinda boring! IMO anyway. Not been to Brisbane but did consider it because my husband would have no troble finding a job there, but we (I) decided on Melbourne.

It's a hard decision to make without travelling around OZ I think!
Old Jan 29th 2009, 3:14 am
Forum Regular

PJLondonSydney is a jewel in the roughPJLondonSydney is a jewel in the roughPJLondonSydney is a jewel in the roughPJLondonSydney is a jewel in the roughPJLondonSydney is a jewel in the rough

I'd have to say Brisbane. Perth is beautiful, The Swan is blue and the wine districts are great. It also has a very good climate. The only problems are that it is a bit small and very isolated. While Brisbane is not much bigger, it has great climate, the best beaches in the country are 1-2 hours away (okay they aren't in the city itself), it is very relaxed and friendly and it's close to the bigger cities if you want to go there.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 3:33 am
BE Enthusiast

suzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to all

Hi we moved to Brisbane in Oct 08, its a great city with lots going on every where with plenty to do in surrounding suburbs
Old Jan 29th 2009, 3:34 am
BE Enthusiast

suzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to all

Oh we have kids to one of 8 one of 3 and they love it here