Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane or Perth ???

Brisbane or Perth ???

Old Jul 25th 2006, 9:13 pm
Wright family

lee wright is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brisbane or Perth ???

Hi all. We are planning to emigrate to Auz but after doing many hours of research on each city (Perth or Brisbane), we are going round in circles. Any advice and points of view?? I am an engineer working in the food industry.
Thanks

Lee
Old Jul 25th 2006, 9:36 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane or Perth ???

Originally Posted by lee wright
Hi all. We are planning to emigrate to Auz but after doing many hours of research on each city (Perth or Brisbane), we are going round in circles. Any advice and points of view?? I am an engineer working in the food industry.
Thanks

Lee
Hi Lee, they're both really different places - you'd really need to look at what it is you want out of your new life in Oz

Best thing to do would be to go out and visit, research the jobs, lifestyle, climate, cost of living etc
Old Jul 25th 2006, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

shade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Clippies
Hi Lee, they're both really different places - you'd really need to look at what it is you want out of your new life in Oz

Best thing to do would be to go out and visit, research the jobs, lifestyle, climate, cost of living etc

UMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
I have lived in both Brisbane as a single person and here in Perth for 8 years.
Perth is very beautiful and great faily life but can get boring once lived here for over a number of years.And unless you earn good money and can be flying here there and everywhere its expensive to go anywhere.
If I had my time again I would proberbly go Brisbane.
Old Jul 25th 2006, 11:16 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

I've never been to PErth so I'm just going to spruik Brisvegas.

Brissy is great, there's loads to do within 1.5 hrs of the city, fantastic beaches, great hinterland, easy and cheap to visit Mel and Syd, great sub-tropical climate, good attitude, increasing similarlity in salaries with Syd and Mel and marginally cheaper housing.

Just bring your own water.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 8:06 am
CJN
Forum Regular

CJN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jayr
I've never been to PErth so I'm just going to spruik Brisvegas.

Brissy is great, there's loads to do within 1.5 hrs of the city, fantastic beaches, great hinterland, easy and cheap to visit Mel and Syd, great sub-tropical climate, good attitude, increasing similarlity in salaries with Syd and Mel and marginally cheaper housing.

Just bring your own water.
Bris is indeed great.

We landed here 6 months ago & have settled in really quickly. The beaches are better in Perth but it's so far from the rest of the World & it's full of Poms. Bris is just a couple of hours from Cairns, Melbourne & an hour from Sydney. Don't go on a reccy first as everything will change before you finally get out here. The jobs market, property prices etc are always changing, unlike the weather here in Bris that seems to be the same week to week, which is great for planning trips out. The weather in the other big cities can change in a day.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 8:09 am
CJN
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CJN
Bris is indeed great.

We landed here 6 months ago & have settled in really quickly. The beaches are better in Perth but it's so far from the rest of the World & it's full of Poms. Bris is just a couple of hours from Cairns, Melbourne & an hour from Sydney. Don't go on a reccy first as everything will change before you finally get out here. The jobs market, property prices etc are always changing, unlike the weather here in Bris that seems to be the same week to week, which is great for planning trips out. The weather in the other big cities can change in a day.
& exactly what do you do for a living?

I work for a company that manufacture thickening fluids & thickened drinks - we're always looking for good staff
Old Jul 26th 2006, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

katcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud of

Never been to Perth but with Brissy you have so many fab places not too far away, the sunshine coast, the goldcoast etc. We looked into Perth but felt it was a little on its own so we went with Brissy. Good luck with your decision!!
Old Jul 26th 2006, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

jdjnr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CJN

I work for a company that manufacture thickening fluids & thickened drinks - we're always looking for good staff
And what company would that be?? I'm from manufacturing background and will be job hunting when i get over to Brisbane in September.....

Jon

Going with the thread though - spent good bit of time in both cities and Brisbane wins hands down seems to be much more life to it - depends on what your looking for of course and different people take different things from both cities !!
Old Jul 26th 2006, 11:19 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Don't bother coming to Perth unless you're a millionaire.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 12:00 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Brisbane or Perth?

Mount Gambier is my answer.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 8:14 pm
Wright family

lee wright is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CJN

Hi .
I work ( and have worked for many years now) as an engineeing manager in fresh meat, frozen ready meals and bakery. So I have a broad range of skills. Obviously a certain amount of industrial refrigeration water treatment effluent treatment experience.
Cheers

Lee
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 10:04 am
CJN
Forum Regular

Hi .
I work ( and have worked for many years now) as an engineeing manager in fresh meat, frozen ready meals and bakery. So I have a broad range of skills. Obviously a certain amount of industrial refrigeration water treatment effluent treatment experience.
Cheers

Lee
Lee, drop me an e-mail at work on [email protected] along with your CV. You never know when we'll have a position free. We're about 20k South of Brisbane & it's a very easy commute each day
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 10:39 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Lee
Brisbane. Even more so now that property prices and stamp duty is so outrageous in Perth. You can get a property in Brisbane for half the cost of its equivalent in a similar area in Perth
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 10:40 am
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Brisbane or Perth ???

We have the same dilema as you, so we are going on a reccie to both Perth and Brisbane, this will hopefully get the whole Perth thing out of our system. Brisbane does seem the sensible option for location and housing etc, but Perth just looks fantastic. I really think we will end up in Brisbane, but will let you know in October. Good luck in your decision.
Clairex
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 10:41 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Don't bother coming to Perth unless you're a millionaire.
And that will only buy an average 4x2 in mandurah thesedays won't it renth? :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.